View Full Version : How dare people say Joe Louis would have been knocked out by Mike Tyson?

kendom
06-01-2011, 02:55 PM
I just saw a thread where people argued that Tyson was "bigger, faster, stronger, more powerful" so would have won and koed Louis in 1st round. Thats ridiculous, people seem to underestimate Louis chin because he was knocked out by Max Schmeling, forgetting the fact that he was knocked out by consecutive right hands over 12 rounds and was grossly out of shape. In his fight with Max Baer was Louis not taking his hardest punches? everytime Louis was knocked down he was getting up and in control before the round was over, that shows recuperative skill. Joe Louis would have beaten Mike with his jab, superior boxing skills and crushing uppercuts on the inside, Louis by eight round KO

Barnburner
06-01-2011, 03:27 PM
I always liked Louis by TKO in this match-up.

The Surgeon
06-01-2011, 04:00 PM
My two favourite fighters of ALL TIME right there.

Tyson definately packed the power plus had the speed and talent to KO Joe imo and if he did do it it would have been early, so someone saying Tyson KO 1 or KO2 to me is believable and not as disrespectfull as it sounds but on the flip side Joe was a great technition with insane power of his own and perhaps even better combinations (love both these guys when the let the power shots stream together) so a strong case can be made for him getting Tyson outta there

them_apples
06-01-2011, 04:39 PM
I just saw a thread where people argued that Tyson was "bigger, faster, stronger, more powerful" so would have won and koed Louis in 1st round. Thats ridiculous, people seem to underestimate Louis chin because he was knocked out by Max Schmeling, forgetting the fact that he was knocked out by consecutive right hands over 12 rounds and was grossly out of shape. In his fight with Max Baer was Louis not taking his hardest punches? everytime Louis was knocked down he was getting up and in control before the round was over, that shows recuperative skill. Joe Louis would have beaten Mike with his jab, superior boxing skills and crushing uppercuts on the inside, Louis by eight round KO

I wouldn't say the first round. But Tyson is a lot better puncher than Max Baer. It's not as simple as PSI when it comes to how good a puncher is. Not only was Tyson a very strong HW, he also possessed incredible speed and accuracy. Tyson loses when he can be pushed back and out worked, frustrated and also when Tyson isn't motivated himself. Louis is very straight forward, throws nice sharp inside punches but really hasn't seen anyone like Mike Tyson ever in his career.

kendom
06-01-2011, 04:41 PM
My two favourite fighters of ALL TIME right there.

Tyson definately packed the power plus had the speed and talent to KO Joe imo and if he did do it it would have been early, so someone saying Tyson KO 1 or KO2 to me is believable and not as disrespectfull as it sounds but on the flip side Joe was a great technition with insane power of his own and perhaps even better combinations (love both these guys when the let the power shots stream together) so a strong case can be made for him getting Tyson outta there

I dont think its possible for Tyson to get the early round ko, maybe a knockdown but not a ko. Maybe if Louis still made the mistake that cost him against Schmeling, but no not a pime in shape Louis. If Louis did get knocked down he would get up and use his jab and boxing skills to outbox Tyson and tie him up on the inside, remember Tyson wasnt a swarmer so Louis doesnt have to fear much, and even if Tyson was, Louis in his prime mastered how to tear swarmers apart, just watch his second fight with Arturo Godoy.

Check_hooks
06-01-2011, 04:43 PM
If prime Tyson got into a time machine and get a automatic title shot against Louis and Louis never got the chance to see how Mike fought than I think Mike would've knocked him out in under 6.

Prime Tyson was unlike any heavyweight boxer ever. Tyson by devastating uppercut.

F l i c k e r
06-01-2011, 04:47 PM
If prime Tyson got into a time machine and get a automatic title shot against Louis and Louis never got the chance to see how Mike fought than I think Mike would've knocked him out in under 6.

Prime Tyson was unlike any heavyweight boxer ever. Tyson by devastating uppercut.

lol, agreed. Tyson would have iced him. I don't think by uppercut, most likely a hook but never the less it would be a knockout. I would have to say it would be sad for Joe to get owned like I think he would get owned.

kendom
06-01-2011, 04:52 PM
I wouldn't say the first round. But Tyson is a lot better puncher than Max Baer. It's not as simple as PSI when it comes to how good a puncher is. Not only was Tyson a very strong HW, he also possessed incredible speed and accuracy. Tyson loses when he can be pushed back and out worked, frustrated and also when Tyson isn't motivated himself. Louis is very straight forward, throws nice sharp inside punches but really hasn't seen anyone like Mike Tyson ever in his career.

Tyson would definetly have been pushed back and frustrated and Louis was a master of catching his opponent coming in, Holyfields counter punching ability gave Tyson problems, Louis was more effective, his footwork decieving his opponents and drawing them in and his power much greater, on the inside Tyson would be peppered with uppercuts, watch the second fight with Godoy Louis is constantly circling out of the swarmers way, using his jab and uppercuts powerful enough to lift a 230lb Tony Galento off his feet and Godoy had good head movement.

kendom
06-01-2011, 04:59 PM

Come on lets not overrate Tyson here, prime Tyson would have lost to a great host of heavyweights and Louis was one of them, Louis surpasses him in handspeed, slighty in punching power, has the height and reach advantage and better boxing skills and to knock him out with an uppercut Tyson would have to get on the inside and Louis was a much better infighter than he was, with better body punching and feints. Tyson was a mid range fighter.

kendom
06-01-2011, 05:00 PM
lol, agreed. Tyson would have iced him. I don't think by uppercut, most likely a hook but never the less it would be a knockout. I would have to say it would be sad for Joe to get owned like I think he would get owned.

Exactly how would he get owned? Elaborate sir

F l i c k e r
06-01-2011, 05:02 PM
Tyson would definetly have been pushed back and frustrated and Louis was a master of catching his opponent coming in, Holyfields counter punching ability gave Tyson problems, Louis was more effective, his footwork decieving his opponents and drawing them in and his power much greater, on the inside Tyson would be peppered with uppercuts, watch the second fight with Godoy Louis is constantly circling out of the swarmers way, using his jab and uppercuts powerful enough to lift a 230lb Tony Galento off his feet and destroys Galento and Galento had good head movement.

That's totally different. Holyfield is a different type of athlete than Joe was, superior athlete at that. Athlete =//= boxer.

Joe simply faught to upright and stiff, robotic. Yes, many people don't like to hear that but it's the truth. I hate to say it but it's the truth.

If styles make fights then Joe's style is simply not advanced enough to take care of Tyson. The speed, movement, low center of gravity and utter destructive power in every one of Tyson punches would simply be too much for Joe to handle.

The only way Joe wins against Tyson is if Joe can endure such a destructive force that was Tyson's punches. When Tyson can't hurt someone, he loses confidence and gives up. With that said, I don't think Joe would handle the bombs like rock-head Holyfield did.

The Noose
06-01-2011, 05:04 PM
This match up just has "OUCH!!" written all over it.

studentofthegam
06-01-2011, 05:21 PM
Mike probably knocks him out.

JAB5239
06-01-2011, 05:27 PM
Mike probably knocks him out.

Like Buster Douglas? :fest30:

studentofthegam
06-01-2011, 05:29 PM
Like Buster Douglas? :fest30:Its a much bigger shock than Hopkins/Trinidad. LOL. I make no excuses for Tyson and I'm not even a fan but I think Mike was a little too explosive and quick.

JAB5239
06-01-2011, 05:34 PM
Its a much bigger shock than Hopkins/Trinidad. LOL. I make no excuses for Tyson and I'm not even a fan but I think Mike was a little too explosive and quick.

Im just playing.

I would pick Louis in this match up, but Tyson certainly has a chance to stop Joe.

kendom
06-01-2011, 05:45 PM
That's totally different. Holyfield is a different type of athlete than Joe was, superior athlete at that. Athlete =//= boxer.

Joe simply faught to upright and stiff, robotic. Yes, many people don't like to hear that but it's the truth. I hate to say it but it's the truth.

If styles make fights then Joe's style is simply not advanced enough to take care of Tyson. The speed, movement, low center of gravity and utter destructive power in every one of Tyson punches would simply be too much for Joe to handle.

The only way Joe wins against Tyson is if Joe can endure such a destructive force that was Tyson's punches. When Tyson can't hurt someone, he loses confidence and gives up. With that said, I don't think Joe would handle the bombs like rock-head Holyfield did.

Louis's style was similar to Holyfields, his counter punching ability is greater and his style wasnt stiff or robotic, he was a master of parrying jabs, had good head movement and defense, why would he need to take Tysons punches when he could could tie Tyson up and could keep him away with jabs and using angles?. By the way Louis was a master of catching an opponent coming in and knocking them out. Tyson cant knock out Louis if his attack is getting neutralised by superior boxing skill and infighting ability again you havent shown me how Tyson would knock Louis out, your're just basically repeating the same old rhetoric "Joe Louis is too robotic etc" but im explaining why hes not. Again im referencing to the second fight with Arturo Godoy, where Louis showed how to dsimantle a crouching fighter, sure Godoy didnt have the speed and power of Tyson, but he was a superior infighter like i said before Tyson was a mid range fighter.

kendom
06-01-2011, 05:48 PM
Its a much bigger shock than Hopkins/Trinidad. LOL. I make no excuses for Tyson and I'm not even a fan but I think Mike was a little too explosive and quick.
It wouldnt matter Louis would neutralise Tysons speed and aggression by tying him up, outboxing him on the inside and breaking his ribs on the inside en route to a mid rounds knockout.

Wild Blue Yonda
06-01-2011, 08:18 PM
Louis' jab would be the difference, & set up the fatal follow-through. I see Louis stopping Tyson, but there would always be that chance...

Scott9945
06-02-2011, 01:52 AM
You can't completely dismiss Tyson's chances of KO'ing Joe Louis. He was dropped more than a few times by much lesser talents. I rate Joe much higher on any top 10 list, but he'd be in serious danger the first few rounds.

Devroy Jones
06-02-2011, 02:27 AM
IMO........(and I'm right about this one) Louis wins the match. Lets go into the details.

Louis had better chin than Patterson but weaker than Tyson. The only reason he didnt get KO'd every fight was because of his inhuman technique. He was the best technician ever and he could bang real hard too. Now Tyson on the other hand was no less of a banger than Louis, he was real quick with his head as well as hands. He was also tough to KO. but its plain that Tyson has no stamina. Tyson at his prime never finished average matches within five rounds. It became so easy for him., but Louis could not be put down within five. He will frustrate Tyson and clinch him, dodge him, parry him and get those countershots in. Now even someone as tough as Tyson could not resist Knockdown if we take the Schmeling 2 version of Louis. And since Tyson has NO heart(figuratively, I mean) he is more likely to be counted out.

Now what I also predict is one of those uppercuts of Tyson would find its way to Louis' chin and he will be KD'd. But Joe Louis had tremendous heart, so he will get up and finish the job.
Hereby, I stand by my decision : Joe Louis by way of KO Rd.8

P.S. who the **** said Louis would get KO'd in Rd.1? LOL! thats plain ridiculous.

F l i c k e r
06-02-2011, 02:29 AM
Louis's style was similar to Holyfields, his counter punching ability is greater and his style wasnt stiff or robotic, he was a master of parrying jabs, had good head movement and defense, why would he need to take Tysons punches when he could could tie Tyson up and could keep him away with jabs and using angles?. By the way Louis was a master of catching an opponent coming in and knocking them out. Tyson cant knock out Louis if his attack is getting neutralised by superior boxing skill and infighting ability again you havent shown me how Tyson would knock Louis out, your're just basically repeating the same old rhetoric "Joe Louis is too robotic etc" but im explaining why hes not. Again im referencing to the second fight with Arturo Godoy, where Louis showed how to dsimantle a crouching fighter, sure Godoy didnt have the speed and power of Tyson, but he was a superior infighter like i said before Tyson was a mid range fighter.

Well I think you underestimate Tyson's unique ability to close distance so quickly and hardly getting hit in the process. Which he always follows up with a huge hook to either the chin or the body.

So, yes, we can say Tyson is susceptible to the jab but can Joe deal with that superior head movement and distance closing speed? I doubt it because heavyweights back then didn't have nearly the speed as they do after his time. Which is why heavyweights were so dumbfounded by Ali's style, speed wasn't the norm to the heavyweight game but that's another discussion.

So let's see. Your argument is that Joe will catch him comming in like godoy. Well, lets see does Godoy come in weaving? Nope. He comes in with no head movement. "oh he was crouching" so? he came in with his head lowered but no movement of the dome. Now let's see the power. That is clear. There isn't many you can even compare to Tyson's explosive power. And Joe may be textbook and Tyson's style may not be complex but the simple stuff can be dangerous with the right person

speed, movement, power- tyson
jab, mental game- Joe

So, like i stated. If Joe can't withstand Tyson's power(which I don't think he could), he will get kayo'd. If he can, Tyson will lose confidence, quit and lose. Which could even be a kayo, that is how poor Tyson's mental game was.

JAB5239
06-02-2011, 02:33 AM
Well I think you underestimate Tyson's unique ability to close distance so quickly and hardly getting hit in the process. Which he always follows up with a huge hook to either the chin or the body.

So, yes, we can say Tyson is susceptible to the jab but can Joe deal with that superior head movement and distance closing speed? I doubt it because heavyweights back then didn't have nearly the speed as they do after his time. Which is why heavyweights were so dumbfounded by Ali's style, speed wasn't the norm to the heavyweight game but that's another discussion.

So let's see. Your argument is that Joe will catch him comming in like godoy. Well, lets see does Godoy come in weaving? Nope. He comes in with no head movement. "oh he was crouching" so? he came in with his head lowered but no movement of the dome. Now let's see the power. That is clear. There isn't many you can even compare to Tyson's explosive power. And Joe may be textbook and Tyson's style may not be complex but the simple stuff can be dangerous with the right person

jab, mental game- Joe

So, like i stated. If Joe can't withstand Tyson's power(which I don't think he could), he will get kayo'd. If he can, Tyson will lose confidence, quit and lose. Which could even be a kayo, that is how poor Tyson's mental game was.

Well we never saw Louis get ko'd in his prime, but we did see it happen to a Tyson who's confidence HAD been shattered. Im just sayin'.....:dunno:

Barnburner
06-02-2011, 03:52 AM

jab, mental game- Joe

Joe Louis has more power than Tyson.

MANIAC310
06-02-2011, 06:23 AM
Tyson would KO him in the mid rounds

Barnburner
06-02-2011, 06:38 AM
Seriously?

I can see a KO but, Mid-Rounds? Assuming Joe makes it to the mid rounds which is extremely probably, Tyson will be spent and Joe will have figured him out so it will be plain sailing.

fitefanSHO
06-02-2011, 09:05 AM
If Tyson immediately blitzed Louis, it's conceivable he could get him outta there inside of 3 rounds, but what's more likely is Louis surviving the early onslaught and then coming on strong in middle rounds when Tyson is really sucking wind and starting to sponge up punches.

Louis KO9 Tyson

IronDanHamza
06-02-2011, 10:43 AM
Unless Tyson knocks out Louis in the first half of the fight Louis does some real damage and takes him out.

Tyson has a a good chin and will take alot of punishment before it's stopped.

kendom
06-02-2011, 11:53 AM
IMO........(and I'm right about this one) Louis wins the match. Lets go into the details.

Louis had better chin than Patterson but weaker than Tyson. The only reason he didnt get KO'd every fight was because of his inhuman technique. He was the best technician ever and he could bang real hard too. Now Tyson on the other hand was no less of a banger than Louis, he was real quick with his head as well as hands. He was also tough to KO. but its plain that Tyson has no stamina. Tyson at his prime never finished average matches within five rounds. It became so easy for him., but Louis could not be put down within five. He will frustrate Tyson and clinch him, dodge him, parry him and get those countershots in. Now even someone as tough as Tyson could not resist Knockdown if we take the Schmeling 2 version of Louis. And since Tyson has NO heart(figuratively, I mean) he is more likely to be counted out.

Now what I also predict is one of those uppercuts of Tyson would find its way to Louis' chin and he will be KD'd. But Joe Louis had tremendous heart, so he will get up and finish the job.
Hereby, I stand by my decision : Joe Louis by way of KO Rd.8

P.S. who the **** said Louis would get KO'd in Rd.1? LOL! thats plain ridiculous.

Whoo Thank You took the words right out of my mouth some karma is in store

kendom
06-02-2011, 12:05 PM

jab, mental game- Joe

Er Yes Godoy did have head movement and he did come in weaving,and you underestimate Louis ability to tie Tyson up as he is coming in, it doesnt matter how fast Tysons coming in if his speed is getting neutralised, by the way Louis fought fast fighters who were incredibly elusive like Bob Pastor and Billy Connn, difference is they were moving away from him and thats what caused the problem, however Tyson moving to him is a prime target for delicous punches, by the way Louis's handspeed surpasses Tysons, they can be argued equal but in terms of handspeed Tyson does not have the advantage. Ther only way Tyson can win this fight is if he kos Louis early, but hows he going to do that? like i said before Louis wud probably be knocked down, being knocked out is another factor, especially since Louis would not be susceptible to Mikes punches as he was to Schmeling and would be in shape. Coupled with the fact that he would be able to neutralise Tysons speed, use his jab and superior boxing skills to evade Mike on the outside, and break his ribs with short, compact body punches and uppercuts on the inside, tying him up, using the angles on him like he did against Godoy, sorry i cant envision Tyson winning, so its back to the original prediction. Louis by eight round KO

kendom
06-02-2011, 12:07 PM

Elaborate please how would this happen?

Yaman
06-02-2011, 12:18 PM
It's all just opinions. None of what is said on these forums will ever matter because we'll never find out the answers. There is no reason to get offended.

them_apples
06-02-2011, 02:49 PM
Louis would get out muscled and out sped, Tyson was a lethal finisher, there wouldn't be any flash KD late round rallies here. Louis doesn't have the defense to survive just as we saw in the schmeling fight, taking the same shot over and over again and not adapting.

kendom
06-02-2011, 03:55 PM
Louis would get out muscled and out sped, Tyson was a lethal finisher, there wouldn't be any flash KD late round rallies here. Louis doesn't have the defense to survive just as we saw in the schmeling fight, taking the same shot over and over again and not adapting.

Why are You judging from the first schmeling fight? the reason he was eating those right hands was because of the dropping of the left hand- a mistake he would go on to correct, a prime Louis did not make those mistakes, therefore Louis does have the defense to avoid Tyson and tie him up. And how exactly would he be outsped? surely not in handspeed, and if ur talking about footspeed Louis only struggled with fighters who moved away from him, Tyson would be coming straight at him, would be getting his jabs parried, his arms tied up, his jaws eating uppercuts, and he would be getting brutally counterpunched.

Ziggy Stardust
06-02-2011, 04:46 PM
It's all just opinions. None of what is said on these forums will ever matter because we'll never find out the answers. There is no reason to get offended.

Where have you been Yaman? Long time no see and the History Section's been poorer for it :bringit9:

Poet

nomadman
06-02-2011, 07:39 PM
Joe Louis has more power than Tyson.

Based on what?

Ziggy Stardust
06-02-2011, 07:47 PM
Based on what?

The same question could be asked of those who assert the opposite.

Poet

nomadman
06-02-2011, 08:31 PM
The same question could be asked of those who assert the opposite.

It's not the assertion itself, but his lack of any attempt at an argument that prompted my post.

Ziggy Stardust
06-02-2011, 08:34 PM
It's not the assertion itself, but his lack of any attempt at an argument that prompted my post.

Tyson fans make assertions like that all the time without any attempt at backing it up.....they just take it as a given, then are all shocked and butthurt when they get called on it.

Poet

nomadman
06-02-2011, 08:42 PM
Tyson fans make assertions like that all the time without any attempt at backing it up.....they just take it as a given, then are all shocked and butthurt when they get called on it.

I know. I've called them out on it before.

Ziggy Stardust
06-02-2011, 08:50 PM
I know. I've called them out on it before.

Therein lays one of the problems when dealing with nuthuggers. Take the *****s for example: They simply take it as a tenent of faith that Floyd is the fastest, most skilled fighter to ever step in the ring and no amount of evidence otherwise is going to shake the ediface they've constructed.....even SUGGESTING otherwise is heresy and is going to prompt a hysterical response. The Klitlickers are even worse :rolleyes9:

Poet

IronDanHamza
06-02-2011, 09:01 PM
Therein lays one of the problems when dealing with nuthuggers. Take the *****s for example: They simply take it as a tenent of faith that Floyd is the fastest, most skilled fighter to ever step in the ring and no amount of evidence otherwise is going to shake the ediface they've constructed.....even SUGGESTING otherwise is heresy and is going to prompt a hysterical response. The Klitlickers are even worse :rolleyes9:

Poet

The Pacqiuao fans are worse than both.

Ziggy Stardust
06-02-2011, 09:10 PM

I dunno, it can't get any worse than Klitschko2011 aka Steelhammer2011 aka Wlad Ownz's cut-and-paste propaganda spam :puke:

Poet

BigStereotype
06-02-2011, 09:16 PM
This does pose an interesting question: in terms of raw impact/physical power, who hit harder? I'd say Louis was the better puncher, but did Tyson have more power?

nomadman
06-02-2011, 09:17 PM

Arguing which nuthuggers are worse is a futile exercise. They're all cut from the same cloth: unthinking adherence to the fighter of their choice, inability to deal with criticism of said fighter in any form, repeated assertions of opinion as fact etc.

Though Klitschko2011 takes the prize as far as annoying pricks are concerned.

IronDanHamza
06-02-2011, 09:18 PM
I dunno, it can't get any worse than Klitschko2011 aka Steelhammer2011 aka Wlad Ownz's cut-and-paste propaganda spam :puke:

Poet

Oh, it can, it can.

I venture in NSB quite often (Increasingly struggling to understand why) but just to discuss the current Boxing game as depressing as it is with the limited selection of good posters in there and I'm telling you the new Pac nuthuggers are the worse I have EVER seen.

That includes; Tyson, Chavez, Oscar, Jones, Mayweather AND Klitschkos.

And when I bring up names like Chavez and Tyson you know the severity I'm talking about.

IronDanHamza
06-02-2011, 09:20 PM
Arguing which nuthuggers are worse is a futile exercise. They're all cut from the same cloth: unthinking adherence to the fighter of their choice, inability to deal with criticism of said fighter in any form, repeated assertions of opinion as fact etc.

Though Klitschko2011 takes the biscuit as far as annoying pricks are concerned.

They're all cut from the same cloth but by God this new breed is just remarkabley dense.

RubenSonny
06-02-2011, 09:23 PM

I've never recieved so much hate from any fan group as much as Klitschko fans, having said that a huge proportion of it is chalked up to one particular individual.

IronDanHamza
06-02-2011, 09:29 PM
I've never recieved so much hate from any fan group as much as Klitschko fans, having said that a huge proportion of it is chalked up to one particular individual.

True, I did once getting PM'ed alot of verbal abuse by one of the Klitschko fans for claiming Jack Dempsey is greater than Vitali Klitshcko.

Then again, I got abuse and called a ***** by a Pacqiauo fan for saying Floyd Mayweather was my favourite active fighter in a thread where I was aruging that Mayweather avoided Antonio Margarito back in 2006.

So I'm not sure which group is more stupid.

Ziggy Stardust
06-02-2011, 09:34 PM

I've gotten the usual red-k accompanied by the "dumb *******" comment from Klitschko2011.....the dumb fvck can't even figure out I'm white as Casper The Fvcking Ghost lol :hah9:

Poet

PRINCE O' PROSE
06-02-2011, 09:51 PM
I just want to use this thread to say (and I've probably said it before) that Louis' short right-cross is the most beautiful punch ever thrown.

nomadman
06-02-2011, 09:58 PM
This does pose an interesting question: in terms of raw impact/physical power, who hit harder? I'd say Louis was the better puncher, but did Tyson have more power?

Tyson fought with padded 10 ounce gloves and Louis with 6 and 8 ounce gloves stuffed with horsehair, so that has to be taken into account. He also knocked out men on average quite a bit larger than the men Louis beat, which doesn't necessarily mean they're tougher, but it's more logical to think that than vice versa. Plus he was the heavier man throughout his career, which again doesn't mean he punched harder, but considering that extra weight was extremely dense usuable muscle mass, and taking into account Tyson's accuracy, speed, explosiveness and technique, I'd again say it's logical to think that. In lieu of a time machine and a PSI measuring device though, who can say? :D

nomadman
06-02-2011, 10:00 PM
I just want to use this thread to say (and I've probably said it before) that Louis' short right-cross is the most beautiful punch ever thrown.

Yeah, it's a nice shot that. His overhand right and uppercuts were peaches too.

Never been that hot on his jab though.

RubenSonny
06-02-2011, 10:11 PM
True, I did once getting PM'ed alot of verbal abuse by one of the Klitschko fans for claiming Jack Dempsey is greater than Vitali Klitshcko.

Then again, I got abuse and called a ***** by a Pacqiauo fan for saying Floyd Mayweather was my favourite active fighter in a thread where I was aruging that Mayweather avoided Antonio Margarito back in 2006.

So I'm not sure which group is more stupid.

The *******s use to take out red k 'hits' on posters who criticised Pac, it was pretty sad.

Then you've got Pastrano who just nuthugs any and all white fighters in general :chuckle9:

Poet

He tried to claim that Mayweather Gatti would be a competitive fight if Gatti was prime...:lol1:

I just red K him everytime it resets, I tried giving you green for that Andre Ward comment :lol1: but it said I...blah blah you know the rest.

RubenSonny
06-02-2011, 10:14 PM
Yeah, it's a nice shot that. His overhand right and uppercuts were peaches too.

Never been that hot on his jab though.

One of the finest jabs in heavyweight history.

Ziggy Stardust
06-02-2011, 10:17 PM
I just red K him everytime it resets, I tried giving you green for that Andre Ward comment :lol1: but it said I...blah blah you know the rest.

I knew the Ward comment would frost his peaches lol :chuckle9:

Poet

Southpaw Stinger
06-02-2011, 10:23 PM
Two of the best punchers in heavyweight history.

A KO either way is very possible, but to say that one would definitely KO the other is outlandish but what else would one expect from fantasy match ups?

Ziggy Stardust
06-02-2011, 10:26 PM
Two of the best punchers in heavyweight history.

A KO either way is very possible, but to say that one would definitely KO the other is outlandish but what else would one expect from fantasy match ups?

Regarding your avatar.....Did you know that Nelson was chronically seasick?

Poet

nomadman
06-02-2011, 10:28 PM
One of the finest jabs in heavyweight history.

Based on what?

Ziggy Stardust
06-02-2011, 10:31 PM
Based on what?

Boxing historians regarded Louis' jab as the best in Heavywight history until Sonny Liston came along.

Poet

Southpaw Stinger
06-02-2011, 10:34 PM
Regarding your avatar.....Did you know that Nelson was chronically seasick?

Poet

I did indeed. I've been reading up on him lately and he was obviously bipolar.
Some of the letters he wrote show quite an obsession with his own death, that he always believed was just around the corner. Accepting that as an inevitable, made him brave and a great risk taker.

Ziggy Stardust
06-03-2011, 12:15 AM
I did indeed. I've been reading up on him lately and he was obviously bipolar.
Some of the letters he wrote show quite an obsession with his own death, that he always believed was just around the corner. Accepting that as an inevitable, made him brave and a great risk taker.

It also lead him to do some seriously stupid sh1t too.....Like walking around in the middle of a battle with a very conspicuous chest full of medals. That makes a very fine target that even a French sniper could hit.

Poet

Marchegiano
06-03-2011, 08:29 AM
It also lead him to do some seriously stupid sh1t too.....Like walking around in the middle of a battle with a very conspicuous chest full of medals. That makes a very fine target that even a French sniper could hit.

Poet

LMAO that's funny as ****!

To the OP's point:
Generally speaking in a h2h I always choose Louis...his reign should tell you all you need to know, but it is with great sincerity I say Tyson *could* KO *anyone* in his prime. I'm curious how Tyson KO'ing Louis seems so far displaced from the realm of possibilities to you? Louis definitely has a chance to KO Tyson, or beat him any other way....but I could also see Tyson catching Louis early and ending it.

Ziggy Stardust
06-03-2011, 09:19 AM
LMAO that's funny as ****!

Of course 'Ol Horatio wasn't laughing when a French marine put a musketball through his lungs :chuckle9:

To the OP's point:
Generally speaking in a h2h I always choose Louis...his reign should tell you all you need to know, but it is with great sincerity I say Tyson *could* KO *anyone* in his prime. I'm curious how Tyson KO'ing Louis seems so far displaced from the realm of possibilities to you? Louis definitely has a chance to KO Tyson, or beat him any other way....but I could also see Tyson catching Louis early and ending it.

It's a question of likelihood. Frank Bruno could have KOed Tyson in their first fight.....but what's the real likelihood of that actually happening? For the most part, though, people are just responding to the ignorant nitwits that are saying sh1t like Tyson KO1 and Louis has no shot. Some are the usual deluded "Tyson is the GOAT" crowd, while another thinks every generation of fighter is superior to the previous one. In the first instance it's just plain and simple nuthuggery, in the second the dude is an idiot that lacks the brain power that God gave single cell organisms. And for the record Them Apples is excluded from the previous descriptions: While I do believe he's a serious Tyson fan he's also and intelligent one who will admit Tyson had flaws and you can have a damn good boxing discussion with. I just didn't want anyone thinking that was directed at him :hah9:

Poet

Southpaw Stinger
06-03-2011, 04:50 PM

Poet

He wouldn't have had it any other way. When you get your backbone shot through, you want to be dressed for the occasion.

Ziggy Stardust
06-03-2011, 04:56 PM
He wouldn't have had it any other way. When you get your backbone shot through, you want to be dressed for the occasion.

I could have done without the "kiss me Hardy" sh1t :gay:

Poet

lightsout_finit
06-03-2011, 05:00 PM
I remember watchin an interview where Tyson mentions how he still dont know how he got beat by Evander.......

Louis is the best heavyweight at using short well timed power shots there ever was.
Tyson would get kod.

Southpaw Stinger
06-03-2011, 05:02 PM
I could have done without the "kiss me Hardy" sh1t :gay:

Poet

The man was dying. I hardly think he was up for a full bit of bum fun. If all he could manage at the time was a kiss, it at least showed that he still had the ol' passion burning.

Ziggy Stardust
06-03-2011, 05:11 PM
The man was dying. I hardly think he was up for a full bit of bum fun. If all he could manage at the time was a kiss, it at least showed that he still had the ol' passion burning.

Yeah, but is does nothing to help the Royal Navy's reputation for being all about "rum, buggery, and the lash" :timeout9:

Poet

Southpaw Stinger
06-03-2011, 05:15 PM
Yeah, but is does nothing to help the Royal Navy's reputation for being all about "rum, buggery, and the lash" :timeout9:

Poet

All I know is, if I were on that boat, Hardy would have had a mouthful of **** from the moment we set sail from Portsmouth.

Ziggy Stardust
06-03-2011, 05:17 PM
All I know is, if I were on that boat, Hardy would have had a mouthful of **** from the moment we set sail from Portsmouth.

:rofl9: :rofl9: :rofl9: :rofl9:

Yaman
06-10-2011, 08:08 AM
Where have you been Yaman? Long time no see and the History Section's been poorer for it :bringit9:

Poet

Thanks for the kind words Poet. Busy with life I guess, and the internets don't appeal to me as much anymore. Ever since the Pacquiao-Mayweather fiasco this place has somewhat left a bad taste in my mouth. I mean it's all about '*******s' and '*****s' now. Kind of pathetic.

Anyway nice talking to ya bro.

Ziggy Stardust
06-10-2011, 01:13 PM
Thanks for the kind words Poet. Busy with life I guess, and the internets don't appeal to me as much anymore. Ever since the Pacquiao-Mayweather fiasco this place has somewhat left a bad taste in my mouth. I mean it's all about '*******s' and '*****s' now. Kind of pathetic.

Anyway nice talking to ya bro.

Yeah, life comes before Boxing Scene, got to be! Although I got some ribbing from the regs here about making posts the morning of my wedding a couple of months ago :chuckle9:

Most of us stay away from the retardation in NSB. We might pop in to get a giggle over some of the posts but we do our serious posting in other sections. I've been on here since 2005 and I can't recall a time when NSB WASN'T about nuthuggers spouting propoganda for their homoerotic idols. It is what it is I guess.

In anycase don't be a stranger! You used to make some of the best posts in the History Section and quality posters are worth their weight in gold tbh :boxing:

Poet