View Full Version : Boxing nutrition

them_apples
05-31-2011, 07:30 PM
I'm about 127 lbs, 130 with a belly full of food by the end of the night.

How many calories should I eat if I'm running and boxing consistently. I'm around 5'6 in height.

Right now i'm usually just having 3 eggs in the morning with a glass of milk.

A footlong Sub at lunch, and supper just something like 2 grill cheese sandwhiches. In between I have drinks or maybe a cookie or something. no Idea how many calories that is.

i'm pretty hyper active too, the only time I rest is when i sleep and I usually only need like 6 hours max. whenever I go to a club (I don't even drink) I jump around like I have rabies or some **** I have so much energy so I suspect I'm burning a **** load of calories.

Jack3d
05-31-2011, 08:41 PM
Pretty vague question. Are you trying to lose? maintain? gain?

Are you just trying to clean up your diet?

Need to give some more information than that. Also might be a good idea to find a gym that does metabolic testing so you know exactly how many calories you burn and how much your body requires to maintain, gain and lose weight.

salem-no1
05-31-2011, 09:56 PM
alot of dairy in there, thats no good. Also no fruit or vegtables.

Be_kind_rewind
06-01-2011, 03:04 AM
I think he wants to know if he has a boxer friendly nutrition.

Spartacus Sully
06-01-2011, 04:19 AM
I'm about 127 lbs, 130 with a belly full of food by the end of the night.

How many calories should I eat if I'm running and boxing consistently. I'm around 5'6 in height.

Right now i'm usually just having 3 eggs in the morning with a glass of milk.

A footlong Sub at lunch, and supper just something like 2 grill cheese sandwhiches. In between I have drinks or maybe a cookie or something. no Idea how many calories that is.

i'm pretty hyper active too, the only time I rest is when i sleep and I usually only need like 6 hours max. whenever I go to a club (I don't even drink) I jump around like I have rabies or some **** I have so much energy so I suspect I'm burning a **** load of calories.

2k - 2250 Calories should be good.

them_apples
06-01-2011, 12:43 PM
2k - 2250 Calories should be good.

thanks. green k

them_apples
06-01-2011, 12:46 PM
Pretty vague question. Are you trying to lose? maintain? gain?

Are you just trying to clean up your diet?

Need to give some more information than that. Also might be a good idea to find a gym that does metabolic testing so you know exactly how many calories you burn and how much your body requires to maintain, gain and lose weight.

maintain. Lose maybe that last bit of fat. I'm at maybe low 6's right now high 5's...Ive got a tiny bit of fat on my belly when I sit down. If I can walk around at 125 at least for a day then i won't need to dehydrate to make weight. I don't want to have to skip before I get on the scale. Probably saps the energy.

Spartacus Sully
06-01-2011, 02:14 PM
maintain. Lose maybe that last bit of fat. I'm at maybe low 6's right now high 5's...Ive got a tiny bit of fat on my belly when I sit down. If I can walk around at 125 at least for a day then i won't need to dehydrate to make weight. I don't want to have to skip before I get on the scale. Probably saps the energy.

my unprofessional opinion is something like 1 lb of non fat needs about 19 calories a day to function properly. the 2k -2250 was guessing you were at about 8% if your at 6%what id do is 19(127-(127* .06)) = 2280 which is about where you want to be to keep the muscle you have and burn fat. try alittle lower if your not seeing results. if you dont have enough energy try a higher % of the 2280 ish calories of healthy carbs if your not recovering fast enough try a higher % of the 2280 ish calories of low fat protein. if your feeling sluggish all around go up to around 2500 calories. personally i dont really know about any one really being 6% BF and still having some fat to get rid of so i think the 2280 will be fine.

you might want to cut out the grilled cheese and replace with some type of protein like fish chicken beef pork shell fish and a complex carb like whole wheat stuff like rice bread or pasta and some vegetables

thanks for the K

Pony Boy
06-01-2011, 02:35 PM
If you're trying to loose weight, I'd substitute the milk, cheese and white breads, and cookie with vegetables, fruits and berries. Also, instead of having three whole eggs for breakfast, make it two wholes and one white or vise versa.

them_apples
06-01-2011, 03:16 PM
I have no fat except for the lower stomach preventing me from having an 8 pack. If I get rid of that I should be walking around at 126 at least.

holmeslaw
06-01-2011, 03:28 PM
more fruit, veg, less sugar and dairy and cut out carbs past 6-8pm and that small bit of excess fat should go within 4-6 weeks

Jack3d
06-01-2011, 08:31 PM
I have no fat except for the lower stomach preventing me from having an 8 pack. If I get rid of that I should be walking around at 126 at least.

The last bit of lower stomach fat is always the hardest to lose. If I were you I'd try to cut out dairy as much as possible as well as breads and sugars.

Eat more often in smaller portions, eat leaner sources of protein and go green. Eat more green vegetables in favor of starches. Drink a lot of water and I mean a lot of water.

Eat 6 means a day in smaller portions as well. Usually people that eat 3 times a day are so hungry by the time the next meal rolls around that they end up binging and eating more than they need to.

Your body only needs a certain (small) amount of food per meal to maintain. Anything else ends up being stored. So make sure everything you eat is quality food that your body need and not junk.

Grossin
06-02-2011, 12:12 AM
Boxers require a daily carbohydrate diet to maintain stamina, replenish lost glycogen stores, and fuel the ATP/CP system (i.e. the “power systems”) during practice, competition and weight training. He should try to eat small quantity of protein in his diet.