View Full Version : Help me gain my weight

Devroy Jones
05-31-2011, 12:48 PM
Hey, I'm Devroy Jones from India. And I'm sixteen years old. I'm a pretty good boxer IMO. My only problem is I'm blatantly underweight. I'm 5'9 and I weigh just 100 lbs (46 kgs).
In order to improve my punch power and get into a suitable weight class (I aint even flyweight yet) please do help me gain my weight. I promise I will strictly adhere to your suggestions. Now, help me out on this one.
I train for two hours everyday but am still slim with not much 'biceps' or triceps or much of a figure really. My boxing coach has told me to gain 4 kgs within a month and then continue boxing. otherwise it becomes pointless. I agree. Now its upto u guys to help me gain this weight. Thanks in advance.

Jack3d
05-31-2011, 12:58 PM
10lbs in a month is a little steep unless you want it to be sloppy weight.

Just increase your protein and calorie intake. Eat about 200g of protein per day from good sources like Chicken, Fish, Beef, Eggs. And I'd say increase your calories to about 3000-4000 per day.

Simply put if you want to gain weight, Workout hard and eat right.

them_apples
05-31-2011, 05:06 PM
shame that is very slim. A lot of middle eastern people don't seem to have a lot of muscle mass. Even Khan as hard as he trains is a slim guy when you compare him to Pacquiao and Mosley who look very strong. I would say just eat a lot and lift weights, then once you got some muscle, convert it too boxing muscle.

Pony Boy
05-31-2011, 06:48 PM
If your training two hours a day, you need to do a post workout recovery and get plenty of sleep (8 to 10 hours). This is when your body repairs the muscle and makes them bigger not when your actually working out. Try taking a whey or egg protein shake within 20 minutes after you train with your meal.

Devroy Jones
06-01-2011, 01:55 AM
How much do you think I will grow?
As i said I'm 5'9 and 100 lbs at sixteen years of age. At about, say 20 years, what will be my weight and height?

Keeping that in mind, suggest a weight division for me.

Devroy Jones
06-01-2011, 02:03 AM
shame that is very slim. A lot of middle eastern people don't seem to have a lot of muscle mass. Even Khan as hard as he trains is a slim guy when you compare him to Pacquiao and Mosley who look very strong. I would say just eat a lot and lift weights, then once you got some muscle, convert it too boxing muscle.

You are probably right. A lot of middle-eastern people are very slim. Its probably just our genes. However we do have our exceptionshttp://www.google.co.in/imgres?imgurl=http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-o4RuJE0fnUs/TYDnb2T-CMI/AAAAAAAAAic/prGo4kXPEmI/s1600/Rey_Mysterio_vs_The_Great_Khali.jpg&imgrefurl=http://worldraseling.blogspot.com/2011/04/john-cena-vs-great-khali.html&usg=__pycchtqCr_3iRiXtzcXeuDPZX8w=&h=368&w=450&sz=36&hl=en&start=8&zoom=1&itbs=1&tbnid=f9-Jrbi9eZ42UM:&tbnh=104&tbnw=127&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dthe%2Bgreat%2Bkhali%26hl%3Den%26safe% 3Doff%26biw%3D1024%26bih%3D601%26gbv%3D2%26tbm%3Di sch&ei=9tXlTeO4MciqrAfBmPj6Bw&biw=1024&bih=601http://

F l i c k e r
06-01-2011, 04:10 AM
Buy a mass gainer. It will make you build up some mass. Read the back label to see the serving size. Follow the directions and you should see some good results.

You'll definitely put on some weight like that. Now depending on how you train and how active/inactive you are, will decide what kind of muscle you put on.

bodybuilding dot com -should come in handy for you. Good research is key.

Note: Using bodybuilder knowledge doesn't mean you'll get big like them. It depends on how you train, that will determine your size.

Grossin
06-02-2011, 12:17 AM
I have also some tips for weight gain quickly.
1.Eat More to Gain Weight Fast
2.Eat Right to Gain Weight Fast
3.Lift Weights to Gain Weight Fast
4.Choose Supplements Wisely to Gain Weight Fast

These are some simple tips for weight gain.I hope you like it.

Devroy Jones
06-02-2011, 01:52 AM
I am following what all of u guys are saying. And I'm eatin till I'm full and workin out till I collapse. Also I'm having a bottle of Pepsi everyday after my meal. I'm tryin everythin now. Real thanks for all ur suggestions. And lets hope I will be 125 lbs before I'm 18.

F l i c k e r
06-02-2011, 02:01 AM
I am following what all of u guys are saying. And I'm eatin till I'm full and workin out till I collapse. Also I'm having a bottle of Pepsi everyday after my meal. I'm tryin everythin now. Real thanks for all ur suggestions. And lets hope I will be 125 lbs before I'm 18.

Here bro. Follow this link.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/gainers.htm

Then get to lifting weights. Weight lifting builds muscle faster. Don't know why people want to say "i don't lift weights" so bad. Nothing wrong with it, just depends on what you do with it.

ps: watch the video. enhance knowledge. then choose your weapon!

Check_hooks
06-02-2011, 02:12 AM
I was skinny in high school too man. I didn't put on weight until college and now I'm 25 and weigh 180. And I never took any mass gainer or creatine and I've never even had a protein shake. Your metabolism slows down when you get older.

But since your in a hurry this is what I would do. Get one of those whey protiens and follow those instructions. If your on a budget than eat alot of eggs and bread. And drink soda.

Try to go 5 pounds above your target weight and then cut down.

Devroy Jones
06-02-2011, 02:49 AM
Thanks @check hook. Thanks a lot. One question though, does it help if I eat a lot of potato chips and other sorts of junk fatty foods? I mean, I need to gain some weight, dont I?