View Full Version : Advice needed

Peopleperson
05-31-2011, 07:16 AM
Hi there, i am new t this forum and this is my first post.

I have an upperbody sculpture that i use for boxing. i play competitive tennis x2 weekly for 1 hr each game. i also cycle a good hard 2 hrs every other weekend and run 10k when not cycling. i was just wondering if the boxing tones muscle or build muscl?. I box for the fun of it in the comforts of my compound. I seem to oscilate between 75.5 and 74.5 kilos. Would it be the boxing doing this? i am ot built like a brick but not terribly toed either!

In my part of the world there is fresh food everywhere so it is increasingly difficult to count calories but i eat healthy anyways.

please advise

regards

MePunchHard
05-31-2011, 10:33 AM
Your weight going up and down by 1 kilo isn't a big deal. Nobody is going to weight the exact same all the time.

Peopleperson
05-31-2011, 03:25 PM
fair enough, thanks for the reply. The weight drop was is not a big deal, i only wanted to understand why and if boxing contributed to that.
Thanks again for the reply

MePunchHard
05-31-2011, 06:21 PM
You are going to be burning a lot of calories from boxing, and that's going to help you lose weight, not gain it. Although you may see some change in your body composition, especially your arms.

Pony Boy
05-31-2011, 07:31 PM
Boxing can tone and build muscle but it has a lot do with your diet. If you looking to gain muscle you can do post workout recovery and increase protein intake.

killsomething
06-02-2011, 10:36 PM
there is no such thing as toning, especially toning muscles.

boxing will not make you larger unless you're relatively small already. I will cause you to lose weight usually, which makes your muscles more visible.