View Full Version : Grahem Housten ''David Haye KO's Cooper, Bruno, & ****ell''

Perfect Plex
05-29-2011, 11:23 PM
& deicison Tommy Farr & Joe Bugnar''

In this months ''Boxing Monthly''

Agree?

Clegg
05-29-2011, 11:49 PM
I think Bruno and Bugner would beat Haye.

Barn
05-30-2011, 02:46 AM
Farr stayed in there with Joe Louis for 15 rounds.

Shambleton
05-30-2011, 03:07 AM
I think Bruno and Bugner would beat Haye.

I concur, Bruno and Bugner would KO Haye.

JAB5239
05-30-2011, 03:22 AM
Farr stayed in there with Joe Louis for 15 rounds.

Agreed. I don't see anything Hate could do that Louis couldn't to give him a decision.

Clegg
05-30-2011, 03:22 AM
By the way, is it really that hard to spell 'Graham Houston'?

nomadman
05-30-2011, 05:40 AM
Bruno on paper should beat Haye but Bruno was always pretty flaky and I could see Haye's pre-fight mind games getting to him. But if Bruno caught Haye the way he caught Lennox all the mind games in the world wouldn't stop Haye from getting put on his back.

The Surgeon
05-30-2011, 01:07 PM
Yeah i agree. Farr im not too schooled up on tho, but from seeing him against Louis he is the toughest test

Perfect Plex
05-30-2011, 01:08 PM
By the way, is it really that hard to spell 'Graham Houston'?

Sorry but you really sound like a stuck up ass hole with this post.:wtf1:

The Surgeon
05-30-2011, 01:12 PM
Sorry but you really sound like a stuck up ass hole with this post.:wtf1: Yeah but his usertitle says Cotto KO1 God so we forgive him! :boxing:

Perfect Plex
05-30-2011, 01:15 PM
Yeah but his usertitle says Cotto KO1 God so we forgive him! :boxing:

:lol1: Just think some time's if there's a spelling mistake or two, these ass hole's think there great correcting you. Big deal!

Ziggy Stardust
05-30-2011, 01:15 PM
Sorry but you really sound like a stuck up ass hole with this post.:wtf1:

Clegg is cool.....he's made me LOL on a bunch of occasions.

Poet

The Surgeon
05-30-2011, 01:18 PM
:lol1: Just think some time's if there's a spelling mistake or two, these ass hole's think there great correcting you. Big deal!
I know man i hate the spelling Police :cop: Probably coz i cant spell for ***** but Cleggs cool

I think Haye Knocks Bruno out in 7, Cooper in 5 :boxing:

Ziggy Stardust
05-30-2011, 01:19 PM
Bruno on paper should beat Haye but Bruno was always pretty flaky and I could see Haye's pre-fight mind games getting to him. But if Bruno caught Haye the way he caught Lennox all the mind games in the world wouldn't stop Haye from getting put on his back.

I think I'd favor Bruno as things stand right now. Haye's chin is something of an unknown quality and if Bruno lands cleanly.....

Now if Haye beats Wlad it's another story: At that point I'd probably favor him over Bruno.

Poet

Ziggy Stardust
05-30-2011, 01:24 PM
Yeah i agree. Farr im not too schooled up on tho, but from seeing him against Louis he is the toughest test

Farr gets forgotten about by most I'm afraid. Going the distance against Louis is a bigger accomplishment than anything Haye's done so far. Or anything Bruno or Bugner accomplished either. Cooper, I'm not so sure.....he was a fine fighter but I just can't get out of my head the number of times I've seen him spurting blood: Not a good trait to have in the post-1960 boxing world.

Poet

The Surgeon
05-30-2011, 03:47 PM
Farr gets forgotten about by most I'm afraid. Going the distance against Louis is a bigger accomplishment than anything Haye's done so far. Or anything Bruno or Bugner accomplished either. Cooper, I'm not so sure.....he was a fine fighter but I just can't get out of my head the number of times I've seen him spurting blood: Not a good trait to have in the post-1960 boxing world.

Poet

The bleed factor was bad enough to cost him back in the day but now!? Did u see Khan's last fight???

Even cuts aside i like Haye in that one. I dont rate Haye high on an all time scale but theres certain guys i think he could look real good against H2H, Cooper being one of them. Of Course Henry could take him out with a left hook at any moment, Bruno could flatten him too for that matter as his chin is pump but i like his speed power and athletisisim to pull off the stoppages there.

Im already rethinking the Farr fight.... Gonna have to catch some more of this guy first tho. Any recommedations?

Ziggy Stardust
05-30-2011, 03:52 PM
The bleed factor was bad enough to cost him back in the day but now!? Did u see Khan's last fight???

Even cuts aside i like Haye in that one. I dont rate Haye high on an all time scale but theres certain guys i think he could look real good against H2H, Cooper being one of them. Of Course Henry could take him out with a left hook at any moment, Bruno could flatten him too for that matter as his chin is pump but i like his speed power and athletisisim to pull off the stoppages there.

Im already rethinking the Farr fight.... Gonna have to catch some more of this guy first tho. Any recommedations?

I have the Louis and Baer fights, beyond that I'm not sure what's available. Willing to bet if you did a search on You Tube someone like GreatA will have footage on his channel if there's anything available.

Poet

The Surgeon
05-30-2011, 03:56 PM
I have the Louis and Baer fights, beyond that I'm not sure what's available. Willing to bet if you did a search on You Tube someone like GreatA will have footage on his channel if there's anything available.

Poet Cool man i'll check it out, where the hell is that guy anyway? Havent seen him around much, quality posters like him are in short supply these days

Ziggy Stardust
05-30-2011, 04:03 PM
Cool man i'll check it out, where the hell is that guy anyway? Havent seen him around much, quality posters like him are in short supply these days

No sh1t. I consider him the best poster on this site.....I think he spends most of his time on another boxing site these days though. I'd be interested to know which one.

Poet

Sugarj
05-30-2011, 04:35 PM
I seem to remember that in the Boxing Mothly article, Joe Bugner's handspeed was said to be slower than Haye's.

I disagree here, Bugner had exceptionally fast hands in his prime. There is very little in it between him and Haye.

I too agree that a Bruno match would not be wise for Haye, until Bruno's final fight in the return with Tyson.....I can't think of an opponent who didn't taste Bruno's power. Lewis, Tyson, Bonecrusher Smith and Witherspoon all were hurt by Bruno even in his losing efforts. I'd fear that Haye's chin would be tested very much by Bruno.

Much as I love Tommy Farr, I don't feel that Joe Louis was really on form that night, whereas Farr boxed out of his skin. Lasting the full 15 rounds was a terrific achievement but I think that an on form Louis could have beaten Farr much more decisively in a return.

That said, Farr had a damn good chin......perhaps Haye wouldn't be able to get him out of there.