05-29-2011, 08:42 AM
in a space of a month

how much ideal weight is there to lose

MePunchHard
05-29-2011, 11:34 AM
1-2lbs per week.

putaloco
05-29-2011, 01:06 PM
is it safe to drop more weight than that burning more calories working out? like instead of having low calories in your diet you can burn more than you take in? ive lost up to 7 pounds in a week but i dont starve my work outs are just really intense

I usually take in about 2.200 calories daily and pretty much none are empty

MePunchHard
05-29-2011, 09:43 PM
As long as you are burning off more than you are taking in, you will lose weight. You'll lose the same amount of weight eating 5000 and burning 5500 than you would eating 1800 and burning 2300.

It takes approx 3500 calorie deficit to burn 1lb of fat.

DR.ORGYY
05-29-2011, 09:49 PM
i lost 9lbs in less than two days once but i doubt that's the correct way to lose weight

Pony Boy
05-30-2011, 01:47 AM
This all depends on how much extra body fat you have and how you feels after loosing a certain amount of weight. The ideal amount is between 2-3 pounds per week assuming that you can afford to loose body fat. Calorie wise, you should already have an idea of how much you eat on a daily basis and the type of diet you follow. In simple words, you should already know what types of food you eat on a daily basis and the size of serving. By estimating your daily calorie intake. This will tell you more or less how much food/calorie intake you need to maintain your current weight. You can also determine what foods and how much you can cutout of your daily diet in order to reach your desired weight. This along with a good exercise program and effort you can safely loose weight. I would recommend having your body fat, muscle mass and water weight measured before and keeping a weekly log of your progress. :boxing:

Clegg
05-30-2011, 02:19 AM
How tall are you? How much do you weigh? Are you looking to lose fat or just drain water weight before a weigh in that is 24 hours before a fight?

DUCK FACE
05-30-2011, 04:16 AM
Fat people can easily drop more then 1-2 lb safely in a few weeks..

But most normal people who have a bit of fat.. will need to take time and do it properly rather then dropping fast and then putting it straight back when you put calorie intake back up to intake

Josh_Shing
05-30-2011, 04:42 AM
Agree, losing weight little by little is the healthiest, and you keep it longer as compared to those diets where you lose some but then gain a lot more.

SUPREME.
05-31-2011, 12:27 AM
I'm 5'10 and I walk around at about 151, and I want to fight at 141 but no matter how hard I sweat I can't get any lower than 146. Am I doing something wrong? I was told that I eat too few calories so my body thinks i'm starving, but the person that told me this had to leave so I couldn't get too much more on it.

Clegg
05-31-2011, 12:58 AM
I'm 5'10 and I walk around at about 151, and I want to fight at 141 but no matter how hard I sweat I can't get any lower than 146. Am I doing something wrong? I was told that I eat too few calories so my body thinks i'm starving, but the person that told me this had to leave so I couldn't get too much more on it.

Yeah, just trying to eat as little as possible will obviously mean losing weight, but it isn't the healthiest way to do things and you're better off eating good foods but still staying in a calorie deficit.

I don't know anything about you but my guess would be that you could probably drain a few extra lbs of water through cutting carbs the week of the weigh-in. It's not advisable though if you fight the same day you weigh in.

I'm 5'11 and I think I'd have to make myself physically ill to reach 141. After losing fat, muscle and some water weight I was still above 160. It's possible that your frame is just too big for the weight you want to reach, though of course I have no idea what you look like so am just guessing.

Pony Boy
05-31-2011, 12:58 AM
It's true starving yourself with but your weight lose in a halt. Our bodies are very smart, when you starve yourself, your body will hang on to as much nutrients as possible before your next meal. Your body has to have food in order for it to burn fat. This is way its important to eat the right stuff. Avoid eating saturated fats, sugars, white breads etc. all these foods will cause you to gain weight but eating the right stuff feeds your muscles, helps your recovery, refills your glycogen leves etc. Try eating more vegetables, lean mealt/*****en and fruits which are not high in sugar like watermelon. Do the research it's much easier with internet. When you eat the right stuff in smaller portions through out the day, your body will burn calories a lot faster because it know that you will feed it soon this is why most professional weight until the last week to make wait and that's when they make the sacrifice and sometimes starve for a day or so. This is why you should work on loosing weight with enough time before you fight so when you come in to fight, you will feel and be stronger, and have better stamina, as well as concentration.

Reggie Miller
05-31-2011, 08:21 PM
If you're overweight (50lbs+ over your ideal weight) and you eat right and exercise right (Burn more calories than you eat), you can lose about 4-7lbs a week, but after a while when you get fitter and stronger, it should get to about a steady 2-3lbs per week.

If you're a healthy guy, losing about 1-3lbs is safe.

Remember, if you're overweight and you lose weight too quickly, you'll end up with loose skin which will take a long time to snap back and in some cases it doesn't, so no matter what people say on TV shows, its never healthy/safe to lose alot of weight quickly every week.

redizdead
06-01-2011, 10:45 AM
maybe i can give info, even if Im half as experienced as you guys.... I'm 5'9".
7 years ago, I used to weight 78 kilos, so around 170 pounds. 4 years ago I was at 114 kilos, so 250 pounds. a year ago I was at 187 pounds, now I'm at 92 kilos, 202 pounds.
My friends call me Yoyo.
When I lost all that weight, I wasnt boxing. It would have been impossible. I lost energy, muscle, fat of course, but I wasnt feeling healthy. Losing weight, as the others said, must be done progressively if you want to be able to exercise, without hurting yourself. My skin is ok though, maybe because I didn't stay that long at a heavy weight. But you shouldnt worry about your skin I think, it's not like you're a fat guy who wants to drop 100 pounds :)
When I started my diet I lost 8 kilos in one week, that's like 17 pounds. Because I was fat, it was easy for my body to drop weight. I ate only proteins for 7 days. impossible to practice any sport if you do this. it works, but it takes a toll... Well, I remember I played sports, only it was on my Xbox.
at the end, during 2 months, I stopped eating carbs, sugar in general. I started sport again, and usually had a banana half an hour before sport. I never counted calories.
It worked well, but I wasn't exercising that much. I ran 3 times a week.I wasnt boxing at the time.
maybe if your an athlete, and I'm starting to be one because I started boxing, you need to count calories. That's one of the reasons why I came on this forum!
Anyway , this was just my story, not sure it'll help, I hope so :)