View Full Version : My Jack Dempsey Highlight.

Barn
05-29-2011, 06:49 AM
My first attempt at a highlight video. Constructive criticism is appreciated.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/arekKXBuA-0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Surgeon
05-29-2011, 07:05 AM

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/arekKXBuA-0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Quality stuff bud, good effort

JAB5239
05-29-2011, 07:26 AM

Good stuff from a great poster! Thanks brother!

Devroy Jones
05-29-2011, 11:58 AM
No doubt Dempsey was a top, top fighter. You should be applauded for finding such footage of him. I would donate points to you if I had any.

young_robbed
05-29-2011, 12:21 PM
great job man. what are you working with, windows movie maker?

Joeyzagz
05-29-2011, 12:27 PM
I rank Dempsey #6 all time purely on performance and the eyeball test(A+) His footage really makes up for an otherwise lackluster career.

Devroy Jones
05-29-2011, 12:34 PM
I rank Dempsey #6 all time purely on performance and the eyeball test(A+) His footage really makes up for an otherwise lackluster career.

I dont mean to challenge you, but I want to clarify my doubts about your opinion of Dempsey having a lacklustre career...... Lacklustre career? What makes u say that?

Barn
05-29-2011, 12:52 PM
I dont mean to challenge you, but I want to clarify my doubts about your opinion of Dempsey having a lacklustre career...... Lacklustre career? What makes u say that?
His title reign isn't impressive at all and the massive break inbetween doesn't help matters, neither does his ducking of both Greb and Wills.

He's still one of my faves though.

Barn
05-29-2011, 12:52 PM
great job man. what are you working with, windows movie maker?
Yeah, limited budget :lol1:

Barn
05-30-2011, 10:48 AM
Yeah, limited budget :lol1:
Thanks for all the positive replies. I appreciate them!

Also makes you think how hard people like Reznick work for the boxing community. That took quite a while and is no where near the caliber of young_robbed, reznick,UB2 etc videos and they do it on a regular basis.

The Surgeon
05-30-2011, 01:10 PM
Got any more vids planned BarnBurner?

BigStereotype
05-30-2011, 02:01 PM
Good stuff! Excellent Dempsey footage.

Barn
05-30-2011, 03:49 PM
Got any more vids planned BarnBurner?
Fancy making a Jersey Joe Walcott Highlight working on obtaining footage at the moment and there is none on youtube, although it's early doors and it may never materialize.

Also my Duran vs Buchanan HL is in the works but, I'm not enjoying making it in the slightest.

Devroy Jones
05-31-2011, 12:56 PM
Jack Dempsey didn't have a lacklustre career man, come on. His was star-studded to say the least. think of all the great fights he had. Willard, Carpentier, Tunney 1, Tunney 2.......will you still disagree?
Yes, I agree he ducked black fighters. But think about it this way. Ducking black fighters was common practice then. Everyone did, save Tommy Burns. Its always been said to blow with the wind and not against it.

Barn
05-31-2011, 04:41 PM
Jack Dempsey didn't have a lacklustre career man, come on. His was star-studded to say the least. think of all the great fights he had. Willard, Carpentier, Tunney 1, Tunney 2.......will you still disagree?
Yes, I agree he ducked black fighters. But think about it this way. Ducking black fighters was common practice then. Everyone did, save Tommy Burns. Its always been said to blow with the wind and not against it.
He lost half of the fights you mentioned, Carpentier was A LHW who also ducked Greb and Williard is considered one of the worst Undisputed champs in history.

Please stop making me do this, I love Jack Dempsey and hate bringing down his career like this.

Barn
05-31-2011, 04:41 PM
Oh and the man Dempsey ducked had no trouble with Black fighters.

Devroy Jones
06-01-2011, 01:32 AM
Ok, I'll drop the topic. but i still aint satisfied ya know. Anyways, not to take anythin away from you...That was one heck of a video. Please do somethin like that on Ali. I would do it meself but that would take too much patience, which I kinda lack. :boxing: