View Full Version : [HOLY S**T!] that **** was boring.

RichardPerez
05-28-2011, 11:27 PM
wow. flel asleep like 5 times.

MANIAC310
05-28-2011, 11:30 PM
I never watch MMA or UFC ....

i'm not really a fan but are all fight that boring?

Las Vegas,
05-28-2011, 11:33 PM
The Stann fight and the Struve fight were gonna be good, I knew that coming in. The rest of the card sucked. As I expected to be.

I never watch MMA or UFC ....

i'm not really a fan but are all fight that boring?

Lately yeah. Ever since Brock Lesnar vs. Cain Velasquez back in October the main events have been sucking balls one after the other.

chiguy91
05-28-2011, 11:33 PM
yeah it was, two crappy main events back to back...131 is Dos Santos vs Carwin, that should be a good one.

kaps
05-28-2011, 11:35 PM
Yeah it was pretty boring. Rampage could've finished IMO. I expected most the other fights to suck...

Las Vegas,
05-28-2011, 11:38 PM
yeah it was, two crappy main events back to back...131 is Dos Santos vs Carwin, that should be a good one.

Dos Santos will dispose of him faster than Tyson took care of Michael Spinks. Other than that the rest of the card is gonna be a snore fest.

The next great card is UFC Rio. That card is stacked and it screams finishes all over.

CGman
05-28-2011, 11:43 PM
A lot of dissapointed people tonight... I bet a lot of people will be mother****ing all the way home.

MARKBNLV
05-28-2011, 11:54 PM
Best stream of the year but what horrible fights Rampage Hamill was so bad i left after the 2nd rd and went to the store,Ufc really needs to bring in some pride rules to push the action.

$Natedatpkid$
05-29-2011, 12:52 AM
Are you kidding me? It definitely wasn't a bad card. It wasn't great but it wasn't terrible either.

Stan-Santiago & Struve-Browne delievered as expected with 2 great KO's. Alves-Story wasn't a bad fight by any means. Did you guys even watch the fight? They traded multiple times throughout the fight. Wasn't a great fight but wasn't bad either, decent scrap.

Tibau-Olivera was a good fight from the prelims, great ending. Macdonald-midget was a solid fight too. Lots of back and forth. Real close. Never expected Grove-Botech to be that boring though. Thought Botech would KO him 1 round or Kendall would survive 1 til Tim gassed and tap him. Torres-Demtrieous was a great ****in ground war too! One of the best ground wars I've seen in a long time! TORRES GOT ROBBED though. The top position bull***** is ridiculous.

Rampage-Hamil wasn't bad either. If you were watching MMA for the first time and didn't know ***** about either you would have thought it was a good fight because Rampage hits him pretty good numerous times, disappointed he didn't get the KO but still a decent fight.

I'd give this event a C+. Nothing special but it's wasn't terrible either. But I guess I should expect these types of reaction from a boxing site. I'm a true MMA fan, I enjoy all aspects besides boring wrestling, but Alves-Story was not one. They traded hard a lot of good times.

Las Vegas,
05-29-2011, 01:00 AM
I'd give this event a C+. Nothing special but it's wasn't terrible either. But I guess I should expect these types of reaction from a boxing site. I'm a true MMA fan, I enjoy all aspects besides boring wrestling, but Alves-Story was not one. They traded hard a lot of good times.

You're lucky I'm even giving this show a D+. Hamill and Rampage was a joke, a sparring session. One guy had some of the worst boxing I've ever seen, the other has turned into a boring fighter.

Mir vs. Nelson...must I really say more? They gassed in the first round.

Story vs. Alves. A combined 42 seconds of excitement(exchanges). The rest was wall and stall.

Stann and Struve, I already knew coming in one of them being the FoTN honors. I was right. One got FoTN, the other got KOTN.

Don't look at this event like "OH IT WASN'T BAD" if you actually paid for this event I'm sure you'd have a different reaction.

RajahBell
05-29-2011, 01:03 AM
At least it was better than the Shamrock vs Severn 2 Superfight, the most boring main event in the history of fighting(MMA, Boxing, etc.)

Jack3d
05-29-2011, 01:05 AM
It was an awful card. Nothing redeeming about it at all. All the fights sucked.

$Natedatpkid$
05-29-2011, 01:24 AM
;10616935']You're lucky I'm even giving this show a D+. Hamill and Rampage was a joke, a sparring session. One guy had some of the worst boxing I've ever seen, the other has turned into a boring fighter.

Mir vs. Nelson...must I really say more? They gassed in the first round.

Story vs. Alves. A combined 42 seconds of excitement(exchanges). The rest was wall and stall.

Stann and Struve, I already knew coming in one of them being the FoTN honors. I was right. One got FoTN, the other got KOTN.

Don't look at this event like "OH IT WASN'T BAD" if you actually paid for this event I'm sure you'd have a different reaction.

Your seriously trashing the Mir fight? Come on now that is ridiculous. Mir kneeing Nelson in the face like 10x isn't exciting? Him brutally elbowing him 5 straight times with the hardest elbows I've ever seen landed isn't exciting? Mir was throwing some nice kicks too. He didn't gas till the very end of the 2nd. Roy was throwing back when he could but just wasn't effective. Still a good scrap.

Only 42 seconds? hahaha thats ridiculous. They traded on more then a couple occasions. That fight alone was better then any Randy fight that he ever won when hes the king of "wall & stall". That wasn't even wall & stall in the first place. How is Story taking him down and Alves getting back up while throwing multiple knees and punches during transitions wall and stall? Not to mention those brutal knees to the thighs that take a big toll. Story did not hold him against the wall. He couldn't be as effective because of Alves defense.

It get it, most people on this site that claim to watch MMA are mostly just casual fans so I know I don't have to waste time debating this because we view the sport in 2 totally different ways. Grounds wars like Torres-Demtrieus, George Strop.-Joe Daddy, and Diego/Diaz are exciting too me.

Las Vegas,
05-29-2011, 01:55 AM
Your seriously trashing the Mir fight? Come on now that is ridiculous. Mir kneeing Nelson in the face like 10x isn't exciting? Him brutally elbowing him 5 straight times with the hardest elbows I've ever seen landed isn't exciting? Mir was throwing some nice kicks too. He didn't gas till the very end of the 2nd. Roy was throwing back when he could but just wasn't effective. Still a good scrap.

Only 42 seconds? hahaha thats ridiculous. They traded on more then a couple occasions. That fight alone was better then any Randy fight that he ever won when hes the king of "wall & stall". That wasn't even wall & stall in the first place. How is Story taking him down and Alves getting back up while throwing multiple knees and punches during transitions wall and stall? Not to mention those brutal knees to the thighs that take a big toll. Story did not hold him against the wall. He couldn't be as effective because of Alves defense.

It get it, most people on this site that claim to watch MMA are mostly just casual fans so I know I don't have to waste time debating this because we view the sport in 2 totally different ways. Grounds wars like Torres-Demtrieus, George Strop.-Joe Daddy, and Diego/Diaz are exciting too me.

You're assuming I'm a casual fan. I've been watching since Pride. Compare some of the pride fights like Shogun/Lil Nog to this stuff. Joe Daddy-Georgy was a fantastic fight, but the thing is we're not talking about THOSE fights. We're talking about THESE fights. Where did the Mir/Story fight primarily ended up being? Against the cage for several minutes with a few exciting moments. If you consider that to be a great fight, then more power to you. Then I must assume you're also fans of Shane Mosley and Andre Berto's constant clinching because that's what they were most doing in there. Lol@Actually comparing these fights to the likes of Joe daddy vs Georgy. Not even close.

I understand this is all your opinion, but like I said if you paid $55 and you were satisfied, then all power to you. You must be a dedicated fan. Most people however were not satisfied with this card. Period.

It's alright though, 2 weeks from now we finally get to see real heavyweights. Not the overrated Frank Mir, and that abomination of a fighter in Roy Nelson.

I hope you watch the Strikeforce card in 3 weeks. That'll be worth the price of admission.

Mersey
05-29-2011, 12:06 PM
Terrible card... I'm glad I never waited up til 5am to watch it. I recorded it and watched it this morning, this was the first time I've ever had to fast forward part of the fights.

Uturn
05-29-2011, 12:30 PM
Roy Nelson is meant to be an athlete? I cannot take this guy seriously.

I turned off after the second round of the Rampage - Hamill fight, it was boring.

Ether
05-29-2011, 01:23 PM
I'd rate the show a D+

Disappointed Rampage couldn't finish.

who's all fighting at UFC Rio again? because the next card with Dos Santos looks lame.

Boxingtech718v2
05-29-2011, 01:40 PM
I streamed lol!!!!!!!!!

$Natedatpkid$
05-29-2011, 01:54 PM
;10617041']You're assuming I'm a casual fan. I've been watching since Pride. Compare some of the pride fights like Shogun/Lil Nog to this stuff. Joe Daddy-Georgy was a fantastic fight, but the thing is we're not talking about THOSE fights. We're talking about THESE fights. Where did the Mir/Story fight primarily ended up being? Against the cage for several minutes with a few exciting moments. If you consider that to be a great fight, then more power to you. Then I must assume you're also fans of Shane Mosley and Andre Berto's constant clinching because that's what they were most doing in there. Lol@Actually comparing these fights to the likes of Joe daddy vs Georgy. Not even close.

I understand this is all your opinion, but like I said if you paid $55 and you were satisfied, then all power to you. You must be a dedicated fan. Most people however were not satisfied with this card. Period.

It's alright though, 2 weeks from now we finally get to see real heavyweights. Not the overrated Frank Mir, and that abomination of a fighter in Roy Nelson.

I hope you watch the Strikeforce card in 3 weeks. That'll be worth the price of admission.

You were *****ing on it from the very beginning so of course since they didn't wow you, you couldn't enjoy them. I never said they were great fights but they sure as hell weren't as bad as everybody's making them out to be. Like I said it wasn't a great night of fights but they weren't that bad either.

Boxingtech718v2
05-29-2011, 01:58 PM
You were *****ing on it from the very beginning so of course since they didn't wow you, you couldn't enjoy them. I never said they were great fights but they sure as hell weren't as bad as everybody's making them out to be. Like I said it wasn't a great night of fights but they weren't that bad either.

Weren't bad fights but definitely not worth ppv money either. I would have been upset if I paid as well.

$Natedatpkid$
05-29-2011, 02:23 PM
Weren't bad fights but definitely not worth ppv money either. I would have been upset if I paid as well.

Yeah maybe if the rest of the main card besides Rampage-Hamil looked like the Versus 4 main card thats coming up. Anthony Johnson vs. Nate Marquart, John Howard vs Martin Kampman, and Pat Berry vs Chieck Kongo. That would have been sick with Rampage on it as the main event for a PPV.

Then again, if Thiago Silva didn't use steroids for that injury last nights card would have been so much better since the main event replacing Maynard-Edgar would have been freakin sick. A Rampage-Thiago Silva is possibly the most brutally nasty exciting bloody thing you could watching on television haha.

Las Vegas,
05-29-2011, 03:06 PM

Exactly, I came in with low expectations. So even a good fight would of Wow'd me, like I said Stann and Struve fights both "Wow'd" but I knew coming in those were gonna be awesome fights. I saw so many people on MMA forums saying Story vs. Alves will be FoTY, Mir vs. Nelson is gonna be amazing blahblah. I look at these people and it makes me think they're just buying the hype from the countdown shows. The top 3 fights like I knew coming in were gonna suck. It's been like this for the past multiple events.

People get to hyped up after they see the countdown shows, the interviews, etcetc. They don't look at these fights from a stylistic stand point.

Just my opinion, if you were satisfied it's all good man. Not knocking on you for that, just remember don't buy into the hype.

madmadworld
05-29-2011, 11:06 PM
Mir vs Nelson
that looked like a 90s fight sad

Hamill vs Rampage

Rampage: was looking for someone to say "cut let's shoot this scene again"

Hamill: looked like he had been sick the past few days. gas tank was low.

rest of card average at best
$55 :wtf1:

Nick Fury
05-30-2011, 10:42 AM
I was pretty dissapointed too. Ok card, not the worst but it was pretty boring overrall. I went to play starcraft 2 during the Mir fight and neveer came back to watch the Rampage one.