View Full Version : Your 'worst" fighters ever?

Terry A
05-28-2011, 08:20 PM
We have a lot of fun bantering on here about who we all really liked as fighters, who were our favorites, best, etc.

I'm curious if you fellas have some fighters who you just never liked or rooted for. For whatever reason.

I never liked Naseem Hamed, Hector Camacho, Jack Johnson, Bob Fitzsimmons, Greg Haugen. Or Tyrone Everett. Different reasons each.

Barn
05-28-2011, 09:05 PM
Hamed, Ali, Khan, Haye, Chavez.

CarlosG815
05-28-2011, 09:24 PM
Lennox Lewis, Joe Calzaghe, Vinny Pazienza

DarkTerror88
05-28-2011, 09:26 PM
Ali is the only fighter who i can truly say is one of my favorites, but also one of my least liked.

I hate any heavyeight that is a HW just by being absurdly fat. I'm not too fond of Leonard or Mike Spinks. Dont like Holmes either. AS he grew older i liked him more lmao

The Surgeon
05-28-2011, 09:50 PM
Head and shoulders above the rest Joe Calzaghe followed by Junnior Witter And Lennox Lewis

Scott9945
05-28-2011, 09:55 PM
Later I might come up with a list, but the very first name that comes to me is Oscar De La Hoya. The fact that I rooted for Hopkins and Mayweather to beat him says it all.

JAB5239
05-28-2011, 10:14 PM
Lennox Lewis, Joe Calzaghe, Vinny Pazienza

I hate you!!! :joke: :lol1:

IronDanHamza
05-28-2011, 11:25 PM
Seems the section isn't too fond of Joe Calzaghe :lol1:

My vote goes to..... Joe Calzaghe. :lol1:

Followed by, Muhammad Ali, Rocky Lockridge, Johnny Nelson, Willie Pastrano. I used to dislike De La Hoya but I don't really mind him now.

Strangely, I really disliked Shane Mosley all the way up to recently. Not to sure why, to be honest. Again, I don't mind him now.

I new addition is most definitely David Haye. Who I simply cannot stand.

Scott9945
05-28-2011, 11:36 PM

Followed by, Muhammad Ali, Rocky Lockridge, Johnny Nelson, Willie Pastrano. I used to dislike De La Hoya but I don't really mind him now.

Strangely, I really disliked Shane Mosley all the way up to recently. Not to sure why, to be honest. Again, I don't mind him now.

I new addition is most definitely David Haye. Who I simply cannot stand.

If you don't mind me asking...why didn't you like Rocky Lockridge?

IronDanHamza
05-28-2011, 11:39 PM
If you don't mind me asking...why didn't you like Rocky Lockridge?

Because he knocked out Roger Mayweather.

That is the sole reason.

:lol1:

New England
05-28-2011, 11:51 PM
junior witter grinds my gears

i used to be a margarito fan
and now i hate his guts

i certainly wouldn't say i hate the kid, but i never want to see adrien broner fight again. i don't mind if he fights, i just don't want it to be on the networks i have to pay every month to see (which is all of them for boxing.)
maybe an espn undercard... maybe.

chad dawson is one of my guys, coming from where he does, and of course having real talent. but he disappoints me so much more than he makes me happy.

late period de la hoya and post retirement de la hoya's personality drove/drives me nuts. he always sounds like he's lying.
if he's really having trouble with drugs i wish him all the best
if anybody wants to see something sad (and i don't follow these things, but this is an eye opener) check out oscar de la hoya on the "Twitter"

he's got the mind of a child

studentofthegam
05-29-2011, 01:35 AM

I new addition is most definitely David Haye. Who I simply cannot stand.Zags gets no love? Im pretty big on Zags and I think its because Im drawn to the hated.

If I had to choose Id say: Hamed and not because of his ring entrances but its more because of his overratedness. If thats a word.

Next is Carl Froch. Crybaby. Delusional about how good he really is.

DLH and Broner

The Surgeon
05-29-2011, 03:45 AM
junior witter grinds my gears

i used to be a margarito fan
and now i hate his guts

late period de la hoya and post retirement de la hoya's personality drove/drives me nuts. he always sounds like he's lying.
if he's really having trouble with drugs i wish him all the best
if anybody wants to see something sad (and i don't follow these things, but this is an eye opener) check out oscar de la hoya on the "Twitter"

he's got the mind of a child

WOW I cant believe i missed Margarito out! (In my defence i was hammered when i posted! lol)

Wanker ruined my boy Cotto and in all likelyhood with loaded wraps, classless ballbag

Couldnt agree more on Oscar, i liked him as a fighter in his prime but late on and post retirment he has done my head in and yeah he does sound like he is lying ALL THE TIME lol

Monkz
05-29-2011, 04:39 AM
Bernard Hopkins, always fighting smaller men, never really liked his style and how he acted.
Antonio Margarito, tried to cheat *may have done so in previous fights.
Muhammad Ali, my #1 HW but how he treated Frazier is just disgusting.

JAB5239
05-29-2011, 05:11 AM
WOW I cant believe i missed Margarito out! (In my defence i was hammered when i posted! lol)

Wanker ruined my boy Cotto and in all likelyhood with loaded wraps, classless ballbag

Couldnt agree more on Oscar, i liked him as a fighter in his prime but late on and post retirment he has done my head in and yeah he does sound like he is lying ALL THE TIME lol

Im taking all bets on the rematch and say Cotto wins a wide decision. While it can't be proven I firmly believe Margs cheated and the difference will show in the rematch.

And for those who will cry Margs was past it or a shell caused by Shane and Pac.....you were all saying the same thing about bCotto when Margs beat him. Anyone willing to bet please PM me.

TBear
05-29-2011, 08:31 AM
I really don't have any besides possibly James Butler.

I do often criticize many modern fighters to the dismay of their fans, but actually I am rather impartial about them.

Pastrano
05-29-2011, 09:04 AM
Casamayor. He's a skilled technician and all that, but he fights dirty and is a jerk. Always complains in the ring. Can't tell you how much I enjoyed watching JMM cap his ass.:headbang: Popo also became my hero when he beat him.

The Surgeon
05-29-2011, 10:19 AM
Im taking all bets on the rematch and say Cotto wins a wide decision. While it can't be proven I firmly believe Margs cheated and the difference will show in the rematch.

And for those who will cry Margs was past it or a shell caused by Shane and Pac.....you were all saying the same thing about bCotto when Margs beat him. Anyone willing to bet please PM me.

To me as a huge Cotto fan this fight is the hottest ticket in boxing, Miguel Cotto vs Antonio Margarito the rematch. Order will be restored and Margarito will be punished.......

Cotto on a wide UD is my pick too and im gonna put some hard cash down on that *****

RubenSonny
05-29-2011, 10:35 AM
Vitali Klitschko, Julio Cesar Chavez, Oscar De La Hoya, Ray Leonard (at times), Michael Nunn, Joe Calzaghe, James Degale, Kostya Tszyu, Aaron Pryor, Marcos Maidana, Sam Peter and Joshua Clottey.

BattlingNelson
05-29-2011, 11:39 AM
Sven Ottke, Henry Maske, Virgil Hill, Bernard Hopkins, Andre Ward, Hector Camacho Marvin Hagler.

As far as Hagler goes I became much more appreciative after his career was over. My dislike for him was because I like Leonard and Hearns better.

Ottke, Maske and Hill was probably the most boring fighters ever. No chance of seeing a KO.

Hopkins and Ward is to dirty for my liking.

Camcho may have had some great speed, but his fights was dull as hell.

BattlingNelson
05-29-2011, 12:03 PM
We have a lot of fun bantering on here about who we all really liked as fighters, who were our favorites, best, etc.

I'm curious if you fellas have some fighters who you just never liked or rooted for. For whatever reason.

I never liked Naseem Hamed, Hector Camacho, Jack Johnson, Bob Fitzsimmons, Greg Haugen. Or Tyrone Everett. Different reasons each.
Hey Terry. Why didnt you like Greg Haugen? Personally I loved his trashtalking as well as his toughness and, yes, his skillset.

studentofthegam
05-29-2011, 12:04 PM
Sven Ottke, Henry Maske, Virgil Hill, Bernard Hopkins, Andre Ward, Hector Camacho Marvin Hagler.

As far as Hagler goes I became much more appreciative after his career was over. My dislike for him was because I like Leonard and Hearns better.

Ottke, Maske and Hill was probably the most boring fighters ever. No chance of seeing a KO.

Camcho may have had some great speed, but his fights was dull as hell.Throw Barrera in the dirty category.

NChristo
05-29-2011, 12:41 PM
Kabary Salem, **** him.

The Surgeon
05-29-2011, 12:52 PM
Another i have zero time for is that Nathan Cleverly. He just pisses me off, im not sure if its because of the Calzaghe conection or if that just makes it worse but i do not like the dude

NChristo
05-29-2011, 12:54 PM
Anthony Small as well, **** him too.

The Surgeon
05-29-2011, 12:57 PM
Anthony Small as well, **** him too.

Urrrgh he's a real dick him, SRCJJ!? REALLY!?

The Surgeon
05-29-2011, 12:59 PM
Im not feeling Brandon Rios and his attitude either

joseph5620
05-29-2011, 01:31 PM
Later I might come up with a list, but the very first name that comes to me is Oscar De La Hoya. The fact that I rooted for Hopkins and Mayweather to beat him says it all.

:lol1: You beat me to that one. It's strange because now I actually like him as a promoter. As a fighter I always thought he was overhyped, overrated, and carefully matched earlier in his career.

joseph5620
05-29-2011, 01:40 PM
Vitali Klitschko, Julio Cesar Chavez, Oscar De La Hoya, Ray Leonard (at times), Michael Nunn, Joe Calzaghe, James Degale, Kostya Tszyu, Aaron Pryor, Marcos Maidana, Sam Peter and Joshua Clottey.

I think he might top my list. A real crybaby, whiner, and always made excuses without ever giving credit to his opponents.

RubenSonny
05-29-2011, 01:58 PM
I think he might top my list. A real crybaby, whiner, and always made excuses without ever giving credit to his opponents.

Hes at the top of mine, I get irritated when I watch the post-fight interview for the first Randall fight, along with him being ridiculously overrated and having all the 'luck' in the world, I absolutely hate him.

joseph5620
05-29-2011, 02:12 PM
Hes at the top of mine, I get irritated when I watch the post-fight interview for the first Randall fight, along with him being ridiculously overrated and having all the 'luck' in the world, I absolutely hate him.

:rofl:Yeah he claimed the knockdown was a "slip" when it was clear he was not only knocked down, but hurt by a straight right to the chin. I really couldn't stand him.

Pastrano
05-29-2011, 03:31 PM
Hey Terry. Why didnt you like Greg Haugen? Personally I loved his trashtalking as well as his toughness and, yes, his skillset.

I like Greg too. He was a very skilled fighter and very tough too. He took 5 rounds of constant beating from Chavez (he was past prime even) before the ref stopped it. I also like the fact that he took Camacho's zero. He had it coming, that guy. I don't hate Camacho, but he sure was an egotripper. And a mouth.

qari
05-29-2011, 03:40 PM
Barrera,Calzaghe,Paqiou only after u found out abt him weight draining fighters and fight top names coming off loses.

Terry A
05-29-2011, 06:27 PM

The only things I did like about Haugen was his toughness & that he was a funny smack-talker, much like Paz. Them two had some real funny back & forths in the jawing department. I like it when the trash talking is sort of funny, like the WWF boys do it. Paz & Haugen had that part down pat.

What I didn't like about him was that he had no real punch to get any of the elite guys out of there. If he punched a little harder, he wouldn't have made my list.

I'm nit-pickin' here but I also didn't care for how he presented himself. He had that poor man's "David Cassidy" haircut, the blue jean jacket, his ****iness.....and his mom. Remember when he fought & they would have a little cut-a-way frame on the screen showing his mom & family in some bar with bottles of empty beers all around them? They would carry on like crazy. And when the decision was announced that Greg had lost, she flips the TV screen the finger & takes a long drag on her Camel cigarette.....Just classy moments like that sort of jaded him to me.

JAB5239
05-29-2011, 06:44 PM
The only things I did like about Haugen was his toughness & that he was a funny smack-talker, much like Paz. Them two had some real funny back & forths in the jawing department. I like it when the trash talking is sort of funny, like the WWF boys do it. Paz & Haugen had that part down pat.

What I didn't like about him was that he had no real punch to get any of the elite guys out of there. If he punched a little harder, he wouldn't have made my list.

I'm nit-pickin' here but I also didn't care for how he presented himself. He had that poor man's "David Cassidy" haircut, the blue jean jacket, his ****iness.....and his mom. Remember when he fought & they would have a little cut-a-way frame on the screen showing his mom & family in some bar with bottles of empty beers all around them? They would carry on like crazy. And when the decision was announced that Greg had lost, she flips the TV screen the finger & takes a long drag on her Camel cigarette.....Just classy moments like that sort of jaded him to me.

Lol, you and I just talked about this when we spoke on the phone. Funny stuff! Love you anecdotes about Mitch "Blood" Green too!

Steak
05-29-2011, 06:55 PM
Anthony Mundine.

Some of my happinest moments in modern boxing came when he was KOed of simply knocked down.

blaze778
05-29-2011, 07:15 PM
Joe Calzaghe
Oscar De La Hoya (I was a fan pre-Trinidad though I must admit)
Virgil Hill
John Ruiz
Sergio Mora
Hasim Rahman

jrosales13
05-29-2011, 07:38 PM
Oscar De la Hoya, I didn't like him as a fighter, don't like him as a promoter, nor do I like him as a person.

I really dislike the guy.

cotto16
05-29-2011, 07:45 PM
Could never stand Steve Collins. Right ass hole, with a bad attitude.

Lucky to get past prime versions of Benn & Eubank. Then when he's gonna fight a hungry lion in Calzaghe, pulls out & retires.

IronDanHamza
05-29-2011, 07:48 PM
Oscar De la Hoya, I didn't like him as a fighter, don't like him as a promoter, nor do I like him as a person.

I really dislike the guy.

Since when?!?!??!???!????!??!?

I thought Oscar was your favourite.

NChristo
05-29-2011, 08:00 PM
Urrrgh he's a real dick him, SRCJJ!? REALLY!?

Yup there's that, then there's the whole Muslim extremist stuff, poppy burning, rioting and other cunt worthy acts he's done and continues to do and the whole wearing a Scream outfit for his entrances was just cringy, why call yourself 'Sugar Ray Clay Jones Jr', he's a disgrace.

jrosales13
05-29-2011, 08:18 PM
Since when?!?!??!???!????!??!?

I thought Oscar was your favourite.

I know this comes as a shock. I have hid my anti-Oscar bias very well all this time. I been very neutral when it comes to Oscar. But, is true I really dislike Oscar.

Scott9945
05-29-2011, 09:47 PM

Camcho may have had some great speed, but his fights was dull as hell.

I loved your list...until you got to Hagler. :)

This has turned out to be a surprising and interesting thread.

Perfect Plex
05-29-2011, 09:52 PM
I loved your list...until you got to Hagler. :)

This has turned out to be a surprising and interesting thread.

Totally agree.......

IronDanHamza
05-29-2011, 09:58 PM
I know this comes as a shock. I have hid my anti-Oscar bias very well all this time. I been very neutral when it comes to Oscar. But, is true I really dislike Oscar.

:lol1: :lol1:

On a real though, you weren't even creative you didn't even lay down a couple other names you don't like you just put the most predictable thing Jro could ever do on this forum and say "I hate Oscar De La Hoya"

:lol1:

Terry A
05-29-2011, 10:18 PM
Yup there's that, then there's the whole Muslim extremist stuff, poppy burning, rioting and other cunt worthy acts he's done and continues to do and the whole wearing a Scream outfit for his entrances was just cringy, why call yourself 'Sugar Ray Clay Jones Jr', he's a disgrace.

I "forgot" about how much I also dislike Mundine for the exact reasons you specified. His dad was an ok guy. The kid is a real piece of work though.

I'm gonna forget about him again as soon as I hit the "Submit Reply" button....

Ziggy Stardust
05-30-2011, 02:27 PM
Any fighter who's an azzhole outside the ring or a chickensh1t inside the ring.

Some special mentions:

Ray Leonard: Great great fighter.....but a complete azzhole.

Muhammed Ali: Best Heavyweight I ever laid eyes on.....but the way he treated Frazier and other opponents made me sick to my stomach.

Julio Cesar Chavez: A great fighter no doubt.....but the biggest whinging crybaby I've ever seen.....the way his fans grossly overrate him doesn't win him any points with me either.

Hector Camacho: Had some talent.....but if you look up the word "chickensh1t" in the dictionary you'll find his photo.....he's a sandy little butthole too.

Poet

The Smash
05-30-2011, 02:30 PM
Why do you dislike Ray? I've always considered him a class act when commentating or being interviewed

Ziggy Stardust
05-30-2011, 02:34 PM
Why do you dislike Ray? I've always considered him a class act when commentating or being interviewed

Off camera he was a complete d1ck to everyone around him......including Angelo Dundee. He's actually a "local" fighter for me: He grew up in Maryland just across the river from me and made his home there for a long time. Just a real stuck up pr1ck.

Poet

$BloodyNate$
05-30-2011, 02:51 PM
Calzaghe because of the way he slaps, how he cherry picked through 21 defenses, and how his fans grossly overrate him.

Ruiz because of he's the most exciting fighter to ever step into a 4 corned ring.

Wladimir Klitschko because he's boring as *****. He could take out almost anybody in under 4-5 rounds, but keeps him in there in boring fashion until the very last round where he might get a nice KO. Underachiever.

Floyd because he never fought Cotto, Pac, or Margarito. But continues to run his mouth during "retirements" although he still is one of the best fighters I've ever laid eyes one.

Antonio Margarito, using plaster like a little biitch.

Chavez Sr for being a cry baby, and Chavez Jr for being a spoon fed baby.

Toney Loc
05-30-2011, 02:55 PM
I've only been a Boxing fan since late '06 but since then the fighters I've grown to truly dislike are Oscar De La Hoya and Kermit Cintron.

The Surgeon
05-30-2011, 03:40 PM

And just for good measure he was involved in most likely THE worst fight of all time - vs McDonagh!

GrandpaBernard
05-30-2011, 04:34 PM
margarito
manny pac

fitefanSHO
05-31-2011, 10:46 AM
Anyone named Camacho.

Never really cared for Tony Ayala, scumbag that he is.

Naseem Hamed & John Ruiz.

IMDAZED
05-31-2011, 10:49 AM
Zab Judah and Oscar De La Hoya. Can't stand those ****ers.

fitefanSHO
05-31-2011, 10:51 AM
Yes, add Zab Judah to my list too.

What a thuggy POS he is. :nonono:

bojangles1987
05-31-2011, 12:46 PM
Hopkins, because too often he says stupid sh** and I'm a Roy Jones nuthugger.

Tyson because of how many constantly overrated him and he was a scumbag.

Mayweather because of wasted chances.

Forrest because he f***ed up Mosley, and I was a huge Mosley fan.

And of course Ray Leonard, my least favorite fighter of all time.

bojangles1987
05-31-2011, 12:48 PM
Yes, add Zab Judah to my list too.

What a thuggy POS he is. :nonono:

I can't claim to know much about Judah outside the ring, but he never made me hate him. I get more of a laugh out of him due to his hardcore fans.

bojangles1987
05-31-2011, 12:49 PM

:rofl::rofl:

studentofthegam
06-01-2011, 09:17 AM
I've only been a Boxing fan since late '06 but since then the fighters I've grown to truly dislike are Oscar De La Hoya and Kermit Cintron.How in the hell can I forget Cintron. Yeah he ranks high up on that list. Jumping out the damn ring. Its not so much I dont like him but I think he's a basket case and needs to be out of boxing.

The Surgeon
06-01-2011, 09:34 AM
How the hell did i forget The Latin Fake - Sergio Mora!?

Dude grinds my gears!

Rip Chudd
06-01-2011, 09:55 AM
Julio Ceasar Chavez Jr, I don't know what it is about this kid but everytime I see him I just want to punch him in the mouth. He needs to fix his face.

McGoorty
07-30-2011, 08:46 PM

:chomp: I never liked those blue things, why can't they just stop chasing my pac-man (chomp). But seriously Tezza, I never liked Hamed (too much talk, and he resembled that famous Charlie Chaplin boxing skit), Camacho either. Don't enjoy that style too much and hated those ridiculous pants either, if he got caught in in a pub with no beer in Gundagai, he'd hafta be able to fight !!!.-----------------NOTE :- Actually, there's never been any such thing as a "pub with no beer", in Gundagai, or anywhere else in Australia, perish the thought.--------:stooges: It's the name of a classic song by the Late Great and Immortal, SLIM DUSTY.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------,Hamed just got :owned:

Mintcar923
08-03-2011, 09:37 PM
I can't stand Winky Wright.. I totally loved it when Hopkins took him to school.. Pernell Whitaker was great but I couldn't stand his arrogance... Andrew Golota was a dirty fighter whom I despised. I like Barerra as a boxer but don't care for his disrespect for his opponents outside the ring.. I used to like Sugar Ray Leonard when I was a kid but grew to like Tommy Hearns more as he never ducked anyone at any point in his career and always remained humble.. I also felt as though he beat Sugar Ray convincingly in the rematch even though it was called a "draw."

McGoorty
08-06-2011, 01:57 PM

Why Bob Fitzsimmons, dear ol' Ruby Bob ?,..... I like Fitz, he started in NZ & Aussie too.

BigStereotype
08-06-2011, 02:05 PM
David Haye
Andre Berto
Andre Dirrell
Victor Ortiz
Julio Cesar Chavez, Jr.
Junior Jones (hate seeing my boy get beat up like that :nonono:)