13. Sandro Mazzinghi
14. Laurent Boudouani
15. Koichi Wajima
16. Davey Moore
17. Maurice Hope
18. Freddie Little
19. Masashi Kudo
20. Eddie Gazo

The reason why Duran and Leonard were left out is they don't have enough fights and wins at 154. Duran beat Moore and Leonard beat Kalule (somewhat controversially) but thats all they did at this weight. It just doesn't qualify. And its not fair since they were better at 147, this way they would take up the places of those who have fought at 154 more and deserve recognition. Hearns and Benitez have at least made some title defenses and beat more good fighters at 154. Same goes for Benvenuti. He beat Mazzinghi twice but didn't make enough defenses.

Joey Giardello
05-28-2011, 05:22 PM
1. Mike McCallum
2. Terry Norris
3. Thomas Hearns
4. Wilfred Benitez
5. Winky Wright
6. Oscar De La Hoya
7. Fernando Vargas
8. Felix Trinidad
9. Ayub Kalule
10. Julian Jackson
11. Gianfranco Rosi
12. Julio Cesar Vasquez
13. Sandro Mazzinghi
14. Laurent Boudouani
15. Davey Moore
16. Koichi Wajima
17. Maurice Hope
18. Freddie Little
19. Masashi Kudo
20. Eddie Gazo

The reason why Duran and Leonard were left out is they don't have enough fights and wins at 154. Duran beat Moore and Leonard beat Kalule (somewhat controversially) but thats all they did at this weight. It just doesn't qualify. And its not fair since they were better at 147, this way they would take up the places of those who have fought at 154 more and deserve recognition. Hearns and Benitez have at least made some title defenses and beat more good fighters at 154. Same goes for Benvenuti. He beat Mazzinghi twice but didn't make enough defenses.

You have felix trinindad below vargas??? Trinindad knocked vargas out at lightmiddleweight and also beat wba champion david reid and the european champion at the weight

Pastrano
05-28-2011, 06:37 PM
You have felix trinindad below vargas??? Trinindad knocked vargas out at lightmiddleweight and also beat wba champion david reid and the european champion at the weight

Who was that?? Vargas just did more at 154, Trinidad had 3 fights as far as I know, of those that matter anyway. Vargas beat Winky who beat Trinidad later, at 160. He also stopped Campas, Raul Marquez and decisioned Quartey. Trinidad never fought Quartey at 147, not sure why.:thinking:

Boxing Bob
05-30-2011, 12:54 AM
Pastrano, you can make up all the posts you want jacking up McCallum but Graham and Kalambay are not greats fighters and McCallum is NOT a better fighter than Hagler. Not in resume, not P4P, and certainly not H2H!

talip bin osman
05-30-2011, 01:01 AM
courtesy of this website... i disagree with some, i agree with most...

http://www.boxingscene.com/-top-20-junior-middleweights-all-time--18452

Pastrano
07-05-2011, 10:04 AM

They rank Mosley at 10 and Freddie Little at 8, Little has no business being there at all. Besides getting robbed by an aging Mazzinghi, what else has he achieved? He lost the title to Carmelo Bossi, of all people. Mosley didn't do a lot at 154 besides stopping a past prime Vargas twice, first time by a technicality in a fight that was close as hell. Vargas might've actually been ahead by a point when it got stopped. Mosley's greatest achivement at the weight is his most controversial fight, with Oscar, the fight that actually made me dislike him. Its a disgrace to rank him among the top 10 lmws, when he was actually ww! Benvenuti was always a natural mw and didn't beat that many famous names at 154, thats why I left him out. Ki-Soo Kim doesn't deserve being there either, he got a homecooked decision against Nino.

The worst thing is, they TOTALLY omit Vargas from the list! Just because he lost to DLH and Trinidad, doesnt matter that he gave them their hardest fights at the weight.:nonono: Doesn't matter that he beat Quartey more convincingly than anybody else did. Or that he decisioned, controversially or not, the supreme technician of the division, Wright.

IMDAZED
07-05-2011, 10:17 AM
De La Hoya over Tito? You're an idiot.

Pastrano
07-05-2011, 10:36 AM

Thank you. Oscar outclassed Castillejo, stopped Vargas and Campas, got robbed vs Mosley, demolished Mayorga...and Tito beat Vargas and Reid, neither without difficulties. Floored by both. Thiam was a B- fighter at best.

IMDAZED
07-05-2011, 11:06 AM
And you are a Tito-assjockey.:D :smileysex

Sure, bud.

De La Hoya over Tito... :lol1:

Pastrano
07-05-2011, 11:11 AM
Sure, bud.

De La Hoya over Tito... :lol1:

Yea, a guy who won 9 rounds against Tito-thats pure MADNESS!!:hitit: How could I be so BLIND?!?

IMDAZED
07-05-2011, 11:11 AM
Yea, a guy who won 9 rounds against Tito-thats pure MADNESS!!:hitit: How could I be so BLIND?!?

Yes, that was an amazing fight at 154.

:lol1:

Pastrano
07-05-2011, 11:13 AM
Yes, that was an amazing fight at 154.

:lol1:

Are you dumb?? I already gave you the reason why. Tito's career at 154 was way too brief to give him a spot over DLH. So long chump.:wave:

IMDAZED
07-05-2011, 11:19 AM
Are you dumb?? I already gave you the reason why. Tito's career at 154 was way too brief to give him a spot over DLH. So long chump.:wave:

Oh ok. Too brief. As opposed to Oscar's - who sealed the deal by beating Castillejo. Clown. I'll let someone else toy with you. I'm bored.

Pastrano
07-05-2011, 04:36 PM
Oh ok. Too brief. As opposed to Oscar's - who sealed the deal by beating Castillejo. Clown. I'll let someone else toy with you. I'm bored.

:rofl: Say hello to Idi Amin for me.:D Tosser.

SCtrojansbaby
07-05-2011, 05:10 PM
Kalule and Norris are too high.

BattlingNelson
07-05-2011, 05:25 PM

If I remember correctly this was one of the better lists coming from Cliff Rold's venture into a quantitative rankings system.

jrosales13
07-06-2011, 05:55 AM

This right here.

Pastrano
07-06-2011, 07:01 AM
Kalule and Norris are too high.

Did you see BS's own list?? Kalule is nr.FOUR there! Thats a bit too high, but he deserved to be ranked among top 10.