View Full Version : UFC 130 ''Rampage vs Hamill'' Not Selling Well At All!

Perfect Plex
05-26-2011, 03:23 PM
In the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter (subscription required), Dave Meltzer is reporting this weekend's show, which emanates from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas and is headlined by a light-heavyweight bout between Quinton Jackson and Matt Hamill, has sold just $1.5 million in tickets, which he estimates at around 4,500 tickets

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/5/26/2190214/ufc-130-struggling-at-box-office

Bullrush
05-26-2011, 04:06 PM
the card looks pretty good actually. but it seems like the ufc hype is dying down

Rosseboi
05-26-2011, 05:07 PM
the card looks pretty good actually. but it seems like the ufc hype is dying down

It's their own ****ing fault! I mean **** I can't even go on youtube to watch highlights of previous fights to get me hyped for new ones!

They're killing their own sport.

Grapes
05-26-2011, 07:10 PM
lol ok so the card looses its title fight, the UFC is having a hard time selling this one particular event (the last 40 events have sold quicker than dime bags) and now the MMA is a dying sport ..... ?????

kaps
05-26-2011, 07:27 PM
Rampage has lost some drawing power with his innactivity. Plus they lost the main event. They can't all be like the last card which sold out over 50k in minutes.....

project xxx1
05-26-2011, 07:29 PM
too many ufc cards on all the time..........

kaps
05-26-2011, 07:30 PM

You do realize that the last card. Just under a month ago sold 40000 tickets on the first day right?

kaps
05-26-2011, 07:32 PM

They have over 200 fighters on contract. They have to have alot of cards to keep these guys fighting and making a living....

Perfect Plex
05-26-2011, 07:38 PM
Interesting that Quinton Jackson hasn't scored a KO/TKO victory in 3 years. His last 3 fights have all been decision. And 5 of his last 6 have been decision.

Add to the fact that he almost admits he's lost the love for fighting and now does it for $$$. He even said as soon as acting pays more, he's gone.

Is he losing his fan appeal?

Las Vegas,
05-26-2011, 08:07 PM
The downfall begins the 28th. First the ratings on ****e DRASTICALLY decrease on all shows(primetime, countdowns, unleashed), but now they're going on versus. When on versus they do even lower ratings on ****e TV, and monthly figures have been declining since October. It had a good run.

On the other hand, boxing has been gaining viewers. :)

chiguy91
05-26-2011, 08:12 PM
they lost the best fight of the card. plus, they just sold out their last card like crazy. they'll bounce back from this, trust me...

Clegg
05-26-2011, 09:32 PM
All of the boxing vs MMA arguments are stupid. Both sports are doing fine, it's just that this card is a bit weak due to losing the main event.

The last event was the end of April, the last one before that was the end of March.

Perfect Plex
05-26-2011, 09:45 PM
UFC really hasn't had much look recetnly. Alot of great upcarding cards have really been hurt with pull out's.....

Edgar & Maynard Out of UFC 130
Lesnar Out of UFC 131
Danzig Out UFC 131
Fitch & BJ Out Of UFC 132
Bones Out Of UFC 133
Aldo Out Of UFC 133

Las Vegas,
05-27-2011, 12:31 AM
All of the boxing vs MMA arguments are stupid. Both sports are doing fine, it's just that this card is a bit weak due to losing the main event.

The last event was the end of April, the last one before that was the end of March.

Have you heard? UFC is moving to versus because all the shows on ****e are doing plain bad ratings. They're moving to a channel that's only based on a few cable providers. This is gonna hurt their business by a ton. Like I said, the downfall is coming. The hype isn't there anymore.

MARKBNLV
05-27-2011, 05:18 AM
ktl its got really boring with guys like gsp giving lackluster efforts its become quite boring,the ufc needs to go there should be a structure like boxing,but in doing so do not repeat boxings mistakes.

$BloodyNate$
05-27-2011, 07:53 AM
Interesting that Quinton Jackson hasn't scored a KO/TKO victory in 3 years. His last 3 fights have all been decision. And 5 of his last 6 have been decision.

Add to the fact that he almost admits he's lost the love for fighting and now does it for $$$. He even said as soon as acting pays more, he's gone.

Is he losing his fan appeal?

Did you watch Rampage In the Moment or the Countdown show? He said he's going to keep fighting until he's 35, he's 32 at the moment. He said he still loves to put on exciting fights for the fans and wants his belt back but he doesn't want to look past Hamil.

;10608019']Have you heard? UFC is moving to versus because all the shows on ****e are doing plain bad ratings. They're moving to a channel that's only based on a few cable providers. This is gonna hurt their business by a ton. Like I said, the downfall is coming. The hype isn't there anymore.

You have a link?

WHO THE **** LISTENS TO THE WRESTLING OBSERVER? **** wrestling. Let them stick to what their good at, that fairy tale *****. That is a ridiculous number. Even though the PPV numbers won't be the strongest those attendance numbers are bull***** because you know mad people bought tickets before Edgar-Maynard pulled out.

Las Vegas,
05-27-2011, 11:11 AM
You have a link?

WHO THE **** LISTENS TO THE WRESTLING OBSERVER? **** wrestling. Let them stick to what their good at, that fairy tale *****. That is a ridiculous number. Even though the PPV numbers won't be the strongest those attendance numbers are bull***** because you know mad people bought tickets before Edgar-Maynard pulled out.

Dude, it's Dave Metlzer. He has the inside scoop on just about everything MMA and wwe related. Face it man, it's been like this for months now. The hype isn't there anymore. How do you think those 1million people felt when GSP had a amateur striking contest for 5 rounds? Brock isn't even in the fight game anymore. Coming from a guy who LOVES MMA, but hates the sh*t out of the Zuffa/Dana White I'm glad this is finally happening to them. I just wish they never bought out Strikeforce. Strikeforce is what the UFC used to be. When guys weren't fighting for their jobs, but instead fighting to entertain the fans.

$Full Clip$
05-27-2011, 12:20 PM
I think it has mostly to do with guys like Chuck Liddell leaving the sport. Wrestlers are taking over and it's really hurting IMO. Also GSP has really been a dull for the sport when in the past he's been consistently one of their biggest draws but he refuses to entertain and rather play in safe. Anderson would be a huge draw if he would have ran through Cote, Thales, and Maia like he was suppose to but rather lilly gag around.

Let's face it most people watch UFC for the excitement. They might as well watch boxing if the best UFC has to offer in GSP & Anderson are just going to play it safe.

Boxingtech718v2
05-27-2011, 03:03 PM
It's their own ****ing fault! I mean **** I can't even go on youtube to watch highlights of previous fights to get me hyped for new ones!

They're killing their own sport.

This.................Danna White's obsession with milking the blood out of MMA is going to end up hurting the UFC.

Nobody is going to pay to watch old fights on DVD. They should take advantage of free streaming media to hype the sport.