View Full Version : moving up in weight...

.::EnRiQuE::.
09-26-2005, 06:29 PM
i'm almost 5'8" and fight at 106...i'm thinking about lifting a LITTLE BIT of weights to move up to 112 or maybe a bit higher cuz being this skinny sucks...
does it seem like a good idea??? if weights isn't the right idea, then wat should i do to gain the weight in a healthy manner...

09-26-2005, 06:55 PM
no advice huh...???

BigDozer260
09-26-2005, 07:15 PM
i'm almost 5'8" and fight at 106...i'm thinking about lifting a LITTLE BIT of weights to move up to 112 or maybe a bit higher cuz being this skinny sucks...
does it seem like a good idea??? if weights isn't the right idea, then wat should i do to gain the weight in a healthy manner...You can either gain muscle, fat, or water weight. Obviously water weight is temporary, fat is also not the way to go, only one more choice, lean muscle mass. How do you build lean muscle mass? The best choice for that would be resistance training. Body weight exercises create a low ceiling of adaptation, meaning your results will begin to diminish very quickly because the body will adapt and cease hypertrophy/strength gains. You can only truly overload the muscle with progressive forms of resistance,(i.e. weight training). Hope that answers your questions.

SPIDERO
09-26-2005, 08:27 PM
Eat EAt and EAT! you have to eat plenty of good food, learn to cook your own food and go buy your groceries yourself go with your mom to the supermarket and buy lots of fish and chicken and white or brown rice and vegatables and eat small meals. 6 to 7 small meals a day every 2 to 3 hours. I would stay away from weights at your age just do what your doing hit the heavy bag and running and all that stuff but just eat plenty your young so stay away from heavy weights.

Sweat
09-26-2005, 08:30 PM
You can either gain muscle, fat, or water weight. Obviously water weight is temporary, fat is also not the way to go, only one more choice, lean muscle mass. How do you build lean muscle mass? The best choice for that would be resistance training. Body weight exercises create a low ceiling of adaptation, meaning your results will begin to diminish very quickly because the body will adapt and cease hypertrophy/strength gains. You can only truly overload the muscle with progressive forms of resistance,(i.e. weight training). Hope that answers your questions.

Listen to this guy.. he is an expert to this kinda things. ;)

09-26-2005, 08:59 PM
thanks guys...

SilentButViolent
09-26-2005, 09:58 PM
dayummmmmmmmmmmmmm....i like your avatar 2ndrdko :D

09-26-2005, 10:03 PM
dayummmmmmmmmmmmmm....i like your avatar 2ndrdko :D
you have to get rid of those .gif's in ur sig...its a new rule that Rick REeno put up...get rid of it or they'll get rid of you

ImSicilian
09-26-2005, 10:10 PM
I would suggest taking weight gainer and lifting some weights. You seem to have a high metabolism so it may be harder for you to gain weight.

09-26-2005, 11:14 PM
I would suggest taking weight gainer and lifting some weights. You seem to have a high metabolism so it may be harder for you to gain weight.
very true...i can eat almost anything i want and still be thin...its fun

SilentButViolent
09-26-2005, 11:18 PM
very true...i can eat almost anything i want and still be thin...its fun
damn dude we have the excact same body type,it's crazy and im also trying to gain weight..but why did they make that new rule abuot no gif's in the sigs?

Pugnacious_Z
09-27-2005, 12:04 AM
ive gained 44 pounds of muscle in 20 months. well mostly muscle, maybe 1kg of fat at most. and im a hard gainer, my metabolism is pretty fast, all i did was consume 800-1500cal extra a day and lift sum weights. and right now my punch power is stronger then any natural person my weight

Kid Achilles
09-27-2005, 01:29 AM
and right now my punch power is stronger then any natural person my weight

Do you really honestly believe you hit harder than anyone in the world who weighs as much as you do, even at a lower bf% than you, who got that way naturally?

How much do you weigh? :D

Pugnacious_Z
09-27-2005, 08:37 AM
ofcoarse not the hardest in the world man, out of the ppl i seen my weight, none punch harder, even heavier guys, not sayin i hit like a tank, just dat out of the many ppl i seen in boxing gyms, havnt seen any my weight hit harder. kid achiles man, its not about if the guy is naturally my weight or not, sum ppl just cant hit hard, sum can, no matter wat there weight. and my frame is pretty alright size, its just dat i had very little amount of muscle in my body b4. im 5ft 10.5" 152lbs

Kid Achilles
09-27-2005, 09:28 AM
For future reference, there's a difference between saying you are the hardest puncher your weight at your gym and claiming that you hit harder than "anyone" who boxes at 150 lbs and doesn't lift weights.

Pugnacious_Z
09-27-2005, 10:19 AM
thanx for the tip, keep dat in mind next time, sure u wud know, no man can say he is the hardest puncher in the world

Super_Lightweight
09-27-2005, 12:37 PM
If I were you I wouldn't try to gain any weight at all. You are a boxer, right? If so, increasing your muscle by eating a lot and lifting weights will lessen your stamina and fluidity. You will see disadvantages of going up in weight and you will regret it. Stay where you are at and own those skinny punks. Not everyone is meant to be big.

Kid Achilles
09-27-2005, 02:04 PM
Damn 5'8" at 106? That's a very good height for that weight. I don't think you should try to put on any more weight than is natural. If you do gain some, don't kill yourself trying to starve down, but don't bulk up unless you think you can pack on some lean mass and then drop to a lower bf%, retaining your height to weight ratio.

leff
09-27-2005, 04:09 PM
ive gained 44 pounds of muscle in 20 months. well mostly muscle, maybe 1kg of fat at most. and im a hard gainer, my metabolism is pretty fast, all i did was consume 800-1500cal extra a day and lift sum weights. and right now my punch power is stronger then any natural person my weight

okay, just for the record gaing 44pounds off muscle in 20 months is not possibel without roids.

10pounds of lean muscle mass a year is extremely good and most bodybuilders will tell that gaining a lot more is impossible without roids

you weigh encrease may be a result off, fat gain, you eat more so you have more food and water in your digestiv system, perhaps your so young that you have grown some etc.

but 44 is stil twice as much as some experts say is possibel to gain without roids in that time.

BigDozer260
09-27-2005, 09:31 PM
okay, just for the record gaing 44pounds off muscle in 20 months is not possibel without roids.

10pounds of lean muscle mass a year is extremely good and most bodybuilders will tell that gaining a lot more is impossible without roids

you weigh encrease may be a result off, fat gain, you eat more so you have more food and water in your digestiv system, perhaps your so young that you have grown some etc.

but 44 is stil twice as much as some experts say is possibel to gain without roids in that time.I'll second that notion, Z you said you were eating more 800-1500 more calories, yeah you might have put on 44 lbs. I did the same thing I was 235 in october of 2000 buy February 2002 I was 265 lbs. Mind you I was alot fatter than I wanted to be, the extra calories were not being fully used so they stored themselves as fat. I worked on my body composition, but I think if you did a body fat measurement you would be surprised how much fat you actually have on you.

Pugnacious_Z
09-27-2005, 10:58 PM
i was 15yrs old and 5ft 7.7" and now im 5ft 10.5". my guts not fat at all, i can still see a six pack so how can i have high fat percentage? my six pack used to be showing just a bit more from b4, but i can still see it so its still good. i even got my measurements from the time i started until now and i can see a huge difference in body size increase. my stomach size has increased, but dats due to my stomach takin in my food and bigger rib cage

Pugnacious_Z
09-27-2005, 11:01 PM
by the way, i did the fat percentage thingy on the net, the one where u write ur waist measurement and ur weight and it tells u ur fat percentage, not sure if dats accurate but my percentage was 9%, wen i started the weigth gain diet, my percentage was 4% on the same thing

leff
09-28-2005, 09:51 AM
well 2 inces and bone development from 15-17 explains a lot of weigt.

if youve done real good id say half is muscle and thats actually DAMN GOOD.

leff
09-28-2005, 09:52 AM
ooh and thos net tests on bodyfat aint to accurate, you should seea doctor to get it all right.

Pugnacious_Z
09-28-2005, 10:15 AM
ye i didnt think they wud be, might check my fat out one day at a doctor

jack_the_rippuh
09-28-2005, 10:16 AM
When you say it sucks to be that skinny, you mean like life outside of boxing or just in general?

Pugnacious_Z
09-28-2005, 10:21 AM
jack, i know the Q aint to me, but id like to answer it, ofcoarse no1 wants to be skinny

BigDozer260
09-28-2005, 01:42 PM
The best way to measure bodyfat percentage is the seven site caliper test measuring how much fat is actually covering the muscles, not simply measuring the circumference.

09-28-2005, 05:46 PM
When you say it sucks to be that skinny, you mean like life outside of boxing or just in general?
both..........

HELLRAZAH
09-30-2005, 01:25 PM
**** that is skinny im the same height and i fight at 132 pounds