View Full Version : Leander Johnson R.I.P.

Gemini531
09-26-2005, 04:26 PM
WHen should boxers decide to retire, after this tragedy I think its time we start protect our fighters with headgear. I now think about the possibly of myself enduring the same tragic fate. :sad:

666boy666
09-26-2005, 06:35 PM
Then get out of boxing

+= El Jefe=+
09-26-2005, 06:58 PM
Then get out of boxing
everytime we get inside the ring we know the risks if you dont feel like putting yourlife in the line like that then dont get in.....

RAESAAD
09-26-2005, 07:03 PM
It is unfortunately what makes boxing such a great sport that 2 men real men have balls enough to step in there and go at it risking it all.....very sad to see any boxer injured or die but I think they knew all along that was a possibility and go out like a real warrior/Champion if that becomes a reality for them.R.I.P. LV any many more before....... :boxing:

Gemini531
09-29-2005, 04:40 PM
It aint about stepping in the ring and dying its about lessining the chance of someone else dying in the ring. Some guys have no choice. how many of yall step in the the ring on short notice. LJ wasnt the only fighter to die in the ring. Plenty have and didnt die in a title bout, they did it to "survive",thats why I think its time we start protect our fighters with headgear.

666boy666
09-29-2005, 05:00 PM
It aint about stepping in the ring and dying its about lessining the chance of someone else dying in the ring. Some guys have no choice. how many of yall step in the the ring on short notice. LJ wasnt the only fighter to die in the ring. Plenty have and didnt die in a title bout, they did it to "survive",thats why I think its time we start protect our fighters with headgear.

Then you need to get back on the short bus and grow a pair.

There's a reason they call them blood sports. If you don't like them how they are, go play baseball or golf or something.

****in' soccer moms

No one likes the fact that Johnson died, but take comfort in that he died doing what he loved to do.

A fat lineman died a while back, does that mean we should starve our football players till it looks like they are playing pee-wee?
Golfers have died, baseball players have died, hell, sitting at this computer right now, I could get electricuted, but, I'ma risk taker :)

You can't help it, those are the odds, nothing in life is safe, no point in putting padding on everything