No announcement yet.

Career accomplishments of Roberto Duran

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Career accomplishments of Roberto Duran

Im getting tired of having to relook up some of my old posts, so Im just going to go along with this instead becasue its easier to preserve and look up.

http://aaboxing.blogspot.com/2011/05...rto-duran.html
    talks about all of Duran's significant wins and legacy.

Ill likely do this for other ATG careers.

I forgot I even did this one.

Do you think Duran is the greatest Lightweight of all time?

Comment

i think he bats them all head to head...

but the other atg lw beat some better comppetition so you could rank them higher...

durans best preformance was at 147 too....

my fav fighter

Comment

Originally posted by Steak View Post
        I forgot I even did this one.

Do you think Duran is the greatest Lightweight of all time?
        I rank Whitaker, Benny Leonard, and Gans all slightly ahead of him...

I'm up in the air about who is more accomplished between Whitaker and Duran, but I think Whitaker is slightly more skilled, and I think he beats Duran in a very close fight.

I think Leonard has a better resume and better achievements than Duran, but I'd favor Duran to beat him.

Gans is the only one that I have no hesitation about ranking ahead of Duran.
        Last edited by SBleeder; 08-28-2011, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
          I rank Whitaker, Benny Leonard, and Gans all slightly ahead of him...

I'm up in the air about who is more accomplished between Whitaker and Duran, but I think Whitaker is slightly more skilled, and I think he beats Duran in a very close fight.

I think Leonard has a better resume and better achievements than Duran, but I'd favor Duran to beat him.

Gans is the only one that I have no hesitation about ranking ahead of Duran.
          All 3 of them would be in most people's top 20 pfp atg lists so no shame there. Also shows how deep the division has been

Comment

LMAO at Whitaker's and Duran's accomplishment being even close. Seriously its ridiculous to compare a guy who's best win is against freaking Julio Cesar Vasquez to Roberto Duran.

Comment

I think its pretty obvious Whitaker's best wins are Julio Cesar Chavez and Azumah Nelson, not JC Vasquez.

Comment

Originally posted by Steak View Post
                I think its pretty obvious Whitaker's best wins are Julio Cesar Chavez and Azumah Nelson, not JC Vasquez.
                LOL a draw and win against 2 guys fighting at weight classes they had no business fighting at. Come one when you have to argue that those are his best wins you know he isn't in the same universe as Roberto Duran.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
                  LOL a draw and win against 2 guys fighting at weight classes they had no business fighting at. Come one when you have to argue that those are his best wins you know he isn't in the same universe as Roberto Duran.
                  You ****ing ******. Chavez got outboxed and everyone recognizes that as a huge robbery. only you would defend that.
                  Nelson was still a worthy opponent regardless of being out of his natural weightclass.

Comment

Originally posted by young_robbed View Post
                    You ****ing ******. Chavez got outboxed and everyone recognizes that as a huge robbery. only you would defend that.
                    Nelson was still a worthy opponent regardless of being out of his natural weightclass.
                    LOL I guess Frankie Randall is as greatest fighter of all time since he was actually able to beat Chavez a couple months after the draw.

Nelson was still good but if that is your best win you shouldn't be compared to Roberto Duran

Comment

Working...
                    X