View Full Version : Carlos Monzon vs. Bob Fitzsimmons

BigStereotype
05-19-2011, 01:44 PM
Who wins this matchup of great middleweights?

IronDanHamza
05-19-2011, 01:54 PM
Bob Fitzsimmons is possibly the hardest punching Middleweight in the history of Boxing, he can end a fight with one punch, whoever infront of him. Including the likes of Monzon who had a great set of whiskers.

But, I don't see ithe KO coming. Can it? Absolutely. Will it? Again, I don't think so.

Fitzsimmons, as great as he is, I rank him as an undoubted Top 5 Middleweight, can be outboxed or outpointed.

I see Monzon getting the UD, personally.

Barn
05-19-2011, 02:24 PM
Bob Fitzsimmons is possibly the hardest punching Middleweight in the history of Boxing, he can end a fight with one punch, whoever infront of him. Including the likes of Monzon who had a great set of whiskers.

But, I don't see ithe KO coming. Can it? Absolutely. Will it? Again, I don't think so.

Fitzsimmons, as great as he is, I rank him as an undoubted Top 5 Middleweight, can be outboxed or outpointed.

I see Monzon getting the UD, personally.
I agree 100%, unless we start going into 20 round fights.

IronDanHamza
05-19-2011, 03:29 PM
I agree 100%, unless we start going into 20 round fights.

I presumed it would be a 15 rounder.

Over 15 you have to favour Fitzsimmons.

BigStereotype
05-19-2011, 03:52 PM
I presumed it would be a 15 rounder.

Over 15 you have to favour Fitzsimmons.

Yeah, I agree with that. I didn't even think about the length. Yes, a 15 round fight. I also like your take on the actual fight. Monzon could outbox Fitzsimmons I think, but Fitz probably wouldn't KO Monzon. Dude had a beard of absolute steel.

IronDanHamza
05-19-2011, 04:16 PM
Yeah, I agree with that. I didn't even think about the length. Yes, a 15 round fight. I also like your take on the actual fight. Monzon could outbox Fitzsimmons I think, but Fitz probably wouldn't KO Monzon. Dude had a beard of absolute steel.

Absolutely, he does. Monzon can take a punch.

But you can never count Fitzsimmons KO power out. He is one of the hardest punchers in the history of the sport, peroid.

I wouldn't be suprised if he knocked anyone out, especially at Middleweight.

Spartacus Sully
05-19-2011, 04:32 PM
same height similar reach neither really too fast on their feet, i give it to fitz by ko rd 13