View Full Version : A Fighter's Greatness Who CAN'T Be Denied!

Perfect Plex
05-17-2011, 01:34 PM
http://pic1.picturetrail.com/VOL1127/4877881/10071352/144135898.jpg

As you may know latelty i have been questioning alot of greats. But here's one man's greatness who can NEVER be questioned......

The man was a fearless freak of nature. This man held 3 titles at the same time, when there will ONLY 8 weight divisions in boxing and only ONE title.

While he was Featherweight Champion he went all the way up to 147 and beat ATG Barney Ross to win the title, in argubaly the greatest single win of all time.

At one point Armstrong went a straight 46-0 with 39 KO's. He avoided no one and had one of the best resume of wins over all time.

Hall Of Famers Armstrong DEFEATED
Midget Wolgast
Baby Arizmendi x3
Benny Bass
Chalky Wright
Barney Ross
Lou Ambers
Lew Jenkins x2
Fritzie Zivic
Sammy Angott
Pedro Montanez

Top Ten Rated Ring Contenders Who Armstrong DEFEATED
Davey Day
Ernie Roderick
Jimmy Garrison x4
Paul Junior x2
Joe Ghnouly
Ralph Zannelli x3
Sheik Rangel
Leo Rodak
Jimmy McDaniels
Tippy Larkin
Maxie Shapiro
Willie Joyce x2
Frankie Wills
John Thomas
Saverio Turiello x3
Al Davis
Frankie Covelli
Varias Milling x2
Bobby Levyas
Juan Zurita x2
Mike Belloise x3
Rodolfo Casanova
Tony Chavez x2
Moon Mullins
Aldo Spoldi x4
Frankie Klick
Ritchie Fontaine x2
Lew Massey
Enrique Venturi
Pete DeGrasse
Petey Sarron
Billy Beauhuld
Frankie Castillo
Everett Rightmire
Lew Feldman x2
Ceferino Garcia x2
Al Manfredo x2
Bobby Pacho x2

Barn
05-17-2011, 01:35 PM
Interesting fact for y'all. On death it was found out Armtrongs heart was 1/3 bigger than everyone elses.

I have him 4 all time. Great fighter.

BigStereotype
05-17-2011, 01:37 PM
The word "beast" gets thrown around too much when describing fighters or athletes in general. Henry Armstrong, though, was a true BEAST. Dude would bring it and bring it hard and if you couldn't keep up with him, you were in for a long (or very short...) night.

Barn
05-17-2011, 01:39 PM
The word "beast" gets thrown around too much when describing fighters or athletes in general. Henry Armstrong, though, was a true BEAST. Dude would bring it and bring it hard and if you couldn't keep up with him, you were in for a long (or very short...) night.
And he did it without even looking at you.

Daddy T
05-17-2011, 01:39 PM
mad .. when I saw the title of this thread I though hmm ... "someone who's greatness can't be denied ... I bet he's talking about Henry Armstrong"

Barn
05-17-2011, 01:43 PM
mad .. when I saw the title of this thread I though hmm ... "someone who's greatness can't be denied ... I bet he's talking about Henry Armstrong"
I thought it was Greb personally.

physiker
05-18-2011, 01:39 AM
He became a minister.

I saw him on the classic TV game show, I've Got a Secret

If I recall correctly, he stumped the panel. It was awesome.