View Full Version : Is Hitting Ta Chest illegal?

Manny_P
09-25-2005, 09:56 PM
Well, I jest hit sumone wit tha shyt and he coulnt breath fo a while and up until now, his chest bones and muscles pain him! I jest threw a straight right there and bam he was huffing fo breath.

I don't see much of pros aiming fo ta chest of opponents. I wanna know if that's illegal.

While on ta topic....is hittin ta neck illegal too? Damn, I bet I KO anyone if I land ma fist covered wit Cleto Reyes right on ta ****in neck! LOL!

RAESAAD
09-25-2005, 10:04 PM
All thats legal as far as I know it is the front part of the body.

Hunna
09-25-2005, 10:07 PM
you are allowed to punch to the chest, its normally called a"sternum punch" . I think its more done in the amatuers, it is an effective punch but not used much, becos the chest is covered up most of the time, by guard.
you are also allowed 2 punch to the neck, but dat is rarely done either. if u keep ya chin down and guard tight, u shouldnt be open 2 either punch.

Lucky466
09-25-2005, 11:22 PM
Your allowed to hit the chest. But you are not allowed to hit the neck. If you hit the neck right on the adams apple you could kill the guy.

rocco1252
09-26-2005, 02:13 PM
Well, I jest hit sumone wit tha shyt and he coulnt breath fo a while and up until now, his chest bones and muscles pain him! I jest threw a straight right there and bam he was huffing fo breath.

I don't see much of pros aiming fo ta chest of opponents. I wanna know if that's illegal.

While on ta topic....is hittin ta neck illegal too? Damn, I bet I KO anyone if I land ma fist covered wit Cleto Reyes right on ta ****in neck! LOL!
HITTING IN THE CHEST IS LEGAL HITTING IN THE NECK ILLEGAL.

SPIDERO
09-26-2005, 02:17 PM
Hitting the check is legal but id cant be very fatal if the boxer is hit in the heart or sternum, but that punch rarely has every landed clean. Most boxers aim for the head and body. I believe they know this punch is lethal so they try not to aim their.

The only illegal punch I know is hitting behind the Head or rabbit punches.

puppy_dogg
09-26-2005, 02:23 PM
i dont think the neck is actually illegal..
it happens by accident every now and then. the ref might say something if he saw you targeting it, but i doubt it. the chest is no doubt- Legal

lil floyd ended his fight with brusseles with shots to the solar plexis, its very effective if you can land their.

Old_Wise_Hippy
09-26-2005, 02:24 PM
Hitting the check is legal but id cant be very fatal if the boxer is hit in the heart or sternum, but that punch rarely has every landed clean. Most boxers aim for the head and body. I believe they know this punch is lethal so they try not to aim their.

The only illegal punch I know is hitting behind the Head or rabbit punches.
Good luck killing someone with a shot in the chest. The reason you dont see people hitting in the chest is because it's a harder area to get too, compared to the side's on the body and the head.

Also other illegal punchs you failed to mention were the kidney shot and low blows.

SPIDERO
09-26-2005, 02:45 PM
Good luck killing someone with a shot in the chest. The reason you dont see people hitting in the chest is because it's a harder area to get too, compared to the side's on the body and the head.

Also other illegal punchs you failed to mention were the kidney shot and low blows.

Those are obvious illegal punches just like you cannot hit the butt or feet.

Ya the chest is really difficult to hit, but I remember some guy getting hit in the chest during a karate demonstration and his heart stopped or lung but the guy couldnt breath.

puppy_dogg
09-26-2005, 02:54 PM

Ya the chest is really difficult to hit, but I remember some guy getting hit in the chest during a karate demonstration and his heart stopped or lung but the guy couldnt breath.

i heard of something similar happening in mma one time. supposedly a guy got drop kicked in the chest and it caved his chest in and killed him. the dude who told me that could have been bull****ting so im not sure about it. any global cats reading this? know if its true or not?

rocco1252
09-26-2005, 02:57 PM
i heard of something similar happening in mma one time. supposedly a guy got drop kicked in the chest and it caved his chest in and killed him. the dude who told me that could have been bull****ting so im not sure about it. any global cats reading this? know if its true or not?
thats karate we are talking about not boxing, unless you have a bantamweight against a heavyweight I highly doubt you will crush someone's chest in with a punch. Do I agree that it could happen yes but not in boxing so much as karate.

SPIDERO
09-26-2005, 02:58 PM

It is possible if the person has a weak ribcage I heard it may have been a knee. Their are hundreds of illegal mma underground fights going on so it is possible. In football drew bledsoe got injured by a tackle and he spit blood and he couldnt play for a while so tom brady filled in and won them the superbowl.

Old_Wise_Hippy
09-26-2005, 02:59 PM

i dont know about that especially a hit with a fist, I can see a foot crashing in someones chest but not a hand.

jabsRstiff
09-26-2005, 03:07 PM
Fighters are frequently instructed to punch at the chest, as opposed to directly at the head.

puppy_dogg
09-26-2005, 03:10 PM
thats karate we are talking about not boxing, unless you have a bantamweight against a heavyweight I highly doubt you will crush someone's chest in with a punch. Do I agree that it could happen yes but not in boxing so much as karate.

what are you talking about man?- :D
i never said a punch could do that

666boy666
09-26-2005, 03:47 PM
A hard enough hit to the chest can have much the same effect as a punch to the head. A hard enough punch can interupt the electrical signals of the heart causing it to stop, I've seen it in crash victims, but never seen it in boxing.

rocco1252
09-26-2005, 04:58 PM
what are you talking about man?- :D
i never said a punch could do that
ok i read it wrong my bad dude

SPIDERO
09-26-2005, 05:00 PM
A hard enough hit to the chest can have much the same effect as a punch to the head. A hard enough punch can interupt the electrical signals of the heart causing it to stop, I've seen it in crash victims, but never seen it in boxing.

Maybe because the gloves give cushioning to the blow?

rsl
09-27-2005, 12:20 AM
Fighters are frequently instructed to punch at the chest, as opposed to directly at the head. It has been awhile since I was seriously competing in the amateurs, but I don't think I've ever been instructed to do so in the ring, what is the strategy behind that?

Living Legend
09-27-2005, 12:34 AM
It has been awhile since I was seriously competing in the amateurs, but I don't think I've ever been instructed to do so in the ring, what is the strategy behind that?
In the fight where the prospect kendall holt got tko'd, the first kncok down came when the other guy jabbed him in the chest and fainted a second jab which made him look down for a split second and not see the right cross coming which floored him...

rsl
09-27-2005, 12:51 AM
In the fight where the prospect kendall holt got tko'd, the first kncok down came when the other guy jabbed him in the chest and fainted a second jab which made him look down for a split second and not see the right cross coming which floored him...So it's just a variation of jabbing to the stomach and usually following it up w/ a straight punch or overhand.

Manny_P
09-27-2005, 12:59 AM
i don't care man. Ima still throw ma punches on ta chest time to time. When they jab, Ima slap their jabs down wit ma left and jest throw ma straight right down in their chest!

And ta punchin on ta neck? Now I think bout it, it's kinda silly. Cuz, if you thow a nice uppacut, you kinda partially land on ta neck anyweyz.

Pugnacious_Z
09-27-2005, 01:11 AM
has any been hit in the chest with hard puncn? i have and it takes the breathe out of ya like a body shot, if it gets the right place, it can really hurt

leff
09-27-2005, 01:39 PM
the neck is illegal, the chest is not only legal it gives points.

and please dont argue about this im a ref myself.

Living Legend
09-27-2005, 01:57 PM
So it's just a variation of jabbing to the stomach and usually following it up w/ a straight punch or overhand.
I heard a trainer once say that it is a way of measuring your man...

666boy666
09-27-2005, 02:16 PM
The concept is to throw where your opponents head is going to be, not where it is. If you throw to the chest, and they duck, they get hit in the face

EXIGE
09-27-2005, 02:27 PM
The concept is to throw where your opponents head is going to be, not where it is. If you throw to the chest, and they duck, they get hit in the face
Thats the dumbest bit of advice ever given.

666boy666
09-28-2005, 03:12 AM
I'm not telling anyone to do it, I'm saying that is where the concept of throwing to the chest came from, much like a quarterback throws the football to where his WR is going to be and not where he is, it makes sense if you think about it, on the other hand, you do have a pic of the prince under your name so i don't think you have anything credible to argue :)

Kid Achilles
09-28-2005, 05:03 PM
i have and it takes the breathe out of ya like a body shot, if it gets the right place,

Last time I checked, a blow to the chest was a body shot.