View Full Version : The greatness and saddness of Jerry Quarry

JAB5239
05-16-2011, 06:45 AM
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8pARExGEOW0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

NChristo
05-16-2011, 07:09 AM
Just an amazing tribute to a great man, the best tribute I've seen actually.

Thanks for posting

Incredible.

Barn
05-16-2011, 07:14 AM
That short induction speech by him was tear wrenching. R.I.P

Pastrano
05-16-2011, 08:00 AM
There was nobody quite like him. He was a legend. It just makes me feel so sad watching this. All that punishment, all that misery and for what? No title. Promise of a title that never came true.:nonono:

$BloodyNate$
05-16-2011, 10:47 AM
That short induction speech by him was tear wrenching. R.I.P

See how Ali refused to give him anymore punishment? That seems real classy to me! :weed2:

haha just messin' wit cha. Really sad sad video. Quarry-Frazier was an all time great battle. The man was a warrior. Sad to say he never won a title but thats what you get when your in arguably the greatest Heavyweight era of all time.

New England
05-16-2011, 11:17 AM
gotta spread more rep around before i can k you again jab
but thanks for posting that

right there is the greatmaking quality of the sport

punches stay with you for the rest of your life

joseph5620
05-16-2011, 01:29 PM
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8pARExGEOW0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I've watched Youtube videos of Quarry's commentary during fights. He was very sharp and good enough to make a second career doing that. What happened to Quarry and his brother Mike was extremely tragic. Gone way too soon.

IronDanHamza
05-16-2011, 03:25 PM
I love Jerry Quarry.

I shead a few tears watching this.

bklynboy
05-16-2011, 04:00 PM
I love Jerry Quarry.

I shead a few tears watching this.

Me too. A good fighter, a good man.

Cardinalfang
05-16-2011, 05:30 PM
This is by far the best thing I've seen on thees boards. Absolutely fantastic stuff. Very moving indeed. Great great job

DarkTerror88
05-16-2011, 09:48 PM
Brought me to tears. Every person who dares call themselves a fan of boxing should give to the Jerry Quarry Foundation. We watch them kill each other in the ring, we should give them support outside of it.

An an interview i cant seem to find the source (it was a text interview) Muhhamad Ali said of Jerry Quarry after their second encounter (not immediately)

Q: Would you classify Jerry Quarry as a great white hope?
A: No, i would not classify Jerry as a great white hope. I would classify him as THE great white hope. A man with absolutely no quit in him.

Q: Do you agree with the stoppage of the fight?
A: No, i think it should have stopped earlier. I respect Jerry too much to beat him to death on his way out.

I cant find the other page. It is very faded and hard to read so i might not be exactly right but you get the gist.