View Full Version : Roy Jones vs Dwight Qawi?

Perfect Plex
05-15-2011, 11:30 PM
At 175lb. Both at there peak at 175lb. Who wins and how?

SCtrojansbaby
05-16-2011, 10:12 AM
I think Roy wins a wide decision at any weight

The_Demon
05-16-2011, 10:49 AM
Over 12 rounds id give roy the edge,over 15 i think Qawi could grind him down and get a late stoppage

CarlosG815
05-16-2011, 10:59 AM
Most definitely Roy Jones.

joseph5620
05-16-2011, 03:08 PM
At 175lb. Both at there peak at 175lb. Who wins and how?

I think Jones would have beaten Qawi fairly easily for a decision.The speed would be a factor in this one. I think it's a bad style match up for Qawi.

IronDanHamza
05-16-2011, 03:27 PM
I got Roy.

Clear UD.

I agree with Jospeh it's a real mad style match up for Qawi.

mr.thraz
05-17-2011, 12:14 PM
anyone who felt Roy's speed and accuracy early and kept pressing got K.O.ed.

there was no quit in Qawi and he would have kept coming forward, forcing Jones to open up more.

i would be surprised if that fight would see the 5th round.

jabsRstiff
05-17-2011, 02:11 PM
Qawi was a tough guy to get to...with his already down-low chin tucked in....and he had an incredible jab for a guy his size. But, Roy would simply flurry and move, flurry and move to a rather easy decision.

This fight could actually stink.

Perfect Plex
05-17-2011, 02:49 PM
Is Qawi getting counted a little bit to much here? He took a Cruiserweight Holyfield to a SD, and did KO ATG LHW Sadd Muhhamad x2 and beat a bunch of top contenders also.

joseph5620
05-17-2011, 03:00 PM
Is Qawi getting counted a little bit to much here? He took a Cruiserweight Holyfield to a SD, and did KO ATG LHW Sadd Muhhamad x2 and beat a bunch of top contenders also.

Completely different style match-ups as well as the fact that Saad Muhammad was nearing the end of his career. Holyfield had only 11 pro fights when he beat Qawi the first time. That was not Holyfield at his best. Qawi was an excellent light heavyweight but facing a prime Roy Jones is a stylistic nightmare for him.

BigStereotype
05-17-2011, 03:26 PM
This is just a class difference. Qawi could have a moment or two, but Roy Jones is out of his league. Wide UD.

mikeyh1015
05-17-2011, 03:31 PM
roy Pop, pop, Pops on woods face

Perfect Plex
05-17-2011, 03:34 PM
Completely different style match-ups as well as the fact that Saad Muhammad was nearing the end of his career. Holyfield had only 11 pro fights when he beat Qawi the first time. That was not Holyfield at his best. Qawi was an excellent light heavyweight but facing a prime Roy Jones is a stylistic nightmare for him.

But what about the trouble Montell Griffin give him with his low crouch style in there 1st fight?

jabsRstiff
05-17-2011, 03:38 PM
But what about the trouble Montell Griffin give him with his low crouch style in there 1st fight?

Montell was very awkward, while Qawi is not. Qawi is far superior to Griffin, but doesn't give the strange angles and movement Montell did that first fight. Jones also overlooked Griffin the first time, which he proved in their second fight. No way Jones overlooks an awesome fighter like Qawi!

Perfect Plex
05-17-2011, 03:40 PM
Montell was very awkward, while Qawi is not. Qawi is far superior to Griffin, but doesn't give the strange angles and movement Montell did that first fight. Jones also overlooked Griffin the first time, which he proved in their second fight. No way Jones overlooks an awesome fighter like Qawi!

A 5''5 LHW who fight's from a low crouch to make himself smaller and has a unqiue way of moving his head to different to angles to avoid punchers isn't awkward?

SCtrojansbaby
05-17-2011, 03:47 PM

Roy was taking it easy for most of the 1st Griffin fight when he turned it up he put Griffin on his azz

joseph5620
05-17-2011, 03:52 PM

I personally don't think Griffin and Qawi fight anything alike. Qawi is a lot more offensive minded than Griffin which would lead to a lot more opportunities for Jones.

jabsRstiff
05-17-2011, 04:06 PM
A 5''5 LHW who fight's from a low crouch to make himself smaller and has a unqiue way of moving his head to different to angles to avoid punchers isn't awkward?

It's unusual, but not awkward. Qawi did everything by the book....very effectively. Griffin did more of the kind of stuff that you have to adapt to as a fight goes on. Jones figured him out by the 9th round of the first fight, and that's why the rematch only went two minutes.

physiker
05-17-2011, 09:30 PM
The Qawi of Holyfield I seemed to be an infinite absorber who continuously came forward with great offense. I think he gives Jones more trouble than people realize.

Dynamite76
08-19-2012, 05:10 PM
Let's be real.This version of Qawi had a granite chin, and constant aggression.Jones could win this fight, but something tells me as the later rounds come on, he's going to get sloppy, and that when Dwight gets him.He takes Roy out somewhere between the 11th and 13th round.