View Full Version : 10 rounds of sparring 6 days a week

ralph22
05-15-2011, 03:10 AM
is this alot cuz thats what my idol jcc sr did 10 rounds of sparring 6 days a week wat ya'l think?

paulsinghnl
05-15-2011, 05:05 AM
well that's good for pro's, for all the experience. but it's also detrimental, cuz you're taking a lot of damage. think about it: 10 rounds for 6 days a week, how many blows to the head and body is that? not healthy.

unless you really are gonna be a fighter, i wouldn't do that. or else that'd be bad for ur future, right? busted kidneys, head injuries, liver shots, shots to the bladder etc.

ralph22
05-15-2011, 05:23 AM
well that's good for pro's, for all the experience. but it's also detrimental, cuz you're taking a lot of damage. think about it: 10 rounds for 6 days a week, how many blows to the head and body is that? not healthy.

unless you really are gonna be a fighter, i wouldn't do that. or else that'd be bad for ur future, right? busted kidneys, head injuries, liver shots, shots to the bladder etc.

im not trying it just asking maybe thats the reason jcc sr was so dam good

boxingsmash69
05-15-2011, 06:30 AM
It does seem excessive, all those rounds of sparring a week, wow.

And to add, Jose Luis Castillo was one of Chavez's primary sparring partners.

Operation: Gym Wars.

Bullrush
05-15-2011, 06:47 AM
margarito is sparring 3 times per week leading up to a fight

and i know that freddie roach does the same with all his fighters, after every sparring its 1 day rest. so he does 3 sparring sessions per week as well

6 sounds stupid, your body needs rest at some point

Cassius Liston
05-15-2011, 08:12 AM
Chavez never got hurt with small gloves and no headgear... are you suprised he can take 60 rounds of pain a week... I'm not

RurouniYume
05-15-2011, 02:30 PM
depends on the intensity, a very intense 15 rounds is something you should do once or twice a week maybe. Light sessions just to brush up on skills are fine

..David..
05-15-2011, 04:25 PM
depends on the intensity, a very intense 15 rounds is something you should do once or twice a week maybe. Light sessions just to brush up on skills are fine

Hahahaha are u guys serious ? thats just delusional.

JCC its a legend, guys take it easy everything comes with time, just listen to your trainer and as u get better the training will intensify too.

Sparring 6 days a week 10 rounds each sparring , or very intense 15 rounds once a week its just delusional unless you are getting ready for a world title fight. And even then not many can pull off trainings like this without getting injured or over trained.

I am not trying to be a jerk i am just saying ... Guys dont be delusional start with small goals and little by little ull see progress.

barfly12
05-16-2011, 04:45 PM
The two heavyweight champs whose training revolved around sparring were Dempsey and Tyson. Neither one of them sparred that many rounds. You will just burn yourself out. Your body cannot recuperate fast enough with all that sparring. I would say six rounds per day, five days per week is max. Various though, depending on intensity and quality of the sparring partners. Both Tyson and Dempsey sparred with real intensity.

ralph22
05-16-2011, 08:08 PM
<object width="640" height="510"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/RMcXR3uriaY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/RMcXR3uriaY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="510" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
2:31

ralph22
05-16-2011, 08:09 PM
rember the guy was a lion

red boy
05-17-2011, 06:03 AM
Ive done 19 rounds of sparring since last monday and my nose is all over the place haha. Will prob have done close to 30 rounds by my last session on Thursday...do you think that is too much?

Cuauhtémoc1520
05-17-2011, 10:27 AM
There's no way Chavez sparred 10 rounds 6 days a week. Show a link or some proof because not only would that be ridiculous it would be stupid. Leading up to a fight a pro doesn't want to take unnecessary risks like getting cut or hurt.

I'm sure he sparred a lot but 10 rounds a day for 6 days? Doubt that....

ralph22
05-20-2011, 08:38 PM
There's no way Chavez sparred 10 rounds 6 days a week. Show a link or some proof because not only would that be ridiculous it would be stupid. Leading up to a fight a pro doesn't want to take unnecessary risks like getting cut or hurt.

I'm sure he sparred a lot but 10 rounds a day for 6 days? Doubt that....

go look at the prime chavez and you'l see it is true the guy was a lion by the way in the video i posted lampley says it one of julio's biggest haters

New England
05-20-2011, 09:14 PM
Hahahaha are u guys serious ? thats just delusional.

JCC its a legend, guys take it easy everything comes with time, just listen to your trainer and as u get better the training will intensify too.

Sparring 6 days a week 10 rounds each sparring , or very intense 15 rounds once a week its just delusional unless you are getting ready for a world title fight. And even then not many can pull off trainings like this without getting injured or over trained.

I am not trying to be a jerk i am just saying ... Guys dont be delusional start with small goals and little by little ull see progress.

quoted for truth

if you spar 10 rounds a day, 6 days a week you'll be in a wheelchair by your 40th birthday.

whoever told you that chavez sparred 60 rounds a week regularly is full of *****

do the math if you really want to
lets say he spars for four weeks of training
sixty rounds a week, four weeks, 240 rounds (no ****ing way he sparred 240 rounds.)

he fought all the time over a lengthy career, so you're talking about sparring 240 rounds many times to prepare for a fight
and he had 115 fights...

that's over 27 THOUSAND rounds of sparring in a lifetime (including only his professional career at said rate.)

so yeah, whoever told you that is foolish and shouldn't be trusted.

ralph22
05-23-2011, 05:17 PM
yal say that gets you all cut and **** in 89 fights did chavez ever had a mark in his face after fights

Cuauhtémoc1520
05-24-2011, 05:27 PM
go look at the prime chavez and you'l see it is true the guy was a lion by the way in the video i posted lampley says it one of julio's biggest haters

Did you just tell me to go watch a prime Chavez......

Hahahaha

ralph22
05-27-2011, 03:21 AM
Did you just tell me to go watch a prime Chavez......

Hahahaha

1 of a kind fighter since him there has nevr been a greater fighter.he had 2 do some difrent than other fighters

SplitSecond
05-27-2011, 07:57 AM
what do you need the brain damage for?

Rockin'
05-27-2011, 08:29 AM
60 rounds a week is too much. Sure it can be done but in about 1-1/2 years your going to be looking at a burnt out fighter if that's his regular gym work. I could see 60 rounds in a week and only one week when the fights maybe 3 weeks off or so but then you would have to taper it off or you'd leave your fight in the gym................Rockin':boxing:

New England
05-27-2011, 09:48 AM
rember the guy was a lion

that's about as relevant a statement as andre berto's idiotic brother telling him he needed to "be an assassin" against ortiz

if he had only been an assassin, as instructed by his brother, he would have won the fight!:owned:

Equilibrium
05-27-2011, 09:56 AM
Dude i sparred 12 rounds yesterday, 3 guys 4 rounds each. My head hurts from my headgear being too tight. My arms hurt from throwing so many punches, my hands hurt from landing so many punches.

I try to do that atleast twice a week. But i couldn't do it every day, **** that.

mr.thraz
05-27-2011, 11:09 AM
when i was a bout 15 i sparred everyday, not "10 rounds of sparring 6 days a week."

it was every-time i went to the gym, which was like 4 or 5 rounds 3-5 times a week, mostly 5.

i did this against my trainers wishes.

if there was someone from another gym coming i wanted him.

i was looking for someone who could do things to me i had never seen before so i could learn to deal with it.

i learned alot and got extremely sharp, it taught me the lessons of boxing that still govern my style to this day.

i also started up talking slow for about a year.

i could think fast, but when i tried to say something it came out slow and deliberate, like i had just learned to speak.

people who didn't know me thought i was special when first meeting me.

it was extremely frustrating to having to get across to people that I'm not stupid, i just can speak fast.

my folks were worried, and my trainer wouldn't let me be in the gym unless he was there, i got no more "hot sparring" which was something i lived for, i could only do supervised sparring where he blew a whistle every-time there was an exchange.

after that i never trained at that frequency again unless it was to get ready for a fight.

the problem went away in about a year. i guess whatever part of the brain i damaged rewired itself cause i speak fine now.

there are rules to boxing and they're there for a reason.

you spar 2-3 times a week no more unless your getting ready for a fight.

gym war are cool but not every day.

you body can only take so much and you don't wanna use it up in a sport , any sport!

killsomething
06-02-2011, 11:29 PM
Yes, it's a lot. Too much.