05-14-2011, 12:06 PM
gentlemen?

SCtrojansbaby
05-14-2011, 12:13 PM
Would be about the 5th best guy in the division

CarlosG815
05-14-2011, 12:25 PM
Would be about the 5th best guy in the division

After who? I can see being behind May and Pac, but after that he has a good shot at being #3.

Honeyghan was a beast.

Daddy T
05-14-2011, 12:30 PM
floyd and manny school him obviously but he'd be even money against the gaggle of guys between 3-5 below them

SCtrojansbaby
05-14-2011, 01:45 PM
The late 80s was absolutely terrible era for welterweights I think Mike Jones would use his superior athleticism and length and out box him.

and before you go well Jones hasn't beaten anybody the whole point is we are projecting, nobody has beaten anybody until they fight someone

JAB5239
05-14-2011, 03:59 PM
The late 80s was absolutely terrible era for welterweights I think Mike Jones would use his superior athleticism and length and out box him.

and before you go well Jones hasn't beaten anybody the whole point is we are projecting, nobody has beaten anybody until they fight someone

Do you even follow boxing? You need to do some research before opening your mouth sometimes. Are you really trying to say an era with Marlon Starling, Simon Brown, Mark Breland, Roger Mayweather, Buddy McGirt and Aaron Davis was terrible? :lol1:

SCtrojansbaby
05-14-2011, 04:48 PM
Do you even follow boxing? You need to do some research before opening your mouth sometimes. Are you really trying to say an era with Marlon Starling, Simon Brown, Mark Breland, Roger Mayweather, Buddy McGirt and Aaron Davis was terrible? :lol1:

#1 Mayweather, Buddy McGirt and Aaron Davis were not part of that era of welterweights

#2 Marlon Starling is the only guy from that era who could compete with the tops guys from most other eras IMO

The_Demon
05-14-2011, 04:51 PM
He would be no.3 behind manny and mayweather

Pastrano
05-14-2011, 05:02 PM
He destroys Manny, steroids or no steroids. Floyd would be another story, but I give Lloyd a good chance to stop Floyd. With his speed, power and reflexes, even Floyd would have a rough night.

JAB5239
05-14-2011, 05:17 PM
#1 Mayweather, Buddy McGirt and Aaron Davis were not part of that era of welterweights

#2 Marlon Starling is the only guy from that era who could compete with the tops guys from most other eras IMO

You're sure about that?

http://boxrec.com/media/index.php/The_Ring_Magazine%27s_Annual_Ratings:_1989

http://boxrec.com/media/index.php/The_Ring_Magazine%27s_Annual_Ratings:_1988

http://boxrec.com/media/index.php/The_Ring_Magazine%27s_Annual_Ratings:_1987

CarlosG815
05-14-2011, 05:42 PM
He destroys Manny, steroids or no steroids. Floyd would be another story, but I give Lloyd a good chance to stop Floyd. With his speed, power and reflexes, even Floyd would have a rough night.

The difference maker in this fight is Manny does not gas out. I'm not so sure he'd beat Manny with his superhuman stamina. If the old Manny who would gas like a normal person came back, then yes, I think Honeyghan beats him, but Manny today just has a never ending reserve of energy and that's going to be tough to deal with.

IronDanHamza
05-14-2011, 05:56 PM
He would be #3 behind Mayweather and Pacqiauo.

I don't see him beating those two, though.

SCtrojansbaby
05-14-2011, 06:05 PM
Honeyghan isn't in the same class a fighter as Pacquiao it wouldn't even be a competitive fight

JAB5239
05-14-2011, 06:15 PM
Honeyghan isn't in the same class a fighter as Pacquiao it wouldn't even be a competitive fight

With all due respect to Manny, who's he fought at 147 that is even comparable to a prime, undefeated Donal Curry?

Pastrano
05-14-2011, 06:19 PM

:rofl: More wisdom words from you. Honeyghan was a TRUE WELTER and raped DONALD CURRY for the title. The bout was so onesided, everyone was shocked. Curry managed to win a round, maybe 2 but even thats generous to give him. Honeyghan also koed Gene Hatcher in like 45 seconds. Hatcher beat Bumphus and was the 140 pound champion.

Honeyghan was not a product of steroids, like the 140-147 Manny Pacquiao is. He'd beat him anyway. History showed us only clever, defensive geniuses like Starling could beat a prime Honeyghan. Ignore that BS loss to Vaca.

IronDanHamza
05-14-2011, 06:24 PM
With all due respect to Manny, who's he fought at 147 that is even comparable to a prime, undefeated Donal Curry?

That was an excellent and shocking win.

talip bin osman
05-14-2011, 08:29 PM

commenting on things one has no idea about is so NSB...:)

anyway, i think honeyghan is the better welterweight than both PBF & MP, but not in a P4P sense...

a prime honeyghan today i think is good for a welterweight title or two and beat MP... but PBF will be quite a challenge...

donald curry though quite a good counter-puncher himself is significantly different from PBF... PBF employs an excellent defense ( a forte he shares with honeyghan conqueror starling) and much craftier overall than curry...

i think it will be a technical chessmatch in the early going until PBF potshots his way to a boring victory...

Scott9945
05-14-2011, 09:22 PM
:rofl: More wisdom words from you. Honeyghan was a TRUE WELTER and raped DONALD CURRY for the title. The bout was so onesided, everyone was shocked. Curry managed to win a round, maybe 2 but even thats generous to give him. Honeyghan also koed Gene Hatcher in like 45 seconds. Hatcher beat Bumphus and was the 140 pound champion.

Honeyghan was not a product of steroids, like the 140-147 Manny Pacquiao is. He'd beat him anyway. History showed us only clever, defensive geniuses like Starling could beat a prime Honeyghan. Ignore that BS loss to Vaca.

You have zero proof that Pacquiao has ever taken PED's. Honeyghan couldn't have beaten Pac or Floyd on their worst days. He'd be maybe a little better than the other welterweight contenders right now.

SCtrojansbaby
05-15-2011, 04:35 AM

The past his prime Margarito that Manny faced is as good or better then Honeyghan and Curry.

JAB5239
05-15-2011, 05:17 AM
The past his prime Margarito that Manny faced is as good or better then Honeyghan and Curry.

Lol, because he beat better fighters? :lol1: Come on now SC, you said none of the guys I named were top welters in the late 80's either. You just need to polish up up your history before making such claims bro. It's all good though!

SCtrojansbaby
05-15-2011, 12:44 PM
Lol, because he beat better fighters? :lol1: Come on now SC, you said none of the guys I named were top welters in the late 80's either. You just need to polish up up your history before making such claims bro. It's all good though!

Can you read? I said Mayweather Mcgirt and Davis were not top welterweight and that is because they weren't.

Mayweather's first fight at welter was in 1994
Mcgirt's first fight at welter was in 89
Aaron Davis was still a prospect he didn't fight for a title until 91

So yeah I think you're the one who needs to polish up bro

New England
05-15-2011, 01:34 PM

i see marlon all the time at the big fights around here

he looks great! he's always dressed to the nines in the coolest suits and hats you can imagine

to address the idea that the 80's was a weak WW era (without mentioning any of the names that came about later in the decade...)

leonard fought hearns for the first time as a WW in 81

fought duran for the first time (in a fight many consider one of the classiest showings ever for WW's,) at WW in '80
again for no mas in '80 in an immediate rematch

those are three first ballot HOFers fighting each other in their primes within the first two years of the decade...
and leonard and hearns were at their best at WW

New England
05-15-2011, 01:39 PM

i find it shocking that somebody who spends ample time around the sport could spit out such nonsense

you cannot be serious!

all margarito has going for him is size and one of the chins i've ever seen. otherwise he's pedestrian

SCtrojansbaby
05-15-2011, 01:44 PM
i find it shocking that somebody who spends ample time around the sport could spit out such nonsense

you cannot be serious!

all margarito has going for him is size and one of the chins i've ever seen. otherwise he's pedestrian

Size and a chin is all he needs to be as good as Honeghan and Curry they are far from special

Ziggy Stardust
05-15-2011, 01:46 PM
Can you read? I said Mayweather Mcgirt and Davis were not top welterweight and that is because they weren't.

Sorry dude, but Junior Welter = Welter so both McGirt and Mayweather were top Welters in the late 80s. Old school 8 or they don't rate :bringit9:

Poet

New England
05-15-2011, 01:47 PM
Size and a chin is all he needs to be as good as Honeghan and Curry they are far from special

i need some air

Ziggy Stardust
05-15-2011, 01:49 PM
i need some air

And maybe a drink too :chuckle9:

SCtrojansbaby
05-15-2011, 01:56 PM
Sorry dude, but Junior Welter = Welter so both McGirt and Mayweather were top Welters in the late 80s. Old school 8 or they don't rate :bringit9:

Poet

welterweight is welterweight
light weltweight is light welterweight

One is 140 pounds the other is 147 they aren't the same, do you have mental issues or something?

New England
05-15-2011, 02:08 PM
And maybe a drink too :chuckle9:

brother you aint kidding

Ziggy Stardust
05-15-2011, 02:10 PM
welterweight is welterweight
light weltweight is light welterweight

One is 140 pounds the other is 147 they aren't the same, do you have mental issues or something?

There are 8 legitimate weight classes:
Heavyweight
Light-Heavyweight
Middleweight
Welterweight
Lightweight
Featherweight
Bantamweight
Flyweight

Any "weight class" tagged with "Junior" or "Super" are bogus and illegitimate existing only to line the coffers of the Alphabet groups with sanctioning fees.

Now, since apparently comprehension isn't your strong suit, you might want to think twice about "mental issues" since it's pretty obvious you have your own personal struggles with "retard issues" :jerk0ff9:

Poet

JAB5239
05-15-2011, 05:13 PM

"The late 80s was absolutely terrible era for welterweights"

"#1 Mayweather, Buddy McGirt and Aaron Davis were not part of that era of welterweights"

These are your quotes, right? Now go back and check the links I provided for The Rings top 10 welterweight standings for the year 1987, '88 and '89 and you will find all the names I mentioned among the rankings at various times during that period.

Don't worry about thanking me.

SCtrojansbaby
05-15-2011, 06:57 PM
"The late 80s was absolutely terrible era for welterweights"

"#1 Mayweather, Buddy McGirt and Aaron Davis were not part of that era of welterweights"

These are your quotes, right? Now go back and check the links I provided for The Rings top 10 welterweight standings for the year 1987, '88 and '89 and you will find all the names I mentioned among the rankings at various times during that period.

Don't worry about thanking me.

My god what is so hard to understand? Do you have ADD?

Mayweather's first fight at welter weight was in 1994

Mcgirts first fight at welterweight was in May of 1989

Aaron Davis was still a prospect. In November of 1989 he was winning the NABF title from a guy who 15-10

JAB5239
05-15-2011, 07:09 PM
My god what is so hard to understand? Do you have ADD?

Mayweather's first fight at welter weight was in 1994

Mcgirts first fight at welterweight was in May of 1989

Aaron Davis was still a prospect. In November of 1989 he was winning the NABF title from a guy who 15-10

WHAT IS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND? All were ranked by The Ring in the late 80's.

McGirt started his career at welterweight.

Davis also beat A former world champion and a guy who would become a champion (albeit controversially) in 1989.

You've claimed these fighters were not part of that era. You've been proved wrong.

SCtrojansbaby
05-15-2011, 07:29 PM
WHAT IS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND? All were ranked by The Ring in the late 80's.

McGirt started his career at welterweight.

Davis also beat A former world champion and a guy who would become a champion (albeit controversially) in 1989.

You've claimed these fighters were not part of that era. You've been proved wrong.

Oh look you finally bothered to look these things up that is why you stopped claiming Mayweather who didn't become a welterweight until 1994

Mcgirt was a light welterweight from 1984 to May of 1989. How the heck does that in your mind make him a top welterweight of the late 80s

Davis beat the following guys in 1989
Russell Mitchel
Gene Hatcher
Anthony Willaims
Jose Torres
Luis Santana
Jose Laercio Bezerra de Lima

NONE OF THEM EVER HELD THE WELTERWEIGHT WBA WBO WBC IBF or IBO titles.

JAB5239
05-15-2011, 07:42 PM
Oh look you finally bothered to look these things up that is why you stopped claiming Mayweather who didn't become a welterweight until 1994

Mcgirt was a light welterweight from 1984 to May of 1989. How the heck does that in your mind make him a top welterweight of the late 80s

Davis beat the following guys in 1989
Russell Mitchel
Gene Hatcher
Anthony Willaims
Jose Torres
Luis Santana
Jose Laercio Bezerra de Lima

NONE OF THEM EVER HELD THE WELTERWEIGHT WBA WBO WBC IBF or IBO titles.

You really aren't that sharp, are you? Between 1984 and 1989 McGirt fought ABOVE the 140 LIMIT on 24 occasions. For the learning impaired, ANYTHING above 140 is considered welterweight.

In 1987 and '88 Roger Mayweather is ranked in the top 10 of the Rings Rankings. Aaron Davis is ranked in 1989. These are FACTS!! Youi cannot change them. Unless of course you're claiming to be wiser and more knowledgeable the The Rings rating committee. Is that what you're claiming?

SCtrojansbaby
05-15-2011, 08:29 PM
You really aren't that sharp, are you? Between 1984 and 1989 McGirt fought ABOVE the 140 LIMIT on 24 occasions. For the learning impaired, ANYTHING above 140 is considered welterweight.

In 1987 and '88 Roger Mayweather is ranked in the top 10 of the Rings Rankings. Aaron Davis is ranked in 1989. These are FACTS!! Youi cannot change them. Unless of course you're claiming to be wiser and more knowledgeable the The Rings rating committee. Is that what you're claiming?

OH MY GOD how stupid are you?

Roger Mayweather had his first fight at welterweight in 1994 How the hell can he be ranked as top 10 welterweight in 1987 and 88. What heck is wrong with you?

As for Mcgirt

http://imageshack.us/m/832/2928/unledsfv.png

Where are the welterweight fights.... thats right they don't exist Mcgirt was not a welterweight what hell don't you get?

Aaron Davis was prospect in 1989 and yes prospects do get ranked sometimes. Does not change the fact that every meaningful fight he had was in the 90s

JAB5239
05-15-2011, 08:37 PM

Roger Mayweather had his first fight at welterweight in 1994 How the hell can he be ranked as top 10 welterweight in 1987 and 88. What heck is wrong with you?

I guess you're going to have to speak to The Rings rating committee than, because it is FACT he was rated in the top 10 welterweights for those years. Who knows more, you ot The Ring?

As for Mcgirt

Where are the welterweight fights.... thats right they don't exist Mcgirt was not a welterweight what hell don't you get?

Thank you for proving me right with this visual. More than half the fights you have shown are OVER the 140 limit. That makes them welterweight fights.

Aaron Davis was prospect in 1989 and yes prospects do get ranked sometimes. Does not change the fact that every meaningful fight he had was in the 90s

TOP 10 RATED CONTENDER!! You can't change the FACTS!!!

$BloodyNate$
05-15-2011, 08:41 PM
Him vs Pac would be pretty freakin' crazy, two freight trains going at it. If anybody would test that man's chin it'd be Honeyghan. Definitely probably be a fight of the year candidate but I'd probably pick Pac because of the angles he gives you and speed.

Floyd would probably out point him for a decision too. So I'd say 3rd best fighter in the division. He'd give both them boys hell though! if he landed the same shot Mosley did he could probably KO him though.

Would be some freakin great fights.

$BloodyNate$
05-15-2011, 08:42 PM

As for Mcgirt

LMAO Boxingrec warrior. Watch some fights brah. Learn yourself. It's awesome :boxing:

Then theirs less chance you look like a damn fool.

Scott9945
05-15-2011, 08:47 PM

Apparently you have no idea how good Donald Curry was in his prime. :nonono:

Margarito would have been merely target practice for him.

Ziggy Stardust
05-15-2011, 09:11 PM
LMAO Boxingrec warrior. Watch some fights brah. Learn yourself. It's awesome :boxing:

Then theirs less chance you look like a damn fool.

No chance of that Nate :hahahaha9: The damn fool is determined to get pwned on a daily basis :rofl9:

Poet