View Full Version : Royler Gracie-Eddie Bravo BJJ rematch to happen at ADCC this year

Clegg
05-13-2011, 03:46 PM
Not sure if anyone else has any interest in this but it should be very interesting to see.

Congrats to Bravo for only taking 8 years to fight again. I hope Royler chokes him out...

$BloodyNate$
05-13-2011, 04:05 PM
Eddie Bravo can be cool every now and then except saying dumb ***** like "weed is a performance enhancer". Thats the type of ***** that got Diaz's win over Gomi overturned.

I like how he created a lot of moves and I miss him on the UFC Broadcast even though they cut him out a minute ago.

It's gonna be interesting to see who wins this. Both are old as ***** now haha.

Big BRICKS
05-13-2011, 04:55 PM
Hard to tell who takes this after so many years. I hope it's a war like their first match.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Y4ASonA9t6c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

kaps
05-13-2011, 07:50 PM
Royler been studying the rubber guard?

Anthony342
05-14-2011, 12:50 AM
Wow a Gracie actually tapped out? I thought they'd rather pass out from a choke hold or have a limb broken than tap? Isn't that pretty rare?

$BloodyNate$
05-14-2011, 12:58 AM
Wow a Gracie actually tapped out? I thought they'd rather pass out from a choke hold or have a limb broken than tap? Isn't that pretty rare?

I think it use to before the whole world caught the **** up to them in skill level on the ground ha.

Clegg
05-14-2011, 01:14 AM

Yeah it was a big deal, not sure if it was the first time ever a Gracie tapped out but I think it was the first time since Royce won the early UFC events and the family got worldwide acclaim.

I'm surprised that Royler tapped to a triangle but not a kimura vs Sak. I know which one I'd rather get caught in (though obviously both are going to hurt like **** at the highest level)

$BloodyNate$
05-14-2011, 01:28 AM
I actually can't wait until Ryan Gracie makes it into the UFC when the companies merge. He could be a problem at Light Heavyweight one day if he works on his striking a little more. Lot of wrestlers like Rashad, Bader, Davis, and Ortiz who will just take you down for 3 rounds. Hes atleast stands a chance off his back. Jon Jones got some long limbs too so he just need hang onto one of them for dear life haha

Clegg
05-14-2011, 01:42 AM
Man, I just read online (after seeing what Nate wrote) that Roger is set to fight King Mo on the undercard of Fedor-Hendo. That's a real test for both of them.

I think that's a great card, but it might have come too soon for him. I know he'll never be a great striker but with some time he could become a bit more fluid than he is now and maybe learn to use his size better as he's a few inches taller than Mo.

I also can see it being a boring fight. Roger won't be able to take Mo down, and Mo won't want to take Roger down, so it'll be two grapplers having a sub-par striking match. Hopefully I'm wrong, Maia was able to take Sonnen down and I'm sure there are other examples.

$BloodyNate$
05-14-2011, 01:46 AM
O ***** for real? LMAO That was random as hell. I didn't even know that haha. Good good *****.

Yeah I don't really like Roger in this match up. If he can't get Mo down then he's screwed which he won't be able too. King Mo has some power in his hands so he'll probably knock him the **** out. Honestly King Mo should go to Rampage's old trainer Ibarera as a boxing coach so he could get some nice hands like Page.

He ain't tough like Rampage though when it comes to taking punches so it'll probably be a nice little win but once he gets into the UFC King MO won't do much better I think.

TBEC2
05-14-2011, 01:25 PM
Hell yea Royler is gonna crush Bravo this time.

I got no problem with the 10th planet system ive incorporated alot of its moves into my style but 10th planet moves often require certain prerequisites such as needing to have long limbs to pull off this move or needing to be super flexible to pull off that move, as opposed to the Gracie style in which none are needed.

Anyway cant wait to see this one, i agree with Nate Ryan in the ufc after a few more fights will be a site to see.

Anthony342
05-15-2011, 04:56 AM
Yeah it was a big deal, not sure if it was the first time ever a Gracie tapped out but I think it was the first time since Royce won the early UFC events and the family got worldwide acclaim.

I'm surprised that Royler tapped to a triangle but not a kimura vs Sak. I know which one I'd rather get caught in (though obviously both are going to hurt like **** at the highest level)

Yeah Royler didn't tap to Sak's kimura. Didn't Renzo also get caught in a kimura by Sakuraba? He didn't tap either or Royce when Matt Hughes twisted his arm and tried for a keylock. Or is it kilock?

Clegg
05-15-2011, 12:57 PM
Yeah, Royce looked like he was fully prepared to get his arm broken rather than tap. He got choked out before vs Wallid Ismail and one of the Japanese judo fighters (can't recall the guy's name atm) and he didn't tap either time.

Speaking of which, I hope Royler-Bravo ends in a submission. A points win either way would be a bit dissapointing to me.

kaps
05-15-2011, 01:01 PM
Yeah, Royce looked like he was fully prepared to get his arm broken rather than tap. He got choked out before vs Wallid Ismail and one of the Japanese judo fighters (can't recall the guy's name atm) and he didn't tap either time.

Speaking of which, I hope Royler-Bravo ends in a submission. A points win either way would be a bit dissapointing to me.

He wasn't out vs Yoshida. Yoshida had him in a clock choke and told the ref Royce was out......

Anthony342
05-15-2011, 03:26 PM
He wasn't out vs Yoshida. Yoshida had him in a clock choke and told the ref Royce was out......

What's a clock choke? I thought Yoshida smothered him with his torso, causing the ref to stop the fight. I remember Gracie was angry, claiming he didn't tap, but nobody claimed he did, it was just stopped. Must've been a technical submission. It was later changed to a no contest.

kaps
05-15-2011, 03:32 PM
What's a clock choke? I thought Yoshida smothered him with his torso, causing the ref to stop the fight. I remember Gracie was angry, claiming he didn't tap, but nobody claimed he did, it was just stopped. Must've been a technical submission. It was later changed to a no contest.

It's a gi choke, no Yoshida was telling the Ref "He's out." That's why it was stopped.

Fast forward to about 2:20 and you can see Yoshida telling the ref he's out...

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/e3sSVUXqKwU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Clegg
05-15-2011, 03:35 PM
Maybe he wasn't out, but to me it looked like he might be or at least as if he is fading, because his arm starts to go limp at his side. When people are being choked they don't let their arms just rest their at their sides, they use them to defend. Even if the choke is tight they try something with their arms.

I'm not saying he was out, but it's stange he reacted that way to the choke.