View Full Version : Dan Hardy Vs. Chris Lytle On For 'UFC On Versus 5'

blaze778
05-11-2011, 05:39 PM
http://www.fightline.com/fl/news/2011/0511/539521/dan-hardy/

Source: ESPN UK
ESPN UK today reports that a welterweight match up between go-for-broke brawlers Chris Lytle and Dan Hardy is being scheduled for UFC on Versus 5 later this summer.

Both men are known for throwing caution to the wind and engaging in knock-down drag-out fights -- the kind which earn bonuses and please both fans and promoters -- and with both men coming off of frustrating losses, UFC president Dana White told ESPN UK that he is expecting nothing less than a barnburner.

"This is a great fight -- two of the most exciting fighters in the welterweight division who've both got a lot on the line. Hardy has a fan friendly style and is looking forward to an all-out war," he said. "He actually asked Lytle for this fight because he wants to take on a guy who is known for having absolute wars. This is another very dangerous fight for Dan. Lytle has won the Fight of the Night bonus a record five times. He's also won KO of the Night and Submission of the Night twice, more bonuses than any fighter in the UFC.

"Both guys love to throw down and go for it. This could be one of the best fights of the year and I'm pumped to see it."

After putting together four consecutive wins to start his UFC career and earn a title shot, Hardy has gone on a three-fight losing skid, which was kicked off by his unanimous decision loss to champion Georges St. Pierre. A first round knockout to Carlos Condit and another frustrating unanimous decision loss to Anthony Johnson later and "The Outlaw" is likely in a position where he'll be fighting Lytle for his job.

Longtime MMA veteran Chris Lytle was on his way to climbing back up the welterweight ranks when he met Brian Ebersole at UFC 127 earlier this year in Australia. Though his performance would net him his fifth Fight of the Night honor, Lytle would drop a unanimous decision to the talented underdog, snapping his four-fight winning streak and bringing the 36-year-old to contemplate retirement. The kind of slobberknocker that he's sure to engage in with Dan Hardy though, is the kind of match up to keep "Lights Out" motivated to press onward.

UFC on Versus 5 is scheduled to go down on August 14 at the Bradley Center in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and will air live on the Versus network.

ƒallenloki
05-11-2011, 05:41 PM
I think Lytle is going to WRECK Hardy and prove to everyone again how much of a hype job he was

blaze778
05-11-2011, 05:42 PM
I know these guys aren't top contenders at the moment, but this is an action fight I look forward to. Should be great for as long as it lasts.

Both guys are coming off losses, but this is a must-win fight for Hardy, who's coming off a 3 fight losing streak.

If Hardy loses, I'm sure the UFC cuts him.

If Lytle loses, he's not going anywhere.

$Natedatpkid$
05-11-2011, 06:05 PM
I can't wait for this fight! Always have love Chris Lytle. Shame he win a few months ago. He'll comeback with this fight though and yeah, wreck Dan Hardy. Hardy has no chance in hell. Can't wait for this war!

This card is actually looking pretty sick. Ben Henderson vs Jim Miller is on this card. That's is going to be absolutely ridiculous!

Jack3d
05-11-2011, 08:37 PM
Lytle via having a better overall ground game at his disposal.