View Full Version : Rampage vs Hamill Main Event Worthy?

Perfect Plex
05-10-2011, 10:40 PM
This is gonna be the main even now for 130. I know it's a good fight and I know Edgar vs Maynard III was the main event. But still in all I don't feel this a PPV quality main event.

You also have Mir vs Nelson & Stann vs Santiago. But is this card really worth $50?

Also consider Rampage now openly admits he dosen't have no love or interest in fighting and only does it for the $$$. He also says as soon as acting pay him more he's gone, so i find it hard to his career seriouly now.

And Hamill did go to a MD with Jardine 11 months ago.

Las Vegas,
05-10-2011, 10:47 PM
Nope. Not at all.

chiguy91
05-10-2011, 10:49 PM
i'm not gonna buy it, but rampage has done main events, so it's not too bad. edgar/maynard was the fight i was looking forward to though....i'm most likely gonna tune in to watch it somewhere.

blaze778
05-10-2011, 10:58 PM
It's main event worthy for a free event, but not a PPV.

Thiago Alves, the Stann/Santiago and Mir/Nelson fights might make the event worthwhile though.

I love Rampage, but his heart just isn't in MMA anymore. Hasn't felt that way since he lost the title.

$Natedatpkid$
05-10-2011, 11:02 PM
Rampage is definitely main event worthy. He's my favorite fighter so I'm gonna do urraythang I can to buy this fight card. It's not always about the main events, I'm a fight fan first and I'm happy their's a sick ass card to go with it.

Matt Hamil just beat up Tito. It's a good interesting fight. I wish it wasn't on PPV but like I said Rampage is a HUGE draw so he can carry it by himself and at least get decent numbers.

ƒallenloki
05-10-2011, 11:14 PM
Eh...

Minimal interest from me.

blaze778
05-10-2011, 11:22 PM
I can't believe I'm actually disappointed about a Gray Maynard fight being dropped from the card.

Perfect Plex
05-10-2011, 11:27 PM
I can't believe I'm actually disappointed about a Gray Maynard fight being dropped from the card.

:lol1::lol1::lol1:

ƒallenloki
05-11-2011, 01:44 AM

Talk about coming a long way, lmao. Prior to Edgar-Maynard 2, Maynard fights meant it was time for a cig, beer recharge, and a crap.

nodogoshi
05-11-2011, 04:18 AM
Rampage is a main event caliber fighter, Hamill definitely isn't and Hamil-Rampage is definitely not a main event caliber fight. It's a mismatch for one, and it's also a meaningless fight with no implications for rankings.

ƒallenloki
05-11-2011, 04:27 AM
Rampage is a main event caliber fighter, Hamill definitely isn't and Hamil-Rampage is definitely not a main event caliber fight. It's a mismatch for one, and it's also a meaningless fight with no implications for rankings.

True, but Quinton's heart is no longer in fighting. I'm not as amped to watch him anymore.

nodogoshi
05-11-2011, 07:44 AM
True, but Quinton's heart is no longer in fighting. I'm not as amped to watch him anymore.
Maybe so, but he did just beat Machida in his last fight and has been a perennial contender/former champ. He's still a top tier-level fighter as of now and were he matched against a fighter of similar standing it would be a much more legitimate fight. Why the **** he's fighting Hamill, I don't understanding.

piano man
05-11-2011, 08:12 AM
Maybe so, but he did just beat Machida in his last fight and has been a perennial contender/former champ. He's still a top tier-level fighter as of now and were he matched against a fighter of similar standing it would be a much more legitimate fight. Why the **** he's fighting Hamill, I don't understanding.

hamil is a replacement for thiago silva

rampage v silva would've been good fight, 2 heavy handed fighters going at it, but rampage v hamil as a main event is not cool

kaps
05-11-2011, 09:56 AM

Same here, but it's mostly because I was sure that Edgar was going to beat his ass much worse this time....

blaze778
05-11-2011, 05:03 PM
hamil is a replacement for thiago silva

rampage v silva would've been good fight, 2 heavy handed fighters going at it, but rampage v hamil as a main event is not cool

Oh yeah, I forgot that was Rampage's original opponent.

Rampage vs. Silva would have definitely been more worthy of a main event than this Hamill fight.