View Full Version : Greater fighter: Calzaghe or Hopkins?

RubenSonny
05-09-2011, 11:33 AM
Also do you consider them ATGs?

Barn
05-09-2011, 11:39 AM
Hopkins and it shouldn't be debatable.

Calzaghe - Near Great
Hopkins - ATG.

New England
05-09-2011, 11:49 AM
hopkins and it's not close for me

he's been at pinnacle of the sport for quite some time now

and yes, both men are absolutely great fighters. at their respective best weights they are a handful for any man who has ever laced up boxing gloves

i don't have a line in the sand for "ATG" status like a lot of the people on the board
that's just not how i look at it. maybe i'm not understanding the way you guys look at it here.

Vadrigar.
05-09-2011, 11:53 AM
Hopkins is definitely an ATG and greater than Calzaghe.

Hopkins has wins over Trinidad, Tarver, Wright, Echols, Johnson, Eastman, Pavlik and a draw with Pascal at 45 doesn't hurt either.

CarlosG815
05-09-2011, 12:00 PM
lol, this is hilarious. What's with all the zags threads lately? And most of them aren't even from JoeyZags.

Joeyzagz
05-09-2011, 12:02 PM
Calzaghe and its not even close.

H2H: Calzaghe
Resume': Calzaghe
Record: Calzaghe
Title Defenses: Calzaghe
Integrity: Calzaghe

Bernard Hopkins made a career out of fighting welterweights and juniormiddles. He is a steroid abuser, cheater and a master of headbutts and cheap tactics, He is also an ex-convict and a racist.

Joeyzagz
05-09-2011, 12:02 PM
lol, this is hilarious. What's with all the zags threads lately? And most of them aren't even from JoeyZags.

I cant post in any of them because that coward Toney aka Ironmike blocked me.

Vadrigar.
05-09-2011, 12:04 PM
I cant post in any of them because that coward Toney aka Ironmike blocked me.

Why did he block you?

RubenSonny
05-09-2011, 12:05 PM
Why did he block you?

Because hes a troll.

Vadrigar.
05-09-2011, 12:08 PM
Because hes a troll.

zagz or ironmike?

Barn
05-09-2011, 12:08 PM
Why did he block you?
He'll never let a whiteboi post in his thread :lol1:

physiker
05-09-2011, 12:14 PM

Bernard Hopkins made a career out of fighting welterweights and juniormiddles. He is a steroid abuser, cheater and a master of headbutts and cheap tactics, He is also an ex-convict and a racist.

I gotta agree with you here. And Hops 2 loses against the over-rated Jermaine, and other things decides it for me.

Other things: well ask Winky Wright who had to come up in weight to fight BHop.

Wright said after the fight that not only did Bhop headbutt him many times deliberately, but when the ref was shielded, Hop hit him in the balls numerous times. That shyte as well as faking ball shots on him from Calz makes a near joke out of BHop to me. That going on all 4s and putting his ass up in the air settles it for me as far as ATG status.

OTOH, at his age, his wins over Pavlik, and "draw" against Pascal are quite impressive. But it's just been posted that BHop has refused to take drug tests for the upcoming rematch. Don't know what's up with that?

So if I am prejudiceed, it's only against someone with no integrity, as the sport has rules.

CarlosG815
05-09-2011, 12:18 PM
zagz or ironmike?

They're both trolls.

As you can see above, zags is a textbook nuthugger and troll.

But we keep him around for great amusement.

Barn
05-09-2011, 12:19 PM
Muhammad Ali repatedly held behind the head. People use illegal tactics they get away with. It's part of the game deal with it.

Barn
05-09-2011, 12:19 PM
They're both trolls.

As you can see above, zags is a textbook nuthugger and troll.

But we keep him around for great amusement.
Ironmike isn't a troll.

RubenSonny
05-09-2011, 12:20 PM
Well I've put Zagz on ignore if people actually want to hear what hes got to say I will take him off....

CarlosG815
05-09-2011, 12:28 PM
Ironmike isn't a troll.

Toney616 and IronMike are one in the same. He has several alts and is a troll.

If IronMike is not Toney616 then I apologize.

Vadrigar.
05-09-2011, 12:30 PM
Toney616 and IronMike are one in the same. He has several alts and is a troll.

If IronMike is not Toney616 then I apologize.

They are the same and his ALT used to be "general zod" which was banned.

BigStereotype
05-09-2011, 12:33 PM
He'll never let a whiteboi post in his thread :lol1:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Anyway, I think it's Hopkins by a mile. B-hop actually has some great wins. Calzaghe has a couple of good wins, not a really great one.

BigStereotype
05-09-2011, 12:37 PM
I gotta agree with you here. And Hops 2 loses against the over-rated Jermaine, and other things decides it for me.

Other things: well ask Winky Wright who had to come up in weight to fight BHop.

Wright said after the fight that not only did Bhop headbutt him many times deliberately, but when the ref was shielded, Hop hit him in the balls numerous times. That shyte as well as faking ball shots on him from Calz makes a near joke out of BHop to me. That going on all 4s and putting his ass up in the air settles it for me as far as ATG status.

OTOH, at his age, his wins over Pavlik, and "draw" against Pascal are quite impressive. But it's just been posted that BHop has refused to take drug tests for the upcoming rematch. Don't know what's up with that?

So if I am prejudiceed, it's only against someone with no integrity, as the sport has rules.

If Jean Pascal came at me like he was Norbit like that, I wouldn't take the test either. "Take the test! Take the test! Take the test! Take the test!" Jean Pascal is a punk and is deliberately smearing the reputation of a legend who he knows just whipped his ass.

qari
05-09-2011, 12:41 PM
Hopkins win over Prime Felix Trinidad Is better than Calzaghes best wins Jones-Shot to bits,Kessler who?and Hopkins Himself and it wasnt a win really was it?

Barn
05-09-2011, 12:44 PM
Hopkins win over Prime Felix Trinidad Is better than Calzaghes best wins Jones-Shot to bits,Kessler who?and Hopkins Himself and it wasnt a win really was it?
Unlike Naseems amazing resume.

The Surgeon
05-09-2011, 01:25 PM
Hopkins and it aint close!

The Surgeon
05-09-2011, 01:27 PM
Unlike Naseems amazing resume.

Ouch!!!!!!

RubenSonny
05-09-2011, 01:44 PM
zagz or ironmike?

Zagz...............

jermainerambo
05-09-2011, 02:06 PM
hopkins is a 4 round fighter because from the 4th to 12th joe calzaghe was in his ass, bhop was blowing and puffing faking injury and getting ready to quit he b!tched, he ran he didn't fight from the 4th round on

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/m9SfWjk00cs?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/m9SfWjk00cs?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Barn
05-09-2011, 04:02 PM
hopkins is a 4 round fighter because from the 4th to 12th joe calzaghe was in his ass, bhop was blowing and puffing faking injury and getting ready to quit he b!tched, he ran he didn't fight from the 4th round on

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/m9SfWjk00cs?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/m9SfWjk00cs?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>
Your opinion is not wanted.

RubenSonny
05-09-2011, 04:37 PM
Joe Calzaghe and it's not close.

Hopkins fought a lot of bums and some good fighters. Whenever he fought the good ones like Jones, Taylor and Calzaghe, it resulted in LOSSES for him.

Like Hopkins, Calzaghe fought a lot of bums and some good fighters, but unlike Hopkins, he beat the good opponents (like prime Kessler).

And he never needed to resort to cheating like B-Hop (deliberate headbutts, hitting while holding, or Hopkins "punch then push" trick).

Calzaghe > Hopkins.

Not surprising coming from a guy who rates Calzaghe in the top 25 all time and thinks he has an argument for top 10 :rofl::rofl::rofl:

IronDanHamza
05-09-2011, 05:39 PM
Obviously Hopkins by a wide margin.

IIIX JACK XIII
05-12-2011, 10:20 PM

Joeyzags, please explain why you think calzaghe has a better resume than hopkins, oh and while your at the name of the presciption medicine your on, thanks

House of Stone
05-13-2011, 04:09 AM
Muhammad Ali repatedly held behind the head. People use illegal tactics they get away with. It's part of the game deal with it.

it ain't illegal if the ref says nothin about it lol - Well I like Joe but Hopkins ranks above him in my book ... i've never been keen on the idea of super middle anyway ... you're either a middle or light heavy - having another weight class in between is just one more way for guys like calzaghe and hopkins to avoid fighting until one of them is well past prime.

DeepSleep
05-13-2011, 04:35 AM
Hopkins by a wide margin.

I get a kick out of people claiming Hopkins losses to Taylor somehow degrade his legacy. Hopkins was 40 years old when he fought Taylor.

You are not going to be remembered for being great by not fighting anyone with a pulse until they are in a walker.