View Full Version : Biggest MMA letdown's?

$BloodyNate$
05-09-2011, 01:27 AM
Their's been tons of them especially from the time when UFC first bought Pride.

NAME YOUR WORST LETDOWN'S!!! I'll start off with a few...

-Forrest subbing Shogun in the 1st fight. I was so depressed after that haha

-Gabriel Gonzaga KOing Mirko Crop, one of the most brutal KO's ever to my man CC :soapbox:

- UFC 114: That pussay Rashad humping Rampage for 3 rounds after ALL that hype, I was expecting them to wanna knock each other out. **** Rashad.

-UFC 113: Kos layed on Daley for 3 rounds. I was so pissed I was expecting like the greatest welterweight ****in war ever! haha Should have know better.
-

Dorian
05-09-2011, 01:38 AM
All of GSP's fights since the 1st Matt Serra fight.

M Deezy
05-09-2011, 01:40 AM
All of GSP's fights since the 1st Matt Serra fight.

was about to write the same thing.

chiguy91
05-09-2011, 01:41 AM
gsp/shields
faber/wineland
silva/maia (what a waste)
jackson/machida

plenty more, these for now off the top of my head

Dorian
05-09-2011, 01:44 AM
GSP/Koscheck
GSP/Shields
GSP/Hardy(BRUTAL)
GSP/Alves
GSP/Penn 2.

$BloodyNate$
05-09-2011, 02:23 AM
GSP/Koscheck
GSP/Shields
GSP/Hardy(BRUTAL)
GSP/Alves
GSP/Penn 2.

haha it's ****in crazy his fight with Fitch which is one of my favorite fights was ****in awesome and then when he anal raped Hughes in that 3rd fight he was the ****in man! haha Now he ain't *****. It's crazy. If this is "MMA at it's finest" well then ***** take me back to the MMA learning stage haha

Like to add..

-Big Nog getting knocked out by Frank Mir, I was so pissed.
-KJ Noons vs Yves edwards, I was so shocked and pissed when he beat Yves!
-Diaz vs KJ Noons, who the **** was KJ Noons? LMAO before that he the man that got KNOCK THE **** OUT AND KISSED THE CANVAS SLEEPING FOR KRAZY HORSE! haha

http://www.gifsoup.com/view2/1208113/kj-noons-owned-o.gif
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f370/underoath672/gsp_throw_elbow.gif
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t169/Inspectorchao/GSP/SLOMOGSPSubmitsMattHughes.gif

Is that really the last time he's finished a fight besides Penn quitting? LMAO :boxing:

Las Vegas,
05-09-2011, 04:23 AM
Wandy's prime ended with a single kick.

UFC 100.

Frank Mir knocking out Big Nog.

GSP ever since after his first fight with Serra.

David Terrell quitting MMA.

Silva vs. Leties/Maia/Cote

Rashad getting that decision over Tito.

Rashad's career after the Machida lost.

Kimbo Slice getting destroyed by a NFL guy.

Just off the top of my head.

Virgil Caine
05-09-2011, 05:39 AM
Aoki getting kayoed in a freakshow fight. I was in the arena.

┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
05-09-2011, 06:12 AM
shogun-jones.

kaps
05-09-2011, 10:28 AM
GSP/Koscheck
GSP/Shields
GSP/Hardy(BRUTAL)
GSP/Alves
GSP/Penn 2.

He wrecked Penn and Alves, Kos can't fight for over 6 months because of the damage GSP caused.....

http://bdadv.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/haters_gonna_hate_10.jpg

Brick Top
05-09-2011, 12:26 PM
CroCop in the UFC is my biggest let down !

blaze778
05-09-2011, 04:56 PM
-UFC not signing Fedor.

-Machida's title run.

-Cro Cop's entire UFC career.

-Tim Sylvia's entire life.

-GSP vs. Penn 2.

-Forrest Griffin beating Shogun and Rampage. (Props to Forrest, but I still can't believe he beat my 2 favorite Light Heavyweights).

-Shogun getting beat by Jones. Not so much getting beat by Jones, but just the way he was beat.

-James Toney

-Brandon Vera and Diego Sanchez not living up to their hype.

-Injuries preventing fights.

-I want to add every overly hyped UFC main event that gets countdown shows on ****e TV to only end up being the most boring fight on the entire card.

Big BRICKS
05-09-2011, 07:23 PM
-UFC not signing Fedor.

-Machida's title run.

-GSP vs. Penn 2.

-Forrest Griffin beating Shogun and Rampage. (Props to Forrest, but I still can't believe he beat my 2 favorite Light Heavyweights).

-Shogun getting beat by Jones. Not so much getting beat by Jones, but just the way he was beat.

-James Toney

-I want to add every overly hyped UFC main event that gets countdown shows on ****e TV to only end up being the most boring fight on the entire card.

Haha I feel you on that one.. i want someone to hack the cable company or something when they air the Countown.. make the description "GSP talking some badass samurai **** that he won't use on fight night. 1hr Long TV-M, Language, Violence.."

$BloodyNate$
05-09-2011, 07:30 PM
-UFC not signing Fedor.

-Machida's title run.

-GSP vs. Penn 2.

-James Toney

hahahaha thats ****in great! In the dictionary if you were look up roid rage though you'd see Big Timmay's big dumb ass ugly ass grill right dab in the middle of the page. He use to tear motha****as up until he got caught! haha Now hes just a big clubsy slow ogor.

Gotta add Frankie Edgar vs Gray Maynard 2 now that it has been rescheduled.

Also Wandy vs Chuck. Nobody got KTFO and Chuck won :soapbox:

Jack3d
05-09-2011, 07:54 PM
GSP/Penn 2.

I actually enjoyed this fight. St. Pierre completely schooled him on the ground. Grease or not, and made him quit after BJ spent the months leading up to the fight calling him a quitter.

There have been a ****load of letdowns in mma

-Vitor Belfort (his career in general has been a giant letdown)

-The IFL folding. I actually enjoyed the team/tournament format of IFL

-Pride folding

-The UFC bullshytting us about "Pride Worldwide" and not making the fights we wanted from the Pride acquisition in a timely fashion.

-Wanderlei vs. Liddell happening at UFC 79, instead of after UFC 62, when it was supposed to be done.

-Fedor and the UFC not being able to come to terms

-Fedor losing two in a row before fighting Overeem

-Shogun's susceptibility to injury

-Cro Cop fighting for checks in the UFC. Instead of fighting to validate himself as a top HW after he won the OWGP

-Wanderlei Silva's career after beating Fujita

-Thiago Silva testing positive after beating Vera. I really wanted Vera gone from the UFC. I can't stand him. He sucks and his fight are a waste of a main card slot

-Josh Barnett being a retard and single handedly destroying affliction and a match-up with Fedor

-Arlovski's chin

-Chael's sub defense

Jack3d
05-09-2011, 08:11 PM
some more I just thought of

-Karo Parisyan. Very skilled fighter, no discipline, no motivation to train. Big letdown

-Jeremey Jackson. Easily one of the most skilled fighters on TUF 3: The Comeback. Blew his opportunity, got kicked off the show, convicted of Rape, serving 25 to life.

Nick Fury
05-09-2011, 11:21 PM
Martin Kampmann vs Diego Sanchez was a big let down for me. So was Fedor vs Werdum.

$BloodyNate$
05-09-2011, 11:29 PM
Damn there some goods ones being brought up haha. Karo Parysian use to be the ****in man. Karo vs Diego is easily one of the greatest MMA fights ever.

Like to add...

Rampage post-Forrest Griffin robbery(Got in that hit & run, I loved how he trashed Wandy but then he turned into a straight wild boxer. The old Rampage would trashed Jardine in 1 round. But this boxer rampage could leg kicked to death and almost lost. Then the movie made him pull out the rashad fight in his hometown of memphis. Then the layoff hurt him in the fight. Then he didn't knock Machida out. The fight was too close for comfort. He was vicious enough. Hope he comes back good with this Hamil fight though.)

Forrest Griffin too since the Rampage fight. Badass fight with Rashad, a real war. Then got trashed by Anderson. The tito ortiz fight was awesome, but then he didn't fight again until he beat Franklin a few months ago. Just kinda fell off the map.

Gilbert Yvel. I thought he would at least get a few big fights before he got cut. Like I expected him to beat Dos Santos, then he lost. Thought he could rebound by winning his next few fights til he gets another big one. Kinda got robbed by the ref in the Rothwell fight, he was brutally trashing him at one point which any other ref would have stopped but since he ****ed up in the Condit/Macdonald fight he let it go on way to long until Yvel gassed. He beated on him for a hot minute or 2. Then after that I hoped he could at least trashed that fat **** Madsen but then get trashed in one round. Showed loss of heart. Real sad.

Brick Top
05-10-2011, 01:24 PM
Lesnar folding like a lawn chair when punched in the face !

blaze778
05-10-2011, 02:54 PM
"GSP talking some badass samurai **** that he won't use on fight night. 1hr Long TV-M, Language, Violence.."

No kidding, lol.

I'm a GSP fan, but watching him train is a lot more exciting than watching him fight lately. It really is interesting to see what new things GSP is doing in training, even though he pretty much wins the same way these days.

I enjoyed most of GSP's fights even post-Serra, but his last three fights were just awful.

Virgil Caine
05-10-2011, 03:23 PM
Lesnar folding like a lawn chair when punched in the face !

Carwin having the stamina of a juiced pig.

ƒallenloki
05-10-2011, 03:36 PM
Arlovski Sylvia III

Brick Top
05-10-2011, 07:13 PM
Carwin having the stamina of a juiced pig.

That to lol !

the traveler
05-11-2011, 03:42 AM
http://www.cagetoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/sokoudjou.jpg

I really thought he was going to be good.

Heavyfasthands
05-11-2011, 09:01 PM
Cro Cop for me.

He did terrible in the UFC

$BloodyNate$
05-11-2011, 09:33 PM
http://www.cagetoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/sokoudjou.jpg

I really thought he was going to be good.

Oh my god that is a good one. Straight up put both Lil Nog & Arona too sleep. I thought he'd be champion within a year. Too bad his chin & conditioning such and his world class judo never gets used.

Dorian
05-13-2011, 02:42 AM
Cro cop Vs Mir
Anderson Vs Demian Maia
Anderson Vs Thales Leites
Anderson Vs Patrick Cote

Brick Top
05-13-2011, 11:53 PM
Biggest letdowns, Brock Lesnars Intestine !

Terry A
05-19-2011, 12:51 AM
Besides seeing my favorite fighters lose (Vanderlei Silva, Mark Coleman, Mirko Filopivic, Fedor, Bas Rutten, etc.), the biggest bummer of late was watching Jake Shields hold Jason Miller for 95% of the fight. I so wanted Mayhem to win that one.