View Full Version : First Fight tips

Amateurbozing
05-08-2011, 02:00 PM
Hey i have my first fight coming up next saturday its sunday today and i was just wondering if you guys have any training or nutrition tips for this week. My coach all ready told me to take it easy this week but i mean stuff that will still help for the fight. also the weight i am fighting at is 106 pounds and i am 14 years old :boxing:

Barn
05-08-2011, 04:15 PM
Just don't eat "bad" would be my best advice.

For training the conditioning is doen, I would suggest just working on technique by shadowboxing in front of a mirror.(not hard shadowboxing.)

Think about nothing but victory. Don't worry about nerves they're with you until the ref shouts box and your in the centre of the ring, then they disappear.

Also, don't worry about being hurt, adrenaline will stop you feeling most of the pain. For example my first fight was a war, I ended up with a burst nose each lip slit and the inside of my mouth ****ed up from the mouthpiece which I had stupidly chewed on before the bout and only 1 shot was actually sore. :lol1:

1 last tip, stick to a gameplan, have it in your head what you are going to do. Work purely on speed(unless body shotting) this is a points game remember.

The first round try out a few things on your opponent, see how he reacts. Feint him to the body and if he reacts bingo, you have a stradegy.

Lastly just enjoy it, it's a sport after all.

Amateurbozing
05-08-2011, 05:09 PM
thanks man

patrickmullenz
05-10-2011, 05:10 PM
i rember when i was having my first fight i came on here lookin for adivse aswell :P emm on the day id eat pasta cause its great for energy :) i rember my first fight i was ****ing myself wit nerves before i got in the ring, but once the first few punchs are trowin the nerves just disapper, and the punchs wont hurt either. :) and dont try anything new, like a combos you havent really practiced or anything :) and dont forget to body punch! ihttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9Xh0c2bhlM.. im 14 aswell :) thers a vid there of me fighting im just tryin ta get out there, so thought id leave a link :L

1 HitterQuitter
05-10-2011, 10:10 PM
i rember when i was having my first fight i came on here lookin for adivse aswell :P emm on the day id eat pasta cause its great for energy :) i rember my first fight i was ****ing myself wit nerves before i got in the ring, but once the first few punchs are trowin the nerves just disapper, and the punchs wont hurt either. :) and dont try anything new, like a combos you havent really practiced or anything :) and dont forget to body punch! ihttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9Xh0c2bhlM.. im 14 aswell :) thers a vid there of me fighting im just tryin ta get out there, so thought id leave a link :L
Thats odd I remember thinking why are these gloves so light