Other:
Intangibles: McCallum
Boxing IQ:equal

Blue Print fight:
Toney vs McCallum I
Hopkins vs Baptist

SCtrojansbaby
05-07-2011, 07:59 AM
Hopkins is a little bigger and a little better at everything.

Toney616
05-07-2011, 08:07 AM
Hopkins is a little bigger and a little better at everything.
True he is the naturally bigger man here, although I don't think that will make a big impression on this fight. I think McCallum had a better offense-McCallum vs Watson fight was an offensive masterpiece

The_Demon
05-07-2011, 08:33 AM
If they fought 3 times id expect Hopkins too take 2 and McCallum 1,every fight a close decision their certainly wont be a stoppage here,would be a very technical fight and would be interesting for a hardcore fan but a casual fan might not find it so entertaining

Pastrano
05-07-2011, 01:42 PM
If they fought 3 times id expect Hopkins too take 2 and McCallum 1,every fight a close decision their certainly wont be a stoppage here,would be a very technical fight and would be interesting for a hardcore fan but a casual fan might not find it so entertaining

NO WAY! McCallum was just better than Hopkins in every way. What can Hopkins do better than McCallum?? Name one thing.

JAB5239
05-07-2011, 03:26 PM
NO WAY! McCallum was just better than Hopkins in every way. What can Hopkins do better than McCallum?? Name one thing.

He was better defensively.

jermainerambo
05-07-2011, 03:33 PM
joe calzaghe beats them both

The_Demon
05-07-2011, 05:25 PM

As Jab already said,he was better defensively,plus he was naturally bigger and a better MW imo,im a huge fan of the Body Snatcher,but i think he would struggle against a guy like Hopkins,who beat a lot of fighters that were better than him in nearly every way

RichCCFC
05-07-2011, 06:49 PM
This is a dream fight of mine, can go either way.

TBear
05-08-2011, 02:33 AM
I think Hopkins could out box McCallum. This fight would definitely go the the score cards.

Pastrano
05-08-2011, 06:54 AM
As Jab already said,he was better defensively,plus he was naturally bigger and a better MW imo,im a huge fan of the Body Snatcher,but i think he would struggle against a guy like Hopkins,who beat a lot of fighters that were better than him in nearly every way

A better MW?? Did he beat Herol Graham, Steve Collins, Michael Watson and Sumbu Kalambay?? Think not! And he was only an inch and a half taller than Bodysnatcher. And Bodysnatcher's defense was superb! He wasn't easy to hit at all. Hopkins' defense consists of headbutting and rabbitpunching.:lol1: Well, he has pretty good movement but so did McCallum.

TBear
05-08-2011, 07:29 AM
A better MW?? Did he beat Herol Graham, Steve Collins, Michael Watson and Sumbu Kalambay?? Think not! And he was only an inch and a half taller than Bodysnatcher. And Bodysnatcher's defense was superb! He wasn't easy to hit at all. Hopkins' defense consists of headbutting and rabbitpunching.:lol1: Well, he has pretty good movement but so did McCallum.

He was also outboxed by a prime Kalambay and Toney.

But I'm not saying you're wrong because this is all our opinions.

bojangles1987
05-08-2011, 07:51 AM
Hopkins would at worst lose a decision that could go either way IMO.

$BloodyNate$
05-08-2011, 02:00 PM
Hopkins ring IQ is higher. He's too smart, too savvy. He'd find a way to win this fight on the scorecards.

crold1
05-08-2011, 02:05 PM
Hopkins ring IQ is higher. He's too smart, too savvy. He'd find a way to win this fight on the scorecards.

Pastrano just get the **** outta the history section you troll.

Their ring IQ's were about equal at peak. McCallum was the more naturally talented of the two, Hopkins probably had more dimensions. They would, at their best, each be the best man either beat and it could go either way. They just missed each other by a couple years. Too bad.

BigStereotype
05-09-2011, 11:41 AM

Much better defensively. Drop a hand grenade in the ring and I'll give you ten to one that Hopkins avoids it.

Barn
05-09-2011, 11:42 AM
Much better defensively. Drop a hand grenade in the ring and I'll give you ten to one that Hopkins avoids it.
However if you pull the pin...

BigStereotype
05-09-2011, 11:51 AM
However if you pull the pin...

B-hop would headbutt your face into a bloody crater before you got the chance.

physiker
05-09-2011, 12:14 PM
Fair fight: McCallum.
If Taylor could do it 2X, certainly McCallum would.

If bad ref allowing Hopkins' fouls, then Hopkins.

ИATAS
05-09-2011, 12:21 PM
[QUOTE=physiker;10508555]Fair fight: McCallum.
If Taylor could do it 2X, certainly McCallum would.
/QUOTE]

you realize hopkins was 40 years old against Taylor, right??

physiker
05-09-2011, 02:04 PM
And you realize that years later, he put a beatin on Tarver at LHW, Pavlik, and arguably Pascal at LHW?

All three heavier than Taylor, while BHop was years older.

JAB5239
05-09-2011, 04:27 PM
And you realize that years later, he put a beatin on Tarver at LHW, Pavlik, and arguably Pascal at LHW?

This is true, but it still doesn't make it the best version of Hop.

ИATAS
05-10-2011, 02:13 PM

yes and hopkins beat those guys past his prime. There is no denying that. He did not fight Taylor (or anyone else after) in his prime.

Pastrano
05-10-2011, 02:36 PM
yes and hopkins beat those guys past his prime. There is no denying that. He did not fight Taylor (or anyone else after) in his prime.

Tarver was weightdrained, Pavlik had the flu. I already explained all this, but you nuthuggers just won't back off.