View Full Version : Lacy Diaz signed

MARKBNLV
05-06-2011, 07:05 PM
Former IBF super middleweight champion Jeff “Left Hook” Lacy officially signed on the dotted line to face Strikeforce champion Nick Diaz, who wants to pursue a professional boxing career in addition to his mixed-martial arts title reign. The boxing match will take place in the Fall of 2011. Promoter Don Chargin states, “This is a very dangerous fight for both men. Not only is this fight dangerous but stylistically it is very intriguing. I expected more resistance from fight fans and media in regards to this match-up but its amazing as to the hundreds of calls and e-mails I’ve received from fans on both sides wanting to see this match-up take place. I’ve received more than a few inquiries from some other very high-profile boxers that want to step up and fight Nick. It’s been a real whirlwind….I’ve been around boxing for quite some time and I’ve seen a lot of great, tough fighters in my six decades within the sport. I believe that if Nick had been one of those kids who had picked up boxing from a youth, he’d undoubtedly be a world-champion today. Sometime within the next 2 weeks I’ll be personally making the trek to Cesar Gracies gym to setup a private, closed door sparring session between Nick and a few nameless top-level contenders I have in mind.”

M Deezy
05-06-2011, 07:57 PM
so the only way this match wont happen is if dana white brings him in to fight gsp then?

kaps
05-06-2011, 08:53 PM
Lose lose situation for Diaz. He wins, he beat a past prime boxer on his way out, he loses, he lost to a past prime boxer on his way out....

MARKBNLV
05-06-2011, 10:02 PM
Lose lose situation for Diaz. He wins, he beat a past prime boxer on his way out, he loses, he lost to a past prime boxer on his way out....

Lacy is worse then past prime in his last fight he lost to a guy that is 24-20-7 and got dominated by him.

MARKBNLV
05-07-2011, 03:11 AM
Looks like thats out the window quick smart move by Diaz hes getting George

kaps
05-07-2011, 03:36 AM
Looks like thats out the window quick smart move by Diaz hes getting George

Source?????

Virgil Caine
05-07-2011, 05:26 AM
He's just looking for a payday, and it's a smart move imo.

MARKBNLV
05-07-2011, 06:33 AM
Source?????

Watch mma live......the said dana white posted on twitter what fight do you want to see gsp-silva or gsp-diaz and diaz won.Dana White is not about to take a hit from boxing he is sure of his boring ass fighter gsp.

Virgil Caine
05-07-2011, 08:57 AM
Watch mma live......the said dana white posted on twitter what fight do you want to see gsp-silva or gsp-diaz and diaz won.Dana White is not about to take a hit from boxing he is sure of his boring ass fighter gsp.
That means nothing. Diaz can do whatever he wants. All Zuffa can do is offer him an alternative, and if the money is right Diaz could opt to take it.

phallus
05-07-2011, 08:13 PM
Lacy is worse then past prime in his last fight he lost to a guy that is 24-20-7 and got dominated by him.

this is a really safe fight for diaz, there's almost no way lacy wins. lacy was a one handed fighter, now his power hand isn't there anymore. probably diaz will school and humiliate him, and dana white will talk sh*t about professional boxers skills

M Deezy
05-07-2011, 09:31 PM
yea i think its all bout the money for diaz right now. He can get 7 figures from a lacy boxing match or couple hundred thousand for fighting gsp.

Clegg
05-07-2011, 09:47 PM
I'd be very surprised if he is getting 7 figures from this fight.

From what I've read they don't have a TV deal worked out. Maybe Showtime will pick it up, but what from I read online (which, of course, could be BS) Diaz will make 200k or less.

http://www.badlefthook.com/2011/5/7/2158817/nick-diaz-vs-jeff-lacy-details-money-showtime-ppv-boxing-vs-mma

SkillspayBills
05-07-2011, 11:55 PM
200k is more than Diaz has EVER EVER EVER made for an MMA bout, I guarandamtee it.

kaps
05-08-2011, 12:34 AM
He got 175000 for the Daley fight and 150000 for the Cyborg fight....

Amrn4s
05-08-2011, 05:50 AM
He got 175000 for the Daley fight and 150000 for the Cyborg fight....

Wow that's pretty good money for Strikeforce.

MetalVomit
05-08-2011, 10:47 AM
most either of them makes is 500k, and that's being generous.

Virgil Caine
05-08-2011, 11:49 AM
My guess is this will be on an independent PPV, with the fighters recieving a cut of the revenue, as well as a guarunteed purse.

Diaz certainly still has the potential to earn better than he is able to in MMA.

phallus
05-09-2011, 11:06 PM
My guess is this will be on an independent PPV, with the fighters recieving a cut of the revenue, as well as a guarunteed purse.

Diaz certainly still has the potential to earn better than he is able to in MMA.

yeah, he won't make gig bucks schooling lacy but it will set him up for huge future paydays in pro boxing, especially if he stops lacy

JAB5239
05-10-2011, 02:05 AM

Im not sure I agree with this. If he wins he has come into the sport green and beaten a former Olympian and titlist giving him a foothold to move up to better competition. People can say what they want, but if Diaz is serious about boxing this is the right way to gauge where he is at. To try and fight a top 10 boxer from the go would be career suicide.

$BloodyNate$
05-10-2011, 02:53 AM
Im not sure I agree with this. If he wins he has come into the sport green and beaten a former Olympian and titlist giving him a foothold to move up to better competition. People can say what they want, but if Diaz is serious about boxing this is the right way to gauge where he is at. To try and fight a top 10 boxer from the go would be career suicide.

Honestly I can see your point. Its not like Diaz is 18 or 21 years old where he can start from the very bottom and work his way up. If he's going to be serious he needs to fight somebody like Lacey who's a named opponent. I think it will actually show well, even better if Showtime got off their ass to promote it.

If Diaz crazy style by some miracle adapts itself into boxing and whoops Lacey's ass, he'd most likely be one of them guys that could grab a belt at after just 10 fights, because if he beat Lacey then I'd say take on somebody like Yusef Mack to get into the title picture at light heavyweight.

MARKBNLV
05-10-2011, 03:52 AM

His eyes are Hamburger he will be badly cut in a few rds.Honestly next to Gatti DSiaz has the nastiest scar tissue i have seen.

JAB5239
05-10-2011, 04:55 AM
His eyes are Hamburger he will be badly cut in a few rds.Honestly next to Gatti DSiaz has the nastiest scar tissue i have seen.

Probably. But people just don't realize how different these two sports are. There is so much more to look out for in MMA that fighters can't master boxing technique without sacrificing in some other department. If I were going to bet I'd say Lacy exposes Diaz's lack of defense and pounds him. I'd love to see a cross over star for both sports, but I just don't see it happening anytime soon.

MARKBNLV
05-10-2011, 07:34 AM
Probably. But people just don't realize how different these two sports are. There is so much more to look out for in MMA that fighters can't master boxing technique without sacrificing in some other department. If I were going to bet I'd say Lacy exposes Diaz's lack of defense and pounds him. I'd love to see a cross over star for both sports, but I just don't see it happening anytime soon.

your gif what was the outcome.

JAB5239
05-10-2011, 06:31 PM
your gif what was the outcome.

Lol, your the second person to ask that in 2 days. The tiger bit the guys hand, pierced his stomach with one of his 4 inch claws and escaped back into the brush. The guy was lucky. That had to be the scariest moment he'll ever encounter in his life.

M Deezy
05-10-2011, 06:42 PM
Lol, your the second person to ask that in 2 days. The tiger bit the guys hand, pierced his stomach with one of his 4 inch claws and escaped back into the brush. The guy was lucky. That had to be the scariest moment he'll ever encounter in his life.

yea haha after i saw ur sig the first time i spent 10 minutes searching for the original video. was pretty crazy. some dumbass missed a shot with a tranq and tiger got pissed lol

ChangoSlayer200
05-10-2011, 06:47 PM
Diaz should have stayed in MMA i want to see him face GSP lacy is a bum

Virgil Caine
05-11-2011, 05:14 AM
Diaz should have stayed in MMA i want to see him face GSP lacy is a bum
He'll be back, and I don't think a GSP fight is imminently in the cards so it makes sense, especially because he's cleaned out the SF division for the most part (except for a few up-and-comers like Woodly).

Gracie has said they'd take a GSP fight instead if offered, but I don't think Zuffa is in a hurry to make the fight. They're probably mulling over the possibility, but there'd be a lot of details to sort out (among other things), I be thinking.

chiguy91
05-11-2011, 05:43 AM
yea haha after i saw ur sig the first time i spent 10 minutes searching for the original video. was pretty crazy. some dumbass missed a shot with a tranq and tiger got pissed lol

i looked it up too :lol1: :lol1:

Marchegiano
05-12-2011, 11:18 PM
No one seems to be giving Lacy much of a chance. I don't really see Nicks style translating well into boxing, but then again with every KO he gets I'm confused what hurt the guy. I accept the answer I've been given over and over again by annoucers that the pitter-patter punches add up and are effective, but does that stand true with more padding?

For the sake of arguement lets say lots of light punches works, and he KO's Lacy. I can't see him going much farther. I'd be beside myself to see Diaz take out a guy like Andre Ward.