The_Demon
05-06-2011, 02:09 PM
Calzaghe by close but clear decision in a very entertaining fight

.G.
05-06-2011, 02:14 PM
calzaghe by wide ud. glen is overrated garbage

Pastrano
05-06-2011, 02:37 PM
Joe C any day. He schools Johnson, if Dawson schooled him twice, he schools him too! First Dawson fight was tough, second was not, but still Chad thought the old man a boxing lesson.:boxing:

$BloodyNate$
05-06-2011, 02:39 PM
Joe Calzaghe wanted no part of that boy and for good reason. It just sucks Calzaghe robbed the public of such a "great fight" if he's so damn great. Shame Glenn Johnson couldn't get his due for puting a whoopin' on Calzaghe.

Calzaghe won't be able to push Johnson back like tee off on him with his slaps like he did to Lacey. Which means Johnson will take the fight to Calzaghe and Calzaghe doesn't have the power to make Johnson respect him and keep him off him. Johnson would walk him down and right thru him for I think a 8th or 9th round knockout after a beating.

Pastrano
05-06-2011, 02:40 PM
Joe Calzaghe wanted no part of that boy and for good reason. It just sucks Calzaghe robbed the public of such a "great fight" if he's so damn great. Shame Glenn Johnson couldn't get his due for puting a whoopin' on Calzaghe.

Calzaghe won't be able to push Johnson back like tee off on him with his slaps like he did to Lacey. Which means Johnson will take the fight to Calzaghe and Calzaghe doesn't have the power to make Johnson respect him. Johnson would walk him down and right thru him for I think a 8th or 9th round knockout after a beating.
:bsflag::thumbsdow:haha:

$BloodyNate$
05-06-2011, 02:45 PM
:bsflag::thumbsdow:haha:

Dude do you even watch boxing? How is Dawson & Calzaghe anything alike? Not to mention how the hell did Dawson "school" him twice when everybody knows Johnson won the 1st fight.

Quit looking up boxrec to see how L's he has and actually watch the man fight. Dawson & Calzaghe are 2 different styles. Dawson has more power, more talent, and more skills. All Calzaghe has is hands speed and work rate. He was a decent boxer but nothing special like Dawson. Calzaghe ducked Johnson FOUR TIMES.

1st time is reasonable. 2nd time is pushing it but acceptable maybe but the 3rd time their starts to be a vagina problem and the 4th time you just straight ****in scared. And for good reason like I said.

Pastrano
05-06-2011, 02:49 PM
Dude do you even watch boxing? How is Dawson & Calzaghe anything alike? Not to mention how the hell did Dawson "school" him twice when everybody knows Johnson won the 1st fight.

Quit looking up boxrec to see how L's he has and actually watch the man fight. Dawson & Calzaghe are 2 different styles. Dawson has more power, more talent, and more skills. All Calzaghe has is hands speed and work rate. He was a decent boxer but nothing special like Dawson. Calzaghe ducked Johnson FOUR TIMES.

1st time is reasonable. 2nd time is pushing it but acceptable maybe but the 3rd time their starts to be a vagina problem and the 4th time you just straight ****in scared. And for good reason like I said.
So you really ARE a Glen-fanboy??:lol1: Ok...lets see. When did ever Calzaghe get run through? He fought some guys with more power than Johnson. Byron Mitchell had him down but Calz still came back and stopped him. Kessler staggered him a few times, yet couldn't stop him. I dare say Kessler hits harder than Glen. Not MUCH harder, but harder. He has scored more one punch knockouts anyway. Reid also hit pretty hard, at least as hard as Johnson. Nobody came close to stopping Joe and youre talking about Glen stopping him in 9 rounds?! You musta confused him with RJJ.:rolleyes:

And stop talking about DUCKING. Nobody knows if Joe ducked Glen, maybe he thought he was a bad sell. Glen did lose a few important fights at 168. Merqui Sosa and Sheika both beat him there.

$BloodyNate$
05-06-2011, 02:51 PM
I would even say I don't think it's a guarantee Hopkins beat Johnson in a rematch if they ever fought over the last 2 years. Younger middleweight Hopkins beats him everytime though.

Joe relies on his speed and workrate to frustrate you and not let you get your shots off. It works well for him but he just doesn't have the power to keep somebody like Johnson away thats why he ducked him 4 times. Their's plenty of reason why he beat old Hopkins & Roy JOnes because they don't have the speed anymore they had in their prime. Its easy to keep your speed if you don't have no power.

Calzaghe couldn't hurt Johnson and that gets him hurt at the end. It ain't Calzaghe hate, it's a beautiful style match up for Johnson.

Pastrano
05-06-2011, 02:54 PM
I would even say I don't think it's a guarantee Hopkins beat Johnson in a rematch if they ever fought over the last 2 years. Younger middleweight Hopkins beats him everytime though.

Joe relies on his speed and workrate to frustrate you and not let you get your shots off. It works well for him but he just doesn't have the power to keep somebody like Johnson away thats why he ducked him 4 times. Their's plenty of reason why he beat old Hopkins & Roy JOnes because they don't have the speed anymore they had in their prime. Its easy to keep your speed if you don't have no power.

Calzaghe couldn't hurt Johnson and that gets him hurt at the end. It ain't Calzaghe hate, it's a beautiful style match up for Johnson.

Joe stopped Veit in 1 round, Veit was undefeated, was something like 38-0. He also stopped Mitchell in 2, as I already said. His power gets dissed, its because he chooses to slap more often than punch, but he still does punch and punches well. I'd say his power is equal to Bernard's.

He also stopped Sheika in 5 and Manfredo jr in 3.

$BloodyNate$
05-06-2011, 02:58 PM
So you really ARE a Glen-fanboy??:lol1: Ok...lets see. When did ever Calzaghe get run through? He fought some guys with more power than Johnson. Byron Mitchell had him down but Calz still came back and stopped him. Kessler staggered him a few times, yet couldn't stop him. I dare say Kessler hits harder than Glen. Not MUCH harder, but harder. He has scored more one punch knockouts anyway. Reid also hit pretty hard, at least as hard as Johnson. Nobody came close to stopping Joe and youre talking about Glen stopping him in 9 rounds?! You musta confused him with RJJ.:rolleyes:

And stop talking about DUCKING. Nobody knows if Joe ducked Glen, maybe he thought he was a bad sell. Glen did lose a few important fights at 168. Merqui Sosa and Sheika both beat him there.

No it's called look up more info then just boxrec fool. Calzaghe pulled out of that fight 3-4 times. Whenever he was suppose to fight him he pulled out with a hurt vagina then fought on like it was never even discussed until he came up again and then the hurt vagina came back LMAO

Like I said, watch Johnson fight instead of just looking at all his losses on boxrec. Calzaghe ****in hid in England FOR YEARS! No wonder nobody could walk through him he didn't have the balls to fight him. Their's more proof that Johnson ducked Calzaghe then their is for Calzaghe ducking Hopkins & Roy until they were old.

More power or more speed don't mean *****. Didn't Old shot Roy & Old Hopkins both put him on his ass? Exactly. Calzaghe never fought nobody like Glenn Johnson for you to even make such a dumbass statement. Like I said go watch him fight for once.

Boxing Bob
05-06-2011, 02:59 PM
Joe/Cal ducked Glen because of the little reward/big risk factor. He could easily defeat the lesser opponents(like he did) for the same money. That aside I think Joe would get the decision in a close fight. Glen has never got the nod in a close fight, no exception here. If the fight was in England it might be one of those referee stoppages popular british fighters get!

Pastrano
05-06-2011, 03:03 PM
No it's called look up more info then just boxrec fool. Calzaghe pulled out of that fight 3-4 times. Whenever he was suppose to fight him he pulled out with a hurt vagina then fought on like it was never even discussed until he came up again and then the hurt vagina came back LMAO

Like I said, watch Johnson fight instead of just looking at all his losses on boxrec. Calzaghe ****in hid in England FOR YEARS! No wonder nobody could walk through him he didn't have the balls to fight him. Their's more proof that Johnson ducked Calzaghe then their is for Calzaghe ducking Hopkins & Roy until they were old.

More power or more speed don't mean *****. Didn't Old shot Roy & Old Hopkins both put him on his ass? Exactly. Calzaghe never fought nobody like Glenn Johnson for you to even make such a dumbass statement. Like I said go watch him fight for once.
As a Calz fan, I've seen most of his fights. Its you who need to watch them-again, if you have seen them.:rolleyes: And Joe didn't HIDE in England, Glen was known for his willingness to travel, so why wouldn't he come to UK? Btw, Joe is from WALES, not England.:D

Pastrano
05-06-2011, 03:06 PM
Joe/Cal ducked Glen because of the little reward/big risk factor. He could easily defeat the lesser opponents(like he did) for the same money. That aside I think Joe would get the decision in a close fight. Glen has never got the nod in a close fight, no exception here. If the fight was in England it might be one of those referee stoppages popular british fighters get!

Absolutely goddamn right. Spot on.:beerchug: Johnson didnt hold a belt, was practically unknown outside of US back then and was a tough, strong fighter. It would just mean a tough fight without much gain for Joe. And when Glen moved up and captured the belt, Joe was still fighting at 168 and wouldn't leave his comfort zone. I believe he also was chasing to break the title defenses record.

$BloodyNate$
05-06-2011, 03:27 PM
As a Calz fan, I've seen most of his fights. Its you who need to watch them-again, if you have seen them.:rolleyes: And Joe didn't HIDE in England, Glen was known for his willingness to travel, so why wouldn't he come to UK? Btw, Joe is from WALES, not England.:D

I don't give a *****, same thing to American's.

Glenn Johnson is such an underrated boxer it's ridiculous. If they were just to box each other for 12 rounds Johnson out point him. Joes too sloppy with not enough power, he can't out work Calzaghe he would have gotten muscled and KO'd.

$BloodyNate$
05-06-2011, 03:28 PM
Absolutely goddamn right. Spot on.:beerchug: Johnson didnt hold a belt, was practically unknown outside of US back then and was a tough, strong fighter. It would just mean a tough fight without much gain for Joe. And when Glen moved up and captured the belt, Joe was still fighting at 168 and wouldn't leave his comfort zone. I believe he also was chasing to break the title defenses record.

Thats an absolute joke. How you gonna have 2 guys with 20 title defenses in the same division at the same times? Thats some biitch ***** in itself. It shows how he was hiding.

Pastrano
05-06-2011, 03:32 PM

Glenn Johnson is such an underrated boxer it's ridiculous. If they were just to box each other for 12 rounds Johnson out point him. Joes too sloppy with not enough power, he can't out work Calzaghe he would have gotten muscled and KO'd.

Look bro...go and ask 10 guys who really know their boxing about this and I bet at least 8 of them will say Calzaghe wins on points. If it goes 12 rounds and it def would, I just don't see Glen stopping him. Joe's too clever for that and his chin is sound, so Glen would have to like land 20 big punches in a flurry to stop Joe and we know thats impossible.

So instead of trying to argue this with pointless comments, accept the truth-your boy Glen isn't winning this any way.

The_Demon
05-06-2011, 03:35 PM

Calzaghe won't be able to push Johnson back like tee off on him with his slaps like he did to Lacey. Which means Johnson will take the fight to Calzaghe and Calzaghe doesn't have the power to make Johnson respect him and keep him off him. Johnson would walk him down and right thru him for I think a 8th or 9th round knockout after a beating.

Haha please tell me you aren't serious,i stuck up for you in another thread as you seemed like a good poster,i assume you are joking with this post

$BloodyNate$
05-06-2011, 03:44 PM
Haha please tell me you aren't serious,i stuck up for you in another thread as you seemed like a good poster,i assume you are joking with this post

It ain't no joke. The biggest laugh of this whole thread that really tickles my funny bone is Johnson has fought the much better opposition and has more quality wins. He's been robbed so many times, the losses trick fans that only look at Johnson boxrec and make them look stupid.

Johnson destroyed what was left in Roy Jones with a brutal KO. Calzaghe couldn't even put a worse Jones Jr out like 4-5 years later. Their's a reason Calzaghe gave Hopkins a hell of a fight even past Hopkins prime and that's because of his speed and work rate. He was faster then old Jones so he was able to impose his work rate and break Roy with his workrate. Johnson don't rely on speed and Calzaghe doesn't have the power too make Johnson respect him like I said. If they fought Glenn Johnson would be the toughest person Joe ever fought. Johnson would of KO'd Lacey, beat up Kessler, and like I said I don't think it's a guaranteed Hopkins would have beat Johnson if a rematch ever happened after the Tarver fight.

Think what you want. I don't care if you don't like my posts I speak what I feel and don't care about noones feelings. It's just my opinion do what ya want with it. Calzaghe was good decent fighter he's not nothing special especially since like I said Johnson would have been the toughest and best win on his resume. A win over any Glenn Johnson at any point his career is better then a win over old Hopkins & Old Jones Jr in my mind.

druss81
05-06-2011, 03:46 PM

American ignorance at it's finest! :burnout:

Pastrano
05-06-2011, 03:47 PM
It ain't no joke. The biggest laugh of this whole thread that really tickles my funny bone is Johnson has fought the much better opposition and has more quality wins. He's been robbed so many times, the losses trick fans that only look at Johnson boxrec and make them look stupid.

Johnson destroyed what was left in Roy Jones with a brutal KO. Calzaghe couldn't even put a worse Jones Jr out like 4-5 years later. Their's a reason Calzaghe gave Hopkins a hell of a fight even past Hopkins prime and that's because of his speed and work rate. He was faster then old Jones so he was able to impose his work rate and break Roy with his workrate. Johnson don't rely on speed and Calzaghe doesn't have the power too make Johnson respect him like I said. If they fought Glenn Johnson would be the toughest person Joe ever fought. Johnson would of KO'd Lacey, beat up Kessler, and like I said I don't think it's a guaranteed Hopkins would have beat Johnson if a rematch ever happened after the Tarver fight.

Think what you want. I don't care if you don't like my posts. Calzaghe was good decent fighter he's not nothing special especially since like I said Johnson would have been the toughest and best win on his resume. A win over any Glenn Johnson at any point his career is better then a win over old Hopkins & Old Jones Jr in my mind.

:haha: The biggest nonsense I ever heard about Joe so far. Joe relied on SPEED?!? I'm starting to wonder if we are talking about the same man here...:p

$BloodyNate$
05-06-2011, 04:01 PM
:haha: The biggest nonsense I ever heard about Joe so far. Joe relied on SPEED?!? I'm starting to wonder if we are talking about the same man here...:p

hahaha and you call yourself a Calzaghe fan? One of the man's best assets is his speed you moron. He's not knocking anybody good out and he's not out pointing nobody so he uses his relentless workrate with his fastass hands to hit smoother people and not let them get their shots off.

Are you kidding me? Joe has some of the fastest hands at super middleweight-Light heavyweight.

Spray_resistant
05-06-2011, 04:06 PM
Joe would win a hard fought UD, his pressure though would give Glen opportunities to land but I think it would be a case of one fighter fighting in 3 dimensions while his opponent is fight in 2.

Pastrano
05-06-2011, 04:08 PM
hahaha and you call yourself a Calzaghe fan? One of the man's best assets is his speed you moron. He's not knocking anybody good out and he's not out pointing nobody so he uses his relentless workrate with his fastass hands to hit smoother people and not let them get their shots off.

Are you kidding me? Joe has some of the fastest hands at super middleweight-Light heavyweight.

Speed and movement is not the same thing dullard. Ok, he had fast hands, but be more specific next time. The term "speed" in boxing usually means footspeed. You use "handspeed" and "speed".

BigStereotype
05-06-2011, 05:19 PM
Calzaghe wins a close fight. Johnson's advantages over most guys are in toughness in workrate, that's how he really gets **** done. Naturally, he's not really all that talented. Unfortunately for him, Calzaghe has an even higher workrate and isn't quite as granite tough, I don't think, but is up there himself. Calzaghe has all the natural advantages, although Johnson has a huge edge in power. Just looking at it, Calzaghe should win fairly handily, but those are the fights that Johnson always does best in, so I'll say Calzaghe in a 7-5 type fight.

RyunosukeRonin
05-07-2011, 01:28 AM
calzaghe ud 7-5

Earl Hickey
05-07-2011, 02:09 AM
Calzaghe by late stoppage.

NicoBehram
05-07-2011, 07:12 AM
do you even like boxing??

NicoBehram
05-07-2011, 07:17 AM
do you even like boxing??

i gotta ask, cause imo one that appreciates boxing has to appreciate a guy like Glen Johnson. He fights best, allways has. He comes to fight, allways does. That road warrior moniker fits him so well. Besides, he seems like a good guy and gentleman outside the ring.
And i know in recent years he took the liberty of actually complaining when not getting the nod in a close fight, but having experienced it so much, i cant really blame him..

I still think Calzaghe wins a close, but unanimous d over him though.

NicoBehram
05-07-2011, 07:27 AM

i cant agree with this. True, Dawson has all the tools in the world, but the Dawson that fought pascal, loses to Joe Calzaghe IMO.

Not saying he cant develop, but he hasnt shown me anything so far that would make me categorise him as someone "special". Calzaghe on the other hand, while not an ATG imo, had loads of intangibles and was so awkward that "special" would be one of the most fitting words for him..

CiganoBoxer
05-07-2011, 07:27 AM
Sorry guys Calzaghe would be to good for Glen and win via UD :boxing:

RichCCFC
05-07-2011, 06:56 PM
Tarvoris Cloud beat Glen Johnson, as did Clinton Woods.

I'll say no more