Offense: Dawson

Other:
Workrate: Dawson
Intangibles: Dawson
Boxing IQ: ?

Blue Print Fight:
Jones vs Tarver

Who wins and why?

Jones threw better combinations, had much greater offense AND defense. A homeless version of Roy (Pascal) beat up Chad last year. Roy would flatten him late.

Toney616
05-06-2011, 01:18 PM
Jones threw better combinations, had much greater offense AND defense. A homeless version of Roy (Pascal) beat up Chad last year. Roy would flatten him late.
During which fight would you say Jones showed he had a better offense than Dawson?

edit:
defense changed

House of Stone
05-06-2011, 01:26 PM
During which fight would you say Jones showed he had a better offense than Dawson?

edit:
defense changed

dude in fairness its not even up for argument Jones >>> Dawson

IMDAZED
05-06-2011, 03:57 PM

edit:
defense changed

About half of his career collection at the least. Better combinations, more KO's, more wide UD's, was one of the most accurate fighters in the sport...he was just an all around better fighter, offense and defense.

Pastrano
05-06-2011, 04:15 PM
As much as I like and admire Bad Chad as a boxer, he'd have very little to bring against a guy like Roy. His speed is not outstanding and he tends to get caught flush, like in the first Johnson fight. Roy would just thrash him against the ropes all the time and Dawson could never land anything big on him. And even if he did, his power is not such that he could really hurt Roy. Not with one punch.

Walt Liquor
05-06-2011, 04:33 PM
I don't give dawson a single advantage over roy in your list.

intangibles? workrate?

dawson had a fight or two (glen johnson) where he worked hard

Pastrano
05-06-2011, 04:37 PM
The most Chad could hope for was to last the distance and win three rounds max.

Walt Liquor
05-06-2011, 04:38 PM
Power is definitely advantage roy

BigStereotype
05-06-2011, 04:50 PM
I really don't think there's any way you can make an argument that Dawson had a better offense than RJJ...or really any kind of chance. Jones toys with him.

TheHolyCross
05-06-2011, 05:19 PM
Physical Attributes:
Power:?
Hand speed: Jones

Technical Attributes:
Combinations: Dawson
Jab: Dawson
Footwork:?
Defense:Jones

Other:

Blue Print Fight:
Jones vs Tarver

Who wins and why?
wtf is the matter with you?

dawson has nothing over jones
power/footwork/IQ "?", seriously?

not to mention giving dawson a better offense, sweet jesus

SNAKE GRIFFIN
05-07-2011, 02:27 AM
Physical Attributes:
Power:?

Technical Attributes:
Footwork:?

Other:

Blue Print Fight:
Jones vs Tarver

Who wins and why?

Physical Attributes: Dawson
Power: Even

Hand speed:Jones Jnr

Technical Attributes:
Combinations: Jones Jnr
Footwork:Jones Jnr
Defense:Dawson
Offense: Jones Jnr

Other:
Boxing IQ: Dawson

Prime vs prime this is a great fight full of skill. if Dawson uses his size and slickness and has the bit between the teeth from the off i can't see Jnr winning.
Before you hate Jones Jnr never faced top class competition and fought in a weak division and was still beaten by Tarver and Johnson both who lost to Bad Chad.

BigStereotype
05-07-2011, 02:57 AM
Physical Attributes: Dawson
Power: Even

Hand speed:Jones Jnr

Technical Attributes:
Combinations: Jones Jnr
Footwork:Jones Jnr
Defense:Dawson
Offense: Jones Jnr

Other:
Boxing IQ: Dawson

Prime vs prime this is a great fight full of skill. if Dawson uses his size and slickness and has the bit between the teeth from the off i can't see Jnr winning.
Before you hate Jones Jnr never faced top class competition and fought in a weak division and was still beaten by Tarver and Johnson both who lost to Bad Chad.

1. Oh my God
2. You can say that Roy Jones didn't fight any top competition, until you actually watch his career. Then that sort of stops being applicable. Remember when he annihilated the p4p 1 James Toney? Yeah, me too.
3. Oh my God
4. Ever hear of a triangle theory? They're especially laughable when you use an old and rapidly declining fighter. EX: Trevor Berbick > Muhammad Ali > Sonny Liston

Toney616
05-07-2011, 06:47 AM
wtf is the matter with you?

dawson has nothing over jones
power/footwork/IQ "?", seriously?
I didn't know what to put so I left it blank, so other posters here could give me their opinions.

The_Demon
05-07-2011, 06:49 AM
Jones dominates him and stops him mid rounds,Dawson has never faced anybody athletically better than him and i feel he wouldnt know what too do with a prime roy,he followed Pascal around looking confused quite a lot,so i can only imagine it would be ten times worse for him against Rjj

TheHolyCross
05-07-2011, 06:51 AM
I didnt know what to put so I left it blank, so other posters here could give me their opinions.

it's not all attributes, just a simple style could be nightmare for another fighter even if the other fighter has the advantage in all the things you listed

but in this case, dawson doesn't stand much of a chance in terms of physicality or style and im a big bad chad fan

Toney616
05-07-2011, 06:59 AM
I don't give dawson a single advantage over roy in your list.
Dawson has a better jab

intangibles?
The will to win. The ability to fight through adversity.

Dawson showed his when he fought Johnson in their first fight. Even though he didnt give a good account of himself with Pascal he was slowly starting to take over the fight rather than give up

Jones dug deep during the last rounds of the Tarver I fight, seemed to be content to finish during other tough fights like Johnson and Tarver III

Workrate?
At lhw Jones punch output is around 35-40 punches per round.

Dawson had a fight or two (glen johnson) where he worked hard
I'm talking about work rate (i.e avg punch output) and you are talking about a couple of hard fights?

Toney616
05-07-2011, 07:04 AM
it's not all attributes, just a simple style could be nightmare for another fighter even if the other fighter has the advantage in all the things you listed
True. But how would you state that if you had to produce a list?
Style advantage: Jones?

but in this case, dawson doesn't stand much of a chance in terms of physicality or style and im a big bad chad fan
Do you think he can improve under manny?

musiol
05-07-2011, 07:31 AM
Dawson has a better jab

Dawson showed his when he fought Johnson in their first fight. Even though he didnt give a good account of himself with Pascal he was slowly starting to take over the fight rather than give up

Jones dug deep during the last rounds of the Tarver I fight, seemed to be content to finish during other tough fights like Johnson and Tarver III

I'm talking about work rate (i.e avg punch output) and you are talking about a couple of hard fights?

when did a good jab bother jones you keep talking about tarver fights where he was shot. a thought this was prime for prime?

Toney616
05-07-2011, 07:40 AM
your a muppet since when did a good jab bother jones
I don't remember saying it did. I'm just listings their attributes. I take it comprehension isn't your strong point

you keep talking about Tarver fights where he was shot
I listed the Tarver fights as a stylistic match-up. Jones vs a tall rangy southpaw. I never said he was prime during those fights

Also how the fvck was he shot?

your a complete gay shut up!!a thought this was prime for prime you just stay quiet *****
You don't have the slightest clue what you are going on about. Intangibles have nothing to do with whether a fighter is in their prime or not. Example take Morales who was shot against Maidana or Toney vs Peters II

PS: stop being a blind fanboy

musiol
05-07-2011, 07:55 AM
Dawson has a better jab

I don't remember saying it did. I'm just listings their attributes. I take it comprehension isn't your strong point

I listed the Tarver fights as a stylistic match-up. Jones vs a tall rangy southpaw

Also how the fvck was he shot?

You don't have the slightest clue what you are going on about. Intangibles have nothing to do with whether a fighter is in their prime or not. Example take Morales who was shot against Maidana or Toney vs Peters II

dont have a clue funny followed boxing for 23yrs its weird how no one has a agreed with you, your taking about the ten year p4p king in his day v dawson who in his prime was beaten recently by our good friend pascal no man beat prime jones fact m888888888

Toney616
05-07-2011, 08:02 AM
dont have a clue funny followed boxing for 23yrs its weird how no one has a agreed with you,
No one has agreed with me on what? Physical attributes? I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong on something. You notice I made of point of saying I didnt know certain things and I never insulted anyone here either for disagreeing we me, unlike a certain poster here

your taking about the ten year p4p king in his day
All of that p4p stuff is a load of rubbish. People treating an IMAGINARY ranking system as though it means something

v dawson who in his prime was beaten recently by our good friend pascal no man beat prime jones fact m888888888
Montell Griffin:ugh:

Also you still haven't answered my question, how was Jones shot exactly?

musiol
05-07-2011, 08:54 AM
No one has agreed with me on what? Physical attributes? I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong on something. You notice I made of point of saying I didnt know certain things and I never insulted anyone here either for disagreeing we me, unlike a certain poster here

All of that p4p stuff is a load of rubbish. People treating an IMAGINARY ranking system as though it means something

Montell Griffin:ugh:

Also you still haven't answered my question, how was Jones shot exactly?

jones was on the slide after heavyweight he only pot shoted in the first tarver fight and was fukd after 6rounds blowing out his arse, since that fight look at his record he was total pants a shadow of the man he was.

montel griffin a knew you would bring that up montel does a dirrel and win by DQ he had just hit the canvas b4 hand and was hurt and gonna be stopped but jones stupidly took his anger out and hit him on the deck,WHY probably because he was having an off nite and was pist off abit.it says a L on his record after that fight but any boxing fan would know that was not the case,the phrase clutching at straws comes to mind when you have to bring that up,:killyou:

Toney616
05-07-2011, 09:53 AM
jones was on the slide after heavyweight
He has been on the slide since the Harmon fight. I don't think it was a coincidence that his prime ended with that fight either

he only pot shoted in the first tarver fight and was fukd after 6rounds blowing out his arse,
That was a conditioning issue, which has nothing to do with whether a fighter is in their prime or not.

for the record I class him as past prime (but still a top fighter), just not shot

since that fight look at his record he was total pants a shadow of the man he was.
Getting koed by Tarver and refusing to train properly sent his career downhill.

montel griffin I knew you would bring that up montel does a dirrel and win by DQ he had just hit the canvas b4 hand and was hurt and gonna be stopped but jones stupidly took his anger out and hit him on the deck,

Irrelevant. He still deserved to get dqed, whether Montell was acting or not. The fight was also about even, which shows that Montell gave a damned good account of himself. The rumour I heard was that Perez would of docked two points from Jones if Griffin could of continued. Not to mention that fact that they would of given Griffin time to recover

WHY probably because he was having an off nite and was pist off abit.it says a L on his record after that fight but any boxing fan would know that was not the case,the phrase clutching at straws comes to mind when you have to bring that up,:killyou:
lol
Griffin was a top fighter and trained by the legendary Eddie Futch. It was Griffins tactics that were gave Jones fits, not the fact that he was having an off night. Grffin's tactics were basically the same ones used by McCallum. Who also gave a good account of himself against Jones

Pastrano
05-07-2011, 10:19 AM
Toney's got a point, it depends which Roy Jones we are talking about. The one that koed Griffin in 1 round or the one that barely scraped a win against Tarver and then got koed by him? Dawson clearly beats the other one, but the first one beats him for sure.

Toney616
05-07-2011, 10:26 AM
Toney's got a point, it depends which Roy Jones we are talking about. The one that koed Griffin in 1 round or the one that barely scraped a win against Tarver and then got koed by him? Dawson clearly beats the other one, but the first one beats him for sure.
Ive got Jones being past prime from the Harmon fight onwards. I only really mentioned the Tarver fights for how he copes with the stylistic matchup

SCtrojansbaby
05-07-2011, 11:11 AM
ive got jones being past prime from the harmon fight onwards. i only really mentioned the tarver fights for how he copes with the stylistic matchup

wtf? .

Toney616
05-07-2011, 11:27 AM
wtf? .
He had clearly slipped a step by that fight. I'm sure im not the only one to notice he was getting hit more than usual in that fight. Still a top fighter though, just not at his 100% best
When do you have his prime ending?

SNAKE GRIFFIN
05-07-2011, 02:03 PM
1. Oh my God
2. You can say that Roy Jones didn't fight any top competition, until you actually watch his career. Then that sort of stops being applicable. Remember when he annihilated the p4p 1 James Toney? Yeah, me too.
3. Oh my God
4. Ever hear of a triangle theory? They're especially laughable when you use an old and rapidly declining fighter. EX: Trevor Berbick > Muhammad Ali > Sonny Liston

Name another great fighter Jnr's beat? apart from a green Hopkins?
Don't pass of Montel Griffin and Virgil Hill as greats.
Don't even consider Tito coming out of retirement and stepping up in weight from middleweight where he was out of his depth a great win.

On the other hand Hopkins wants none of Chad, Calzaghe wanted none of Chad and he beats Pascal easy if he turns up in a rematch.

JAB5239
05-07-2011, 03:42 PM
Name another great fighter Jnr's beat? apart from a green Hopkins?
Don't pass of Montel Griffin and Virgil Hill as greats.
Don't even consider Tito coming out of retirement and stepping up in weight from middleweight where he was out of his depth a great win.

On the other hand Hopkins wants none of Chad, Calzaghe wanted none of Chad and he beats Pascal easy if he turns up in a rematch.

Virgil Hill should certainly be considered great. He's one of the top 25 light heavies in history in my opinion. Mind you, I don't consider him an elite great, but he was a top 10 fighter for nearly two decades.

IIIX JACK XIII
05-07-2011, 06:37 PM
both are overrated, but chad would have little chance

RichCCFC
05-07-2011, 06:43 PM
Edited again
Physical Attributes:
Power: Dawson

Technical Attributes:
Footwork:Jones
Offense: Offense (mainly counterpunching)

Other:
Intangibles: Equal
Boxing IQ: Jones

Blue Print Fight:
Jones vs Tarver

Who wins and why?

Power - Jones
Combinations - Jones (close ish)
Defence - Dawson

Jones would kick Dawson's ass.

TKO him in 10

Ziggy Stardust
05-07-2011, 08:09 PM
Should have made it a public poll so we could see which two retards voted for Dawson :rolleyes9:

Poet

Toney616
05-08-2011, 04:59 AM
Should have made it a public poll so we could see which two retards voted for Dawson :rolleyes9:

Poet
I keep forgetting to use that option:sad:

bojangles1987
05-08-2011, 07:53 AM
Dawson would be lucky to hear the final bell.

The Surgeon
05-08-2011, 08:52 AM
Dawson was disapointing vs Pascal but make no mistake Bad Chad Dawson is one of the best boxers in the world today. With that said its almost disrespectful to question who would win a Dawson vs Jones fight such was the Greatness of his Royness at his best! Jones Jnr all day long! Ya'll must forgot! :boxing:

New England
05-08-2011, 11:50 AM
roy jones at his best was superhuman

he was superman

dawson, at the height of his powers, is robin at best
dude a aint even batman (who's really just a rich guy in an expensive suit, anyhow)

roy had supernatural powers at this best
he could concuss a man from across the ring
he saw things before they happened, and would make a man pay for a mistake

roy by murder, bloody murder

jean pascal has already been brought up as a poor man's jones
and he became the LHW champion of the world fighting dawson

New England
05-08-2011, 05:42 PM
:alcoholic:headbang:Should have made it a public poll so we could see which two retards voted for Dawson :rolleyes9:

Poet

it was me
:headbang::alcoholic

both of em

Ziggy Stardust
05-08-2011, 05:59 PM
it was me
:headbang::alcoholic

both of em

I thought I told you to lay off the sauce when voting dammit? :nonono:

tyger
05-09-2011, 03:23 AM
Jones was much better than Pascal was. Jones would have an easy night ib his prime. Unless you mean if they fought now.

Did you know there is a fantasy fights section?

$Natedatpkid$
05-09-2011, 03:40 AM
I feel like maybe the Dawson from the Adamek, Glenn Johnson fights, Tarver fights, and even the Dawson from the last round or 2 from the Pascal fight might put up a fight against Roy Jones. But I don't think he'd win the fight. Roy still wins a clear decision but I feel like Dawson could at least make it a decent fight by maybe stealing a few rounds to make it interesting.

When Dawson's on he's a pretty good fighter I'll give him that much respect at least to were I think he would get completely trashed like some people might make you to believe.

Toney616
05-09-2011, 02:17 PM
Lol @ you thinking Griffin beat prime Jones! LOFL!

:no:
Griffin won that fight. Jones deserved to be dqed for what he did

Toney616
05-09-2011, 02:22 PM
If it was not an off night why did Roy blow out Griffin in the first rd of the rematch? That was one of the worst attemts to get up I've ever seen. Give it up man. You are looking like a fool.
Well lets see:
-Griffin had broke up with Eddie Futch
-Jones already had some idea of the plan that Griffin was going to use

Jones was not the same fighter after he fought Ruiz and Tarver wasn't the reason. It was obvious for anyone to see that has any common sense.
Obviously not you
You do not become shot because you cut weight for one fight

New England
05-09-2011, 02:26 PM
I thought I told you to lay off the sauce when voting dammit? :nonono:

i was drowning my sorrows after watching shane's corpse get beat up in a sparring session and apologize

*touches gloves

Ziggy Stardust
05-09-2011, 03:34 PM
i was drowning my sorrows after watching shane's corpse get beat up in a sparring session and apologize

*touches gloves

Well, there has to be SOME dispensation for that :chuckle9: No glove touching though: There was enough of that Saturday night to last the rest of the year :frustrated9:

Poet

NChristo
05-09-2011, 03:45 PM
Did you know there is a fantasy fights section?

Think most people agree that Fantasy Fights are welcome here, more people visit and you're likely to get a better response.

THE REED™
05-09-2011, 03:46 PM
Power and combos both goto Roy as well.

It's a wash.