View Full Version : Sparring....Backyard

DeadlyOverhand
05-05-2011, 10:10 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPoS-uILc_g

This was about a year ago and I haven't sparred for about a year.
I know is not in a gym, but right now I can't afford it I have some more that are more recent, but can't put them I youtube for now

I'm the one in all black and I've been in boxing for MMA about three months.

KayDub
05-05-2011, 10:36 AM
Honestly, you guys didn't look as bad as the typical people that come on here and post their backyard boxing.

BUT!

Go to a gym. You look young, so your potential is limitless right now. The longer you stay out of a real boxing gym, the worst off it is for you. You have a LOT you need to work on.

CiganoBoxer
05-05-2011, 12:28 PM
Well done lads...but like the guy said above your only young and can learn so much if you went to a gym ...:)

Cuban Boxing
05-05-2011, 12:32 PM
go to a real gym and spar boxers that know how to box.. and we'll see :wank:

DeadlyOverhand
05-05-2011, 02:05 PM
go to a real gym and spar boxers that know how to box.. and we'll see :wank:

When I afford it I would. I hate the aspect of not going to the gym

Barnburner
05-05-2011, 04:01 PM
Pretty good for someone who hasn't been trained much as the other poster said, post another video after around 6 months .

DeadlyOverhand
05-06-2011, 02:06 PM
Pretty good for someone who hasn't been trained much as the other poster said, post another video after around 6 months .

Well do....

..David..
05-06-2011, 05:41 PM
it was ok... but yeah join a boxing gym if its money the problem then dont worry ... look for a tough looking gym you look young if you talk to the trainer and explain your situation to him im sure he will make u a discount or maybe charge u something symbolic.

Many serious boxing trainers dont really care about the gym fee as long as you are serious about fighting.

TheHolyCross
05-06-2011, 05:54 PM
terrible stuff....no commitment, best you get to a gym and offload, cuz this pitty pat, slo mo sht aint gettin you nowhere

mr.thraz
05-08-2011, 05:51 AM
cute..... .

not much new to really say.

you need training ...badly.

not saying that you look bad, for
someone untrained your surprisingly good.

your patient, placing shots well, you
in-particular counter pretty nice.

all thats good for someone who just
learned from watching tv and friends maybe.

but your footwork sucks, everything
you build on-top of that will suffer for it.

get to a gym, with what you've shown from not having training, if you do get it you could do something with boxing.

.WaRCoTTo.
05-09-2011, 04:52 PM
Atleast wear the headgear if you have no experience and are backyard brawling, it'll protect you guys a lot more than you think..

as far as the video goes, it's a toughman show case, there's hardly technique and bad habits being built, if you can't get to a gym, sparring is the last thing you should be working on by yourself, how about road work?, you look a lil heavy for your size, lose weight that should take up most of your time, after that learn the variation of punches, and work on your stance by shadow boxing like 10 rounds a day..hitting something or someone isn't always the best form of boxing training, especially when there's no coach to correct the mistakes and help you advance.

them_apples
05-10-2011, 06:41 PM
When I afford it I would. I hate the aspect of not going to the gym

good for kids. Keep it up. your buddy is good sparring too so keep sparring with him in the meantime.

Grosser611
05-12-2011, 04:48 AM
haha I wish I could even spar like this. I guess its just more practice, more practice, more practice ey.

Fearless
05-14-2011, 06:14 AM
You are the only guy I've seen from backyard sparring videos (I haven't seen much) that actually actually makes attempts at ducking.

But yeah like everyone said, you need to go to a gym. With what you have right now, they can turn you into a monster in the ring. I put my money on that!

chiguy91
05-14-2011, 06:52 AM
nice vid, it was honestly entertaining, but buy some headgear if you can. join a gym asap though, you're young, so you don't have bad habits right now, you can learn a lot and grown into a comfortable style with experience at a gym.

DeadlyOverhand
05-17-2011, 09:18 AM
nice vid, it was honestly entertaining, but buy some headgear if you can. join a gym asap though, you're young, so you don't have bad habits right now, you can learn a lot and grown into a comfortable style with experience at a gym.

Thanx guys, I turned in a couple Job applications so I'll probebly join a gym late June or early July...

Be_kind_rewind
05-20-2011, 11:43 PM
Throwing more refined punches and combinations is the main key to sucess you have a general idea as far as slipping punches go..