View Full Version : Wrist problems- HELP!

CymruAmByth
05-05-2011, 05:04 AM
I've recently started training again at a new gym after a year lay off. When i was training before i remember having some trouble with both wrists. It seems the pain in my left wrist has completely gone and i can hook and uppercut the bags as much as i want with no problems. But yesterday i hit the bag with a right and had a shooting pain through my wrist. I already use 4.5m wraps but was wondering if there's anything i can do for extra support? I've heard some people tape their wrists before putting their wraps on but what sort of tape do they use? Any help would be much appreciated!

SplitSecond
05-05-2011, 07:00 AM
you uppercut the bag? you got one of those spherical heavybags?

Check_hooks
05-05-2011, 07:26 AM
Start jacking off with dumbbells. First do 2.5 pounds and each week add another 2.5 pounds. Once you get to 3 sets of 50 reps your first should be fine. Also buy one of those hand grip things and do hundreds of them everyday.

DeadlyOverhand
05-05-2011, 10:03 AM
Start jacking off with dumbbells. First do 2.5 pounds and each week add another 2.5 pounds. Once you get to 3 sets of 50 reps your first should be fine. Also buy one of those hand grip things and do hundreds of them everyday.

Dats a good wrist work out never thought of adding weights:wank:

teedogg
05-05-2011, 11:26 AM
I have the same problem and bought some athletic tape from Title which I use underneath my normal handwraps, it helps a lot for supporting the wrist - you can also get some underwrap to put under the athletic tape so it doesn't pull out you arm hair when taking it off, not necessary but you might prefer it. Hope that helps.
- Just to add - you can buy athletic tape from soccer suppliers and the like.