View Full Version : Juan Kid Meza vs Jaime Garza

NChristo
05-03-2011, 03:57 PM
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yy64HxDZTEc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

First time I've seen this fight in a while, forgot what a fight it was, one of the best 1 rounders I've ever seen and what a KO.

RubenSonny
05-03-2011, 04:35 PM
Crazy knockout, never seen this.

TBear
05-03-2011, 04:58 PM
Garza was to be the next Wilfredo Gomez after Gomez moved up. He had an awesome knockout record. It was against limited opposition however. It was still a bit of a suprise when Kid Meza knocked him out. I remember watching the fight because it was televised nationally, as was Meza losing the same title to Lupe Pintor the next year.

Scott9945
05-03-2011, 08:53 PM
Garza was to be the next Wilfredo Gomez after Gomez moved up. He had an awesome knockout record. It was against limited opposition however. It was still a bit of a suprise when Kid Meza knocked him out. I remember watching the fight because it was televised nationally, as was Meza losing the same title to Lupe Pintor the next year.

I remember watching this fight on CBS. It was a stunner because Garza was the Edwin Valero of his time. I thought he would shake it off, but he was never the same fighter again.

TBear
05-05-2011, 07:23 AM
I remember watching this fight on CBS. It was a stunner because Garza was the Edwin Valero of his time. I thought he would shake it off, but he was never the same fighter again.

Exactly! When Valero destroying all those fighters no one heard of I was drawing comparisons to Garza, even though few in the nsb knew who I was talking about.