View Full Version : Hagler vs Jackson

SNAKE GRIFFIN
05-02-2011, 03:46 PM
What Happens does the hardest puncher of all time stop, knockdown or KO? Hagler, does Hagler stop Jackson early to prove Jackson was as vunerable as he was dangerous?.

Barn
05-02-2011, 03:52 PM
Hagler is a different class.

Hagler wins as if he is in a different class.

This is because he is in a different class.

JAB5239
05-02-2011, 03:58 PM
This is a mismatch. Hagler stops him early.

Boxing Bob
05-02-2011, 04:38 PM
Hagler had power,boxing savy,and a great chin. Jackson had power. As stated above Hagler! Early

IronDanHamza
05-02-2011, 04:48 PM
It's already been beautifully put but to reiterate;

Different class of fighters. Hagler stops him.

Barn
05-02-2011, 04:49 PM
Wait, are you talking about Peter Jackson?

:lol1:

kristokas
05-02-2011, 04:51 PM
hagler will KO Jackson..

Thread Stealer
05-02-2011, 05:48 PM
Hagler would outbox Jackson and stop him in the mid rounds.

Scott9945
05-02-2011, 06:29 PM
If Hagler had a shaky chin you'd have to give JJ a chance. But he didn't, so I can't. Like a previous comment said, they were two different classes of fighters.

DarkTerror88
05-02-2011, 09:33 PM
*statement about the difference in class*

TBear
05-03-2011, 06:14 AM
This is a mismatch. Hagler stops him early.

I agree with this.

SNAKE GRIFFIN
05-03-2011, 06:19 AM
Ok new question more about a test of Hagler's chin or the ultimate test of the greatest chin of all time.

If Jackson lands a bomb and i mean a BOMB what happens?

Discuss.

Barn
05-03-2011, 06:23 AM
Ok new question more about a test of Hagler's chin or the ultimate test of the greatest chin of all time.

If Jackson lands a bomb and i mean a BOMB what happens?

Discuss.
Hagler says "holy **** what was that" puts on a frowny face proceeds to get exceptionally angry and removes all of julian jackssons teeth in the following 2 minutes.

Barn
05-03-2011, 06:27 AM
Hagler says "holy **** what was that" puts on a frowny face proceeds to get exceptionally angry and removes all of julian jackssons teeth in the following 2 minutes.
In all seriousness though does Julian Jackson hit harder than Hearns? I'm not sure, Hagler wasn't even floored by Hearns or stunned for any significant period of time. So even if the Hawk does hit harder the most he can do is force a prolonged stun and I think that's being generous.

The_Demon
05-03-2011, 12:56 PM
Would last 4 or 5 rounds,Hagler beats him down badly

joseph5620
05-03-2011, 01:15 PM
Hagler is a different class.

Hagler wins as if he is in a different class.

This is because he is in a different class.

Exactly. Hagler and it's not close. Hagler would beat up fighters like Jackson every day of the week. Jackson's power would mean nothing against Hagler.

Pastrano
05-03-2011, 01:35 PM
JJ did have fast feet...but Hagler's chin doesn't crack that easy, even if you are The Hawk. Jackson's chin however was suspect. Hagler by TKO7.

SNAKE GRIFFIN
05-03-2011, 02:54 PM
In all seriousness though does Julian Jackson hit harder than Hearns? I'm not sure, Hagler wasn't even floored by Hearns or stunned for any significant period of time. So even if the Hawk does hit harder the most he can do is force a prolonged stun and I think that's being generous.

You need to get off Haglers nuts and that coming from a big fan of Hagler.

The_Demon
05-03-2011, 03:03 PM

What did he say that you disagree with? I thought he made a good point

Barn
05-03-2011, 03:39 PM
So Jackson hits harder than Hearns?
No need to flame because, I made a point you disagree with is there.
Hearns hit Hagler with an amazing shot and what happened, he broke his hand and only stopped Hagler in his tracks for a few seconds before he resumed his assualt.
Haglers skull is the equivalent of wearing a WWII helmet and his trapezies are twice the width of any normal human being ie: Herol Graham :)

Maybe it's YOU who need to get off Jacksons nuts?

Ziggy Stardust
05-03-2011, 03:41 PM

What's the issue? Hagler took the best shots of Tommy Fvcking Hearns and walked right through them. Extolling the virtues of Hagler's PROVEN chin hardly qualifies as "nuthugging".

Poet

New England
05-03-2011, 05:25 PM
in a slugfest i usually favor the man with the chin

hagler had other gears that he could have gone to, outside of slugging.
but the opportunity to slug would be there, and he'd have the power to hurt jackson with one shot.

Brockton, Massachusetts via TKO in six. drops him with a big shot after getting the better of every round
works the body, all that jazz. pro ****.
pours it on after the kd on the ropes and the ref would have to do his job and stop it
classic performance but not classic fight considering the lack of competition

lesser men defeated jackson than marvin hagler

jackson really could crack, though
"Bang, there you go!"

SNAKE GRIFFIN
05-04-2011, 02:10 AM
So Jackson hits harder than Hearns?
No need to flame because, I made a point you disagree with is there.
Hearns hit Hagler with an amazing shot and what happened, he broke his hand and only stopped Hagler in his tracks for a few seconds before he resumed his assualt.
Haglers skull is the equivalent of wearing a WWII helmet and his trapezies are twice the width of any normal human being ie: Herol Graham :)

Maybe it's YOU who need to get off Jacksons nuts?

Im no jackson fan Im a Hagler fan like you but you can't just toss jacksons power aside with the obvious bias you have for Hagler , Hearns hits harder than jackson not so sure about that but its close, and yer i think Jackson gets stopped early im talking early.
My post was about Hagler walking through Jackson's biggest shot i think its possible the guy was a freak.

SNAKE GRIFFIN
05-04-2011, 02:12 AM
in a slugfest i usually favor the man with the chin

hagler had other gears that he could have gone to, outside of slugging.
but the opportunity to slug would be there, and he'd have the power to hurt jackson with one shot.

Brockton, Massachusetts via TKO in six. drops him with a big shot after getting the better of every round
works the body, all that jazz. pro ****.
pours it on after the kd on the ropes and the ref would have to do his job and stop it
classic performance but not classic fight considering the lack of competition

lesser men defeated jackson than marvin hagler

jackson really could crack, though
"Bang, there you go!"

I agree Jackson was vunerable. Probaly not the same beast at middlewight aswell.

Barn
05-04-2011, 03:35 AM
Im no jackson fan Im a Hagler fan like you but you can't just toss jacksons power aside with the obvious bias you have for Hagler , Hearns hits harder than jackson not so sure about that but its close, and yer i think Jackson gets stopped early im talking early.
My post was about Hagler walking through Jackson's biggest shot i think its possible the guy was a freak.
I stated facts the whole way through.