View Full Version : What Their Records Really Should Read?

Perfect Plex
05-01-2011, 11:42 PM
Right, post what you feel should be fighters REAL record but isn't and give reason behind your pick.

I'll start.

Pernell Whitaker's Real Record.
42-3-0
Should of won against Ramirez 1st time and defeated Chavez.

Oscar De La Hoya Real Record
41-5-0.
I feel he defeated Trinidad & Mosley the second time, but lost the Strum, & Mayweather fights. I also felt he won the Quartey fight.

RubenSonny
05-01-2011, 11:49 PM
I felt Whitaker and Quartey beat DLH, I had DLH-Trinidad a draw and I felt he beat Mosley the second time.

Edit:Sturm deserved the nod as well.

Perfect Plex
05-01-2011, 11:56 PM
I felt Whitaker and Quartey beat DLH, I had DLH-Trinidad a draw and I felt he beat Mosley the second time.

Edit:Sturm deserved the nod as well.

So what does that make his record then?

BigStereotype
05-01-2011, 11:59 PM
This is asking for trouble...

RubenSonny
05-02-2011, 12:05 AM
So what does that make his record then?

Awww man I'm too tired for simple math :lol1:

43-2-0 PW
38-7-1 ODLH

I hope thats right.

Perfect Plex
05-02-2011, 12:06 AM
Awww man I'm too tired for simple math :lol1:

43-2-0 PW
38-7-1 ODLH

I hope thats right.

Wow, De La Hoya record dosen't look really all to good there.

RubenSonny
05-02-2011, 12:14 AM
Wow, De La Hoya record dosen't look really all to good there.

Meh, just numbers really still got some decent wins in there.

Perfect Plex
05-02-2011, 12:19 AM
I'd be interested for someone who watched the majority of Sven Oktte career show his real record

Scott9945
05-02-2011, 12:31 AM
Whitaker should be 43-3. He should have been unbeaten until DLH beat him in a close one. The Trinidad and Bojorquez losses are indisputable.

Boxing Bob
05-02-2011, 12:34 AM
I never saw Ottke fight but doing some research he sure had some razor thin MDs, SDs, and UDs. All of them at home in Germany. Just sayin......

SCtrojansbaby
05-02-2011, 12:54 AM
Winky Wright should have Ws against Vargas and Taylor

Wild Blue Yonda
05-02-2011, 01:35 AM
I thought De La Hoya drew with Quartey & beat both Trinidad & Mosley (rematch), but lost to Sturm. That takes him from 39-6-0 to 39-5-1.

SCtrojansbaby
05-02-2011, 02:38 AM
James Toney 73-6-3

Rahman 1 & 2
Ruiz
Peter 1
Griffin 1
McCallum 1 (not a total robbery but I thought Toney won)
Sanderline Williams 1

All should be wins

James Toney record should be 80-4

Barn
05-02-2011, 05:42 AM
Hagler - 62-3-2

65-1-1

JAB5239
05-02-2011, 09:26 AM
James Toney 73-6-3

Rahman 1 & 2
Ruiz
Peter 1
Griffin 1
McCallum 1 (not a total robbery but I thought Toney won)
Sanderline Williams 1

All should be wins

James Toney record should be 80-4

Can't give Toney the Ruiz win. Cheating is cheating.

New England
05-02-2011, 09:31 AM
I'd be interested for someone who watched the majority of Sven Oktte career show his real record

i don't know if i could survive all of that

Barn
05-02-2011, 12:14 PM
Muhammad Ali, maybe should have a few less wins.

Jou Louis vs JJW I

Rocky Marcianos win against La Starza was apparantly contraversial.

Scott9945
05-02-2011, 12:14 PM
Can't give Toney the Ruiz win. Cheating is cheating.

And I don't know how you can give him the second Rahman fight. It was stopped early due to a clear headbutt.

McGoorty
07-18-2011, 09:04 PM
Right, post what you feel should be fighters REAL record but isn't and give reason behind your pick.

I'll start.

Pernell Whitaker's Real Record.
42-3-0
Should of won against Ramirez 1st time and defeated Chavez.

Oscar De La Hoya Real Record
41-5-0.
I feel he defeated Trinidad & Mosley the second time, but lost the Strum, & Mayweather fights. I also felt he won the Quartey fight.

:firedevil 1. Jeff FENECH's Real Record was actually NO DRAWS with the COMPLETE FARCE that was FENECH V NELSON 1, Jeff blitzed Azumah in that great 1st fight, I had Nelson winning just 3 rounds with the first 2 rounds to Azumah and he was about even inone other round, Fenech just cut the ring off from 3rd onwards, the decision of a Draw almost caused a riot in hundreds of Leagues Clubs across Australia (I know, I was in one of them). The final score in the Trilogy is most certainly FENECH 2 , NELSON 1. / 2. Kostya TSZYU also never fought a draw in his life either, despite what it "says" now. I cannot recall the Argentine's name now but KOSTYA went all the way across the the world to the U.S. ( then known as DON KING LAND ) only to come out for the 1st round, break the poor bums jaw and knock him to Disneyland with virtually his first blow (certainly his first meaningfull punch). They went further than the Fenech V Nelson 1 Joke and the IDIOTS DECISION, A DRAW, yes thats right, The FIRST and ONLY time in boxing history that a boxer failed to last 40 seconds of round 1 and was AWARDED with a DRAW,....... as Charlie BROWN said often "" GOOD GRIEF "":Thinkingo

McGoorty
07-18-2011, 09:53 PM
Muhammad Ali, maybe should have a few less wins.

Jou Louis vs JJW I

Rocky Marcianos win against La Starza was apparantly contraversial.
I think it would be good for future records of old timers who had N.C. fights that were only given decisions by newspaper experts to have the newspaper decisions given credence over their Career stats (with asterisk of course). Take for example former Middleweight champion AL McCOY, he had well over 100 fights with something like 14 or so official losses and a huge amount of N.D. bouts. I have read that he was well beaten in some 40 something Newpaper decisions, in other words he was bested in at least 45 bouts, because of this oversight, he held 1 of the two existing World Titles at that time, that was the Tex Rickard controlled U.s> version and The HUGH D. McINTOSH controlled Australian version (There was no such thing as a No-Decision 10 round bout, but actual judges and the full 20 round distance. There was BIG money on offer hence the proliferation of Cream Americans and others like Sam Langford). LES DARCY was the holder of the other belt and his main goal was the World Heavyweight Title, but he badly wanted McCOY's belt and when he arrived in America at New York he was greeted by Thousands of people, The entire sporting press, The Mayor and Rickard Kearns and co. BUT NOT Al McCOY who had suddenly dissappeared. Try as he might though he couldn't find a single opponent except for In-House fight with Heavyweight Fred Fulton who stood a Whole FOOT taller in height and 60 lbs heavier and made Fred QUIT ON HIS STOOL after JUST TWO ROUNDS, once word of this hit American boxing it was CURTAINS for LES, for like those who were simply in their own league like CHARLEY BURLEY, they were so good that they ran out of opponents. Darcy once told SAM LANGFORD that he'd Love to spar SAM who was stunned by the temerity of a mere 16 year old boy, then DARCY went immediately out to the ring and stunned Langford even more by totally demolishing Sam's protoge' Dave DUPENA in a few rounds (Dupena was about 21yo. Anyway, there is'nt an expert anywhere that could give Al McCOY a chance in a fight against the great Darcy, after all he lost several fights to likes of McGOORTY, CLABBY, J. SMITH and others that an 18, 19 and 20 year old Les Darcy simply walked over. Mike GIBBONS is in a similar position, If Darcy fought those two, I predict these fights, DARCY Vs Al McCOY,......Les DARCY by 1st round K.O. and,.... DARCY Vs. Mike GIBBONS,... DARCY By K.O. Rd 4 . . DARCY vs Jack DILLON,... DARCY by K.O. Rd 11

ghns1133
07-18-2011, 10:18 PM
glen johnson shoullndt have 15 losses!

paulsinghnl
07-18-2011, 11:49 PM
don't wanna start fights or anything but umm.. Meldrick Taylor - JCC. he went downhill after that fight...

JAB5239
07-19-2011, 01:46 AM
don't wanna start fights or anything but umm.. Meldrick Taylor - JCC. he went downhill after that fight...

Even if he had gotten the win that beating he took finished him as the fighter he was before Chavez, in my opinion.

NChristo
07-19-2011, 03:06 AM
Eder Jofre - 74-0-4, imo he beat Harada both times.
Jose Napoles- 80-8-0, Muniz got robbed in the first fight.

Emon723
10-15-2011, 10:44 AM
Tyson should be 51-6-1, his win over Golota was change to NC

Same with Whitaker, who's first win after the DLH loss was declared NC, he should be 41-4-1 instead of 40-4-1-1, but in reality, sweet pea's clear losses came only against Trinidad and that ill-advised comeback in 2001.

Bowe should have 3 losses, he lost both fights to Golota, his record seems great to look at 10 years from now with only 1 loss.

IronDanHamza
10-15-2011, 05:11 PM
Harold Johnson did NOT lose to Willie Pastrano.

Everytime I watch that fight I simply cannot fathom what on Earth the judges were thinking.

NChristo
10-15-2011, 05:21 PM
Bowe should have 3 losses, he lost both fights to Golota, his record seems great to look at 10 years from now with only 1 loss.

Can't see that, Golota couldn't get Bowe out of there so he threw low blows in combinations, you're saying Golota shouldn't of gotten DQ'd ?.

Emon723
10-15-2011, 08:56 PM
Can't see that, Golota couldn't get Bowe out of there so he threw low blows in combinations, you're saying Golota shouldn't of gotten DQ'd ?.

No, Golota deserves to be disqualified, but he was beating the hell out of Bowe in two fights anyway one could look at it minus the low blows.

NChristo
10-15-2011, 09:17 PM
No, Golota deserves to be disqualified, but he was beating the hell out of Bowe in two fights anyway one could look at it minus the low blows.

But you can't look at it minus the low blows, it's about what their records should really read not what they could read if you ignored an important part of the fight

Marlon Starling 46-5-1, imo he beat Breland the 2nd time round.
Randie Carver 24-0-1, Salem should of been DQ'd.
George Foreman 77-4-0, Briggs fight was his pretty clearly.
Young should of got the win vs Ali.

BKM-2010
10-15-2011, 09:20 PM

No you can't. Golota would have to make it to the scorecards or finish Bowe to win. He could never do either because 1-He was a coward compared to Bowe and 2-Every time Bowe hurt him he hit him low.

Bowe earned those 2 wins. He suffered brain damage just to get them, so you can't take them away from him.

Virgil Caine
10-16-2011, 05:34 AM
glen johnson shoullndt have 15 losses!

I was just about to ask if anyone wants to take on Glen Johnson's record.