View Full Version : Jon Fitch vs GSP 2!!! I think he's earned it.

$BloodyNate$
05-01-2011, 07:00 PM
I feel that if they can't get Nick Diaz over here earlier for a shot at GSP then Fitch obviously should get a rematch. I actually just watched that fight today because I was booked when it happened and I feel that Fitch definitely won that fight because of taking the 2nd and 3rd round. I think BJ definitely won round 1 though. But Fitch in the 2nd was out-muscling BJ against the cage for the 1st 2 minutes then BJ got the takedown, but that only took a minute for Fitch to get back on top and trash him for the rest of that round and the 3rd.

This man has trashed some pretty damn good fighters lately. Saunders was on fire until he ran into Fitch. Alves beat up Kos so everybody thought that 1st fight was a fluke and Alves would trash Fitch like he did too Kos but then Fitch trashed em! haha

This man deserves a rematch. GSP looks vulnerable right now because that safety first stuff is making him soft. Why not take him back to the guy he had his last thrilling fight with in Jon Fitch who you know will bring it and especially if he's earned it.

blaze778
05-02-2011, 06:38 PM
I guess he deserves it. Can't think of anyone else who deserves a title shot more at the moment, besides Diaz.

I honestly don't want to see this rematch, considering how badly GSP dominated Fitch, but seeing as how Fitch hasn't lost since their first fight and there is bottleneck at 170 between GSP and everyone else, I could see this fight happening realistically.

Fitch already "earned" his title shot when he beat Alves in the rematch.

I'm sure there is a lot of doubt that this fight would draw a lot of viewers (outside Canada) and that's what's keeping this fight from happening.

pacquiaovmosley
05-02-2011, 07:02 PM
GSP and Silva should fight. It will be the biggest fight in UFC.

GoldenBoy23
05-02-2011, 07:03 PM
Fitch-Penn 2 needs to happen. It was a draw that fans opinion is split on. It makes no sense to put either man in a title fight until that rematch happens unless one man is injured substantially longer than the other. I do feel that Fitch will win and earn his shot anyway but that's not the point

GoldenBoy23
05-02-2011, 07:04 PM
GSP and Silva should fight. It will be the biggest fight in UFC.

GSP wants none of Silva...that's pretty clear

ƒallenloki
05-02-2011, 07:36 PM
Jon Fitch beats the Georges SoftPierre that fought on Saturday.

$BloodyNate$
05-02-2011, 10:08 PM
Jon Fitch beats the Georges SoftPierre that fought on Saturday.

Co-Sign. He never quits, He always will come after you for a fight. It was GSP's last exciting fight really. Fitch would bring the best out of GSP but he may be soft. So Fitch definitely has a shot to beat him.

kaps
05-02-2011, 10:36 PM
AKA lay and prayers have no chance against GSP....

$BloodyNate$
05-02-2011, 10:42 PM
AKA lay and prayers have no chance against GSP....

Now thats just a myth. He straight trashed Alves and Penn in that 3rd round. They fought in multiple positions where has was trying to finish or reigning down bombs. Same with the Pierce fight as well I believe.

kaps
05-03-2011, 12:37 AM
Now thats just a myth. He straight trashed Alves and Penn in that 3rd round. They fought in multiple positions where has was trying to finish or reigning down bombs. Same with the Pierce fight as well I believe.

They're still not close too GSP's level standing, and can't take him down. Same problem with the Sheilds fight. It's hard to say who can beat GSP right now Strikers get taken down at will and wrestlers get out struck and can't seem to put GSP on his back. Another fight with Fitch will be like the Kos rematch. GSP doing whatever he wants on his feet and scoring with takedowns to another dominant, one sided decision. I think what's needed is a striker who can stuff takedowns really well, and Fitch doesn't fall into that category....

$BloodyNate$
05-03-2011, 01:17 AM
They're still not close too GSP's level standing, and can't take him down. Same problem with the Sheilds fight. It's hard to say who can beat GSP right now Strikers get taken down at will and wrestlers get out struck and can't seem to put GSP on his back. Another fight with Fitch will be like the Kos rematch. GSP doing whatever he wants on his feet and scoring with takedowns to another dominant, one sided decision. I think what's needed is a striker who can stuff takedowns really well, and Fitch doesn't fall into that category....

I was mostly talking about the Lay and Prayer part haha. I agree to a certain extent but it does seem like GSP has gone kinda soft. I feel like Fitch would just just as diaz could and bring the best out of him. I think Fitch would fight harder and has more heart then Kos so at the very least I'd think we have an exciting fight. :boxing:

kaps
05-03-2011, 01:54 AM
I was mostly talking about the Lay and Prayer part haha. I agree to a certain extent but it does seem like GSP has gone kinda soft. I feel like Fitch would just just as diaz could and bring the best out of him. I think Fitch would fight harder and has more heart then Kos so at the very least I'd think we have an exciting fight. :boxing:

The difference being between Fitch and Diaz is that Diaz is a good striker, someone who possibly could cause trouble for GSP on the feet. I don't think Fitch brings anything new for GSP.....

Dorian
05-03-2011, 02:34 AM
Fitch is underrated. He comes to fight, he doesn't get many finishes but he punishes you. I think he deserves it.