No announcement yet.

Freddie Norwood

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freddie Norwood

First of all, I wanna ask this: did Norwood really deserve to get the decision over JMM? "Lil Hagler", whatcha think of him as a fighter? He was a dirty fighter, wasn't he? I've seen highlights from his fight with Derrick Gainer, thats some of the worst **** I've ever seen! The very stoppage was controversial as fak too.

But seriously, among the top FW's of his era, where would u put him?

Yes he deserved the decision. JMM didnt get robbed at all, any time he loses its always a robbery. JMM has no right to complain considering his gift win over Barrera.

But yes he was a good fighter and would of been good to see him Vs Naz.

Comment

I never thought of Norwood as a dirty fighter. The Marquez fight was very close and I could understand an argument for either side. Many at the time did question the decision however.

And I agree about the Gainer fight's stoppage being questionable.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
        I never thought of Norwood as a dirty fighter. The Marquez fight was very close and I could understand an argument for either side. Many at the time did question the decision however.

And I agree about the Gainer fight's stoppage being questionable.
        Maybe he just had it in for Gainer then?Lol...he was very mean to him in that fight fo'sure!

Comment

Originally posted by Pastrano View Post
          Maybe he just had it in for Gainer then?Lol...he was very mean to him in that fight fo'sure!
          Normally it is as hard for southpaws to fight each other as it is orthodox fighters. Gainer was a tall one too and was a very awkward opponent. I had him comfortably ahead at the end.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
            Normally it is as hard for southpaws to fight each other as it is orthodox fighters. Gainer was a tall one too and was a very awkward opponent. I had him comfortably ahead at the end.
            Yea and he floored Norwood twice too. Norwood swung too wildly. When he saw that he couldn't stop or hurt Gainer with his flurries, he retorted to dirty tricks I guess...which is silly, coz it ruins your reputation. It can put a dent in one's legacy when one fights dirty.

Comment

Working...
            X