View Full Version : UFC Welterweight division in TERRIBLE shape?

$BloodyNate$
05-01-2011, 07:38 AM
I feel like the division is just making a turn for the worst. If Shields would have won it would have open'd up the whole division and made it more exciting. Fitch-Penn was I think suppose to determine the next fight for GSP and then they DRAW'D! Then they were gonna rematch and then got hurt so their sitting out until later this year at best. Now their gonna have to make an exception and have Diaz merge with the UFC early just so GSP can have a decent challenger because GSP has already beaten everybody else and if he hasn't their not big yet so it won't bring no money having GSP against a no namer especially since he's boring all as hell with no killer instinct.

I feel like Hughes-Diego is a big mistake. Hughes is coming off an embarassing loss and Diego is coming off a huge much needed win. I don't think it puts Diego any higher up the ranks. It's just a good win to say later down the road "I beat Hughes". I feel like they should forget about this match and Penn-Fitch 2, and use Fitch, Kos, Penn, Hughes, Alves, and Diego to fight guys like Ellenberger and Condit so they can get some hype to get a title shot because really they are the future stars and to have GSP fight them they need to beat one of these big names anyways.

What do you think?

MARKBNLV
05-01-2011, 10:29 AM
Everyone i was chilling with kept falling asleep during the St Pierre fight,that was just pitiful.

ƒallenloki
05-01-2011, 01:41 PM
Everyone i was chilling with kept falling asleep during the St Pierre fight,that was just pitiful.

Same **** happened at my pad.

We were all hyped to go to the bar after the main event... 4 rounds in we were dozing off. I actually got up and made some nachos

blaze778
05-02-2011, 07:37 PM

My friends were drunk and not even paying attention after the 2nd round. We got caught up in a side conversation and realized the 5th round was halfway through.

Seriously, if you watch the first 2 minutes, you pretty much saw the entire fight. Same **** over and over again.