View Full Version : Post fight interview, GSP sounded like he does not want to fight Anderson Silva

SuckaPunch
05-01-2011, 01:24 AM
Did you guys catch his post-fight interview when Rogan asked him about a potential fight with Anderson Silva?

GSP sounded very reluctant or something, that he isn't even thinking about it, there could be other ways, etc. (or maybe he is that worried about his injured eye).

$BloodyNate$
05-01-2011, 01:26 AM
Did you guys catch his post-fight interview when Rogan asked him about a potential fight with Anderson Silva?

GSP sounded very reluctant or something, that he isn't even thinking about it, there could be other ways, etc. (or maybe he is that worried about his injured eye).

haha yeah after was that patty cake game could even do to his face, I wouldn't want to fight Anderson either haha. Except his wrestling could easily defeat Silva. He just don't have a killer instinct or heart anymore. I don't think he's as hungry as he use to be.

This playin' it safe BS is makin him soft.

chiguy91
05-01-2011, 01:36 AM
before this fight, i said i'd root for silva, and thought it would be a 50/50 fight if gsp/silva happened. after this fight, i'm fully convinced silva will stop him. the fight will start standing up so silva has an advantage from the beginning, plus they both start off usually feeling each other out with jabs.
but yeah it seemed gsp didn't want it, and i wouldn't fault him for that. he seems a lot more mellow now, so i think he is going to try and stay in his division.

$BloodyNate$
05-01-2011, 01:55 AM
before this fight, i said i'd root for silva, and thought it would be a 50/50 fight if gsp/silva happened. after this fight, i'm fully convinced silva will stop him. the fight will start standing up so silva has an advantage from the beginning, plus they both start off usually feeling each other out with jabs.
but yeah it seemed gsp didn't want it, and i wouldn't fault him for that. he seems a lot more mellow now, so i think he is going to try and stay in his division.

Yeah I feel almost the same way. I mean I'm more confident then ever Anderson KO's him. I just don't think it will be because of no size advantage though. It'd be a totally different fight then tonights because he'd go back to his wrestling.

But you can't fault him if he doesn't fight Silva just like you can't fault silva for not fighting jones except Jones still isn't even a proven champion yet. Not everybody's motha****in Pacqiuao either haha Doesn't hurt nobodys legacy.

Las Vegas,
05-01-2011, 02:02 AM
MMA fan boys were saying GSP is the most technical fighter in MMA. It's kinda embarrassing when the most "technical" fighter in MMA has the sloppy standup that he has now.

Silva and Diaz both KO him.

Spray_resistant
05-01-2011, 02:39 AM
haha yeah after was that patty cake game could even do to his face, I wouldn't want to fight Anderson either haha. Except his wrestling could easily defeat Silva. He just don't have a killer instinct or heart anymore. I don't think he's as hungry as he use to be.

This playin' it safe BS is makin him soft.

Nate, you need to stop this hooplah. I told you before this would be a total mismatch, we have weight classes for a reason and Silva would easily beat the undersized GSP.

CiganoBoxer
05-01-2011, 03:14 AM
Why should it be ok for Silva to fight smaller guys !?? Make him fight bigger guys ffs .

Ekscape
05-01-2011, 04:08 AM
GSP could make 185 if he really wanted to... read this article

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cagewriter/post/The-secrets-behind-GSP-8217-s-weight-cutting-a;_ylt=AjGnhqSXIl_8_gBRT9kdeQRXEo14?urn=mma-wp1628

$BloodyNate$
05-01-2011, 04:53 AM
;10459435']MMA fan boys were saying GSP is the most technical fighter in MMA. It's kinda embarrassing when the most "technical" fighter in MMA has the sloppy standup that he has now.

Silva and Diaz both KO him.

What retard told you that? GSP's not even top 5. in MMA when it comes to striking technique. He's so good because he's ****in great in all areas of the game but that doesn't mean he's the best at any aspect either except maybe wrestling but thats because it adapts so well into his fighting style.

Nate, you need to stop this hooplah. I told you before this would be a total mismatch, we have weight classes for a reason and Silva would easily beat the undersized GSP.

what part of GSP is the best ****in wrestler in MMA do you not fukin understand? When has Anderson had great takedown defense? Thats a stylistic nightmare for Anderson. Read the man's article above me. Did you not see GSP pick up Shields like he was nothing? Shields ****in outwrestled Dan Henderson but he couldn't outwrestle GSP. What the **** does that tell you???

Watch this god damn video. I'm sick of trying to get this thru your ****in skull. This was GSP training for the 2nd bJ fight. Rashad had to be easily over 220-230 and GSP can still take him down. Why do you underestimate GSP so ****in much? Why can Jake Shields do it but not GSP?

Watch at 1:50
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/64el7rj8naY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And how come GSP fighting Anderson IS SUCH A MISMATCH, yet everybody expects Anderson to jump up and fight Jones is who is the biggest ****in light heavyweight out there at there not to mention Anderson is 36 YEARS OLD. WHO THE **** JUMPS UP IN WEIGHT AT 36? James Irvin & Forrest Griffin were tailor made for Anderson because their nothing but sloppy brawlers. Anderson hasnt made anybody believe he could deal with a powerful wrestler at 205 nevertheless Jon Jones who tosses the strongest guys around at 205 like it's nothing...Why is that suddenly OK?

Spray_resistant
05-01-2011, 01:01 PM
what part of GSP is the best ****in wrestler in MMA do you not fukin understand? When has Anderson had great takedown defense? Thats a stylistic nightmare for Anderson. Read the man's article above me. Did you not see GSP pick up Shields like he was nothing? Shields ****in outwrestled Dan Henderson but he couldn't outwrestle GSP. What the **** does that tell you???

Watch this god damn video. I'm sick of trying to get this thru your ****in skull. This was GSP training for the 2nd bJ fight. Rashad had to be easily over 220-230 and GSP can still take him down. Why do you underestimate GSP so ****in much? Why can Jake Shields do it but not GSP?

Watch at 1:50
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/64el7rj8naY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And how come GSP fighting Anderson IS SUCH A MISMATCH, yet everybody expects Anderson to jump up and fight Jones is who is the biggest ****in light heavyweight out there at there not to mention Anderson is 36 YEARS OLD. WHO THE **** JUMPS UP IN WEIGHT AT 36? James Irvin & Forrest Griffin were tailor made for Anderson because their nothing but sloppy brawlers. Anderson hasnt made anybody believe he could deal with a powerful wrestler at 205 nevertheless Jon Jones who tosses the strongest guys around at 205 like it's nothing...Why is that suddenly OK?

So you would agree that Valero would have been one of the best in the world and was a proven world class fighter because of sparring sessions? sparring = nothing to rate on.

I made no mention of Jones at all, Silva should stay at 185, GSP should stay at 170, and Jones should prove himself as champ at 205.

None of these guys have any business fighting each other really because they are in separate weight classes for good reason.

ƒallenloki
05-01-2011, 02:37 PM
He's dodged this question so many times. It's clear he doesn't want any part of Anderson.

Dorian
05-01-2011, 03:59 PM
This is news? It's clear that he doesn't want to fight Silva.

GreatestIam
05-01-2011, 04:11 PM
Man Jake Shield dont get no credit he would, make Silva look bad to... He's a consament professinal.... GSP v Silva has to happen... I dont think Chael Sonnen is tougher then GSP... GSP has to step up to the challenge if he doesnt he's a *****....Same with Silva if he beats GSP he needs to step up!!!

$BloodyNate$
05-01-2011, 05:14 PM
So you would agree that Valero would have been one of the best in the world and was a proven world class fighter because of sparring sessions? sparring = nothing to rate on.

I made no mention of Jones at all, Silva should stay at 185, GSP should stay at 170, and Jones should prove himself as champ at 205.

None of these guys have any business fighting each other really because they are in separate weight classes for good reason.

So you don't think GSP is a world class fighter? He hasn't proven that to you already? The sparring video just shows GSP is not some weak welterweight and to say Anderson has some sort of strength advantage would be ridiculous. GSP takes down Rashad Evans on the reguluar so why couldn't he take down Anderson WHO HAS NO TAKEDOWN DEFENSE. You never explained to me why Shields could go up to 185 and completely dominated Dan Henderson with wrestling. Then Shields didn't even come close to taking GSP down at all. So why can Shields go up and be successful but GSP can't?

And I just said all that in my other posts. It doesn't hurt these guys legacy if they don't fight each other. Nobody's obligated to go up 15 pounds. But to say GSP absolutely can't do it is ridiculous. It's definitely possible. He's a stylistic nightmare for Anderson and has the perfect training camps.

The only way it's a mismatch is because Anderson is that much damn better then GSP and would knock him the **** out.

RyunosukeRonin
05-01-2011, 07:53 PM
He sounded hesitant because he knows silva is to explosive @ would seriously hurt him physically @ mentally

WAR MACHIDA SON

Spray_resistant
05-02-2011, 01:19 AM
So you don't think GSP is a world class fighter? He hasn't proven that to you already? The sparring video just shows GSP is not some weak welterweight and to say Anderson has some sort of strength advantage would be ridiculous. GSP takes down Rashad Evans on the reguluar so why couldn't he take down Anderson WHO HAS NO TAKEDOWN DEFENSE. You never explained to me why Shields could go up to 185 and completely dominated Dan Henderson with wrestling. Then Shields didn't even come close to taking GSP down at all. So why can Shields go up and be successful but GSP can't?

And I just said all that in my other posts. It doesn't hurt these guys legacy if they don't fight each other. Nobody's obligated to go up 15 pounds. But to say GSP absolutely can't do it is ridiculous. It's definitely possible. He's a stylistic nightmare for Anderson and has the perfect training camps.

The only way it's a mismatch is because Anderson is that much damn better then GSP and would knock him the **** out.

Maybe he can but he hasn't gone up and fought anyone at 185, I don't want to hear about sparring its not real competition and can't be used as an indicator for anything.

For someone with no TD defense Silva has beaten plenty of fighters relying entirely on trying to take him down so as of right now unproven 185 GSP vs Silva = mismatch in my mind until I see some legit evidence to the contrary.

$BloodyNate$
05-02-2011, 02:29 AM
Whatever spray you obviously have no idea what your talking back and your dodging *****. You keep getting boxing confused with MMA. TOTALLY different sports. Size doesn't matter in MMA. You act like it would be Paciquao vs Bernard Hopkins. It's either that or you don't even know who the **** GSP is or havent seen much of him.

Spray_resistant
05-03-2011, 01:17 AM
Whatever spray you obviously have no idea what your talking back and your dodging *****. You keep getting boxing confused with MMA. TOTALLY different sports. Size doesn't matter in MMA. You act like it would be Paciquao vs Bernard Hopkins. It's either that or you don't even know who the **** GSP is or havent seen much of him.

At the end of the day you and anyone for that matter has to give some valid reason why GSP is a serious threat to the #1 guy at MW and the best you have are sparring sessions where he looked good against guys who aren't Silva and that just doesn't cut it because it is insufficient data.

If size didn't matter in MMA there would be no weight classes, I mean Brock Lesnar is trash but he would beat BJ Penn to a bloody mess.

BTW I have seen plenty of GSP fights he is good all around but nothing spectacular in any area that make me think he can transcend size barriers like Packy.

$BloodyNate$
05-03-2011, 01:35 AM
At the end of the day you and anyone for that matter has to give some valid reason why GSP is a serious threat to the #1 guy at MW and the best you have are sparring sessions where he looked good against guys who aren't Silva and that just doesn't cut it because it is insufficient data.

If size didn't matter in MMA there would be no weight classes, I mean Brock Lesnar is trash but he would beat BJ Penn to a bloody mess.

BTW I have seen plenty of GSP fights he is good all around but nothing spectacular in any area that make me think he can transcend size barriers like Packy.

Sparring guys that aren't like Anderson? You know who Rashad Evans is right? A Light Heavyweight. That's 205 and he's was a tremendously good wrestler in college at an elite level. If GSP can take him down then why can't he take down Anderson? That's my 1st reason.

2nd reason you still haven't talked about. Henderson was probably the best wrestler at middleweight who controlled Silva for the 1st round of their fight and is 10X better then Chael. Shields went up to 185 and out-muscled Hendo. Completely out-wrestled the bigger man. But at 170 he can't even come close to taking GSP down and GSP took him down like it was nothing. So why can't GSP go up and takedown Anderson? Your acting like Anderson is a world class wrestler with great takedown defense. Any decent wrestler can take Silva down. ***** Vitor even took him down and he's not even considered a top 100 wrestler in MMA.

GSP probably has a better chance to beat silva at middleweight then any middleweight in the world besides if Shields went up because Shields has the wrestling and the juijitsu to hold silva down if not submit him.

LMAO at you comparing Anderson Silva vs GSP to BJ vs Brock. Are you freakin kidding me? Spray I hate to say it because I respect you as a poster in boxing topics but I honestly think your trollin' me right now. I thought we were actually having a serious argument haha

Spray_resistant
05-03-2011, 01:41 AM
Sparring guys that aren't like Anderson? You know who Rashad Evans is right? A Light Heavyweight. That's 205 and he's was a tremendously good wrestler in college at an elite level. If GSP can take him down then why can't he take down Anderson? That's my 1st reason.

2nd reason you still haven't talked about. Henderson was probably the best wrestler at middleweight who controlled Silva for the 1st round of their fight and is 10X better then Chael. Shields went up to 185 and out-muscled Hendo. Completely out-wrestled the bigger man. But at 170 he can't even come close to taking GSP down and GSP took him down like it was nothing. So why can't GSP go up and takedown Anderson? Your acting like Anderson is a world class wrestler with great takedown defense. Any decent wrestler can take Silva down. ***** Vitor even took him down and he's not even considered a top 100 wrestler in MMA.

LMAO at you comparing Anderson Silva vs GSP to BJ vs Brock. Are you freakin kidding me? Spray I hate to say it because I respect you as a poster in boxing topics but I honestly think your trollin' me right now. I thought we were actually having a serious argument haha

Hendo was so good that he ended up getting subbed as did Chael who I actually think pretty highly of but those are different fights and fighters at different weights. The bottom line to me is GSP needs to go up to 185 and prove himself in legit competition and even he seems to not think he can do that which is actually fine because he is right where he belongs.

I think you are jumping the gun here Nate without seeing any credible evidence because sparring = nothing and using triangle theories fail most often or is MMA so different from boxing that it won't?

$BloodyNate$
05-03-2011, 02:13 AM
Hendo was so good that he ended up getting subbed as did Chael who I actually think pretty highly of but those are different fights and fighters at different weights. The bottom line to me is GSP needs to go up to 185 and prove himself in legit competition and even he seems to not think he can do that which is actually fine because he is right where he belongs.

I think you are jumping the gun here Nate without seeing any credible evidence because sparring = nothing and using triangle theories fail most often or is MMA so different from boxing that it won't?

It's not a triangle theory it's the thing that really breaks triangle theory's which is styles. I'm talking about wrestling which is Silva's biggest weakness. If you can constantly take Anderson down and not get subbed then you have it in the bag. GSPs wrestling is easily the best in the sport not because he is the best amateur wrestler but because it adapts so well to the sport.

Im not even talking about them sparring. I'm talking about wrestling. My point is Rashad is a weight class ahead of Silva and Rashad is a hell of a great wrestler. Silva isn't. Is it not a big deal that GSP can take him down at will? Yet he can't take down Silva in your mind? How couldn't he? What has Anderson done to prove to you that GSP can't take him down? Nothing.

I don't think this fight should happen next, I don't even think he should fight diaz yet. I think he should go up and test the waters at middleweight. I still believe GSP could beat him but since he doesn't I feel like he needs a fight there just for the confidence alone. Maybe have him fight Chael or Bisping who I think he'd smash because I believe if he just totally forgets about welterweight then he can put on weight properly and be a monster at 185.

Even the Okami fight is 50/50 with Silva and he ain't even half the strong wrestler Chael and Henderson are. It's just that Okami CAN EASILY take him down and Okami has never been submitted in MMA. I love silva but he has his hands full.

Spray_resistant
05-03-2011, 02:22 AM
It's not a triangle theory it's the thing that really breaks triangle theory's which is styles. I'm talking about wrestling which is Silva's biggest weakness. If you can constantly take Anderson down and not get subbed then you have it in the bag. GSPs wrestling is easily the best in the sport not because he is the best amateur wrestler but because it adapts so well to the sport.

Im not even talking about them sparring. I'm talking about wrestling. My point is Rashad is a weight class ahead of Silva and Rashad is a hell of a great wrestler. Silva isn't. Is it not a big deal that GSP can take him down at will? Yet he can't take down Silva in your mind? How couldn't he? What has Anderson done to prove to you that GSP can't take him down? Nothing.

I don't think this fight should happen next, I don't even think he should fight diaz yet. I think he should go up and test the waters at middleweight. I still believe GSP could beat him but since he doesn't I feel like he needs a fight there just for the confidence alone. Maybe have him fight Chael or Bisping who I think he'd smash because I believe if he just totally forgets about welterweight then he can put on weight properly and be a monster at 185.

Even the Okami fight is 50/50 with Silva and he ain't even half the strong wrestler Chael and Henderson are. It's just that Okami CAN EASILY take him down and Okami has never been submitted in MMA. I love silva but he has his hands full.

Silva uses his athletic ability and if you watch carefully psychological intimidation to prevent fighters from taking him down. Rashad is comically slow compared to Silva so GSP may be hesitant shooting in on a bigger guy who has unpredictable offense and is faster than him.

Now that Strikeforce has been bought we have some more comp for GSP like Diaz and some other good prospects I have been watching so no need for him to move up if he doesn't want to which it seem like he doesn't.

If the GSP/Silva fight happens great and if he is able to TD Silva at will bump this thread and I will give you all of the credit in the world but as of now I am not convinced that when he gets a hold of him he would be able to muscle a naturally much larger athlete at the highest level to the ground with such ease.

$BloodyNate$
05-03-2011, 02:29 AM
Silva uses his athletic ability and if you watch carefully psychological intimidation to prevent fighters from taking him down. Rashad is comically slow compared to Silva so GSP may be hesitant shooting in on a bigger guy who has unpredictable offense and is faster than him.

Now that Strikeforce has been bought we have some more comp for GSP like Diaz and some other good prospects I have been watching so no need for him to move up if he doesn't want to which it seem like he doesn't.

If the GSP/Silva fight happens great and if he is able to TD Silva at will bump this thread and I will give you all of the credit in the world but as of now I am not convinced that when he gets a hold of him he would be able to muscle a naturally much larger athlete at the highest level to the ground with such ease.

I can agree to disagree to a certain point. No way in hell I think Silva is "comically" fast then Rashad though. Rashad is probably the fastest light heavyweight in the world.

I can't wait too see Tyron Woodley in the welterweight division. You've seen him? He's like the black Koscheck haha. Man's a sick wrestler with lots power. Not to mention he uses kicks unlike Kos. Can't believe he trashes Galvao like he did in that last fight.

Spray_resistant
05-03-2011, 02:38 AM
I can agree to disagree to a certain point. No way in hell I think Silva is "comically" fast then Rashad though. Rashad is probably the fastest light heavyweight in the world.

I can't wait too see Tyron Woodley in the welterweight division. You've seen him? He's like the black Koscheck haha. Man's a sick wrestler with lots power. Not to mention he uses kicks unlike Kos. Can't believe he trashes Galvao like he did in that last fight.

That is exactly who I was talking about when I was talking about prospects I have been watching, this guy has some talent but he isn't a youngster so he needs to make some noise and fast.

$BloodyNate$
05-03-2011, 02:44 AM
That is exactly who I was talking about when I was talking about prospects I have been watching, this guy has some talent but he isn't a youngster so he needs to make some noise and fast.

Actually he probably should fight Diaz before George. If Diaz really wants to show the world he can deal with a strong wrestler that'd be a great fight to make.

Spray_resistant
05-03-2011, 03:04 AM
Actually he probably should fight Diaz before George. If Diaz really wants to show the world he can deal with a strong wrestler that'd be a great fight to make.

I mean yeah we know Diaz has a beard but T-wood is a ****in powerhouse, I wouldn't doubt this guy is about 200lbs walking around. So it would really impress me if he were to handle Woodley on the ground who I think he can safely presume is the physically more powerful man.

BALLISTIC
05-03-2011, 05:50 PM
if gsp and silva did fight i would bet 100$ cash money gsp wont make it all 5 rounds