View Full Version : Silva insists St. Pierre fight 'must happen'

TKD1
04-25-2011, 06:22 PM
Anderson Silva has admitted he sees little point in facing Yushin Okami at UFC Rio, but he does insist that a superfight with Georges St. Pierre "has to happen.

Las Vegas,
04-25-2011, 06:24 PM
I don't want to see it anymore. I'm sure people wanna see Silva vs. Jones, and GSP vs. Diaz.

$BloodyNate$
04-25-2011, 06:39 PM
This is the problem with combat sports. You get a fight urraybody wanna see, then all the sudden some new hot thing comes around and everybody gets dumb. I can see it now, if Silva beats GSP and goes into retirement alil later everybody's going to be like "Silva picked on the littler GSP instead of Jones". Like Trinidad vs Hopkins. That gay dumb stuff.

Anderson has nothing to prove by fighting Jones. Jones hasn't even defended his title once yet. It's a cool fantasy match up but even if it did happen I don't think it should happen for another year or 2.

GSP vs Silva right now is the Pac vs Floyd of MMA. #1 & #2 P4P battling it out to see probably who is the greatest fighter in MMA all time. It needs to happen.

Bobby No Sex
04-26-2011, 12:32 AM
no biatch go fight Jones u motherfawker.

chiguy91
04-26-2011, 12:40 AM
i say spider fights gsp and then jones...

TheMexHurricane
04-26-2011, 12:45 AM
Anderson Silva has admitted he sees little point in facing Yushin Okami at UFC Rio, but he does insist that a superfight with Georges St. Pierre "has to happen.

Hell yeah! That would be a great fight! Silva takes it!

Spray_resistant
04-26-2011, 01:05 AM
This is the problem with combat sports. You get a fight urraybody wanna see, then all the sudden some new hot thing comes around and everybody gets dumb. I can see it now, if Silva beats GSP and goes into retirement alil later everybody's going to be like "Silva picked on the littler GSP instead of Jones". Like Trinidad vs Hopkins. That gay dumb stuff.

Anderson has nothing to prove by fighting Jones. Jones hasn't even defended his title once yet. It's a cool fantasy match up but even if it did happen I don't think it should happen for another year or 2.

GSP vs Silva right now is the Pac vs Floyd of MMA. #1 & #2 P4P battling it out to see probably who is the greatest fighter in MMA all time. It needs to happen.

Isn't it a cherrypick, who has he beat at MW?

I am not particularly interested in GSP/Silva at all.

$BloodyNate$
04-26-2011, 01:17 AM
Isn't it a cherrypick, who has he beat at MW?

I am not particularly interested in GSP/Silva at all.

It ain't even like that with MMA. BJ's been damn good at welterweight and he is arguably the greatest lightweight fighter ever. GSP is arguably the greatest fighter ever besides Anderson & Fedor.

The light heavyweight title has been tossed around like a cheap hooker. Nobody has remained Light Heavyweight champ in over a year since Rampage. Everybody thought Rampage was unstoppable, don't know about Forrest but everybody thought Rashad & Machida would be unstoppable. Then Shogun. Now Jon Jones. I ain't fallin' for that ***** again.

GSP vs Silva has been the most talked about fight of the last 2-3 years. That makes me think the whole MMA world or hardcore fans by now know this isn't some huge cherrypicking mismatch. It would be the biggest MMA fight ever.

You just ain't been a fan long enough...

Spray_resistant
04-26-2011, 11:20 PM
It ain't even like that with MMA. BJ's been damn good at welterweight and he is arguably the greatest lightweight fighter ever. GSP is arguably the greatest fighter ever besides Anderson & Fedor.

The light heavyweight title has been tossed around like a cheap hooker. Nobody has remained Light Heavyweight champ in over a year since Rampage. Everybody thought Rampage was unstoppable, don't know about Forrest but everybody thought Rashad & Machida would be unstoppable. Then Shogun. Now Jon Jones. I ain't fallin' for that ***** again.

GSP vs Silva has been the most talked about fight of the last 2-3 years. That makes me think the whole MMA world or hardcore fans by now know this isn't some huge cherrypicking mismatch. It would be the biggest MMA fight ever.

You just ain't been a fan long enough...

Nate, do you work for UFC?

Silva is probably at least 20lbs heavier walking around, taller, faster, a better striker, I would think stronger too. GSP's only shot is to get him to the ground and make it a boring lay and pray UD but this isn't a WW he is trying to muscle down.

I would expect a total mismatch if it happened.

GreatestIam
04-27-2011, 12:59 AM
Silva V GSP has to happen, all the people calling for Jones v Silva wait a fuking sec your being dumb. Both have held there respective weightclasses down for 5+ title defenses and are 20 pounds away... Let Jones fight Evans, Rampage then maybe Silva!!!

And as Saturday gets closer i think Jake Shields may ware GSP down!

$BloodyNate$
04-27-2011, 01:16 AM
Nate, do you work for UFC?

Silva is probably at least 20lbs heavier walking around, taller, faster, a better striker, I would think stronger too. GSP's only shot is to get him to the ground and make it a boring lay and pray UD but this isn't a WW he is trying to muscle down.

I would expect a total mismatch if it happened.

Dude, Silva has no takedown defense and the only strength he has is the muai Thai clinch because the grip around the back of the neck. He would not overpower GSP in any way shape or form.

Maybe something else you prolly never heard about before is GSP is NOTORIOUS for taking down almost every single fighter in his camp. He takes Rashad Evans down on the daily. That's a big light heavyweight.

I would think if you went onto an MMA site and made a poll it'd be as close to 50/50 if anything. Everybody's been expecting GSP to move up to middleweight. This ain't ****in boxing. That's like saying Victor Ortiz should fight Marquez for the welterweight title because Ortiz is coming off a huge win like Jones.

Jones hasn't even defended the title yet. It is so ****in stupid to have that match until at least a year or 2. Like I said, have you watched MMA long enough to know URRAYBODY said Rampage was unstoppable then lost to Griffin. URRAYBODY said Rashad was unstoppable until Machida knocked him out. Then URRAYBODY said Shogun was unstoppable.

See what I'm saying? He hasn't done ***** to even make you think he'll still be champion by this time next year. GSP is arguably the great fighter in the world because on paper when it comes down to the most overall all around best fighter in the world.. HE ****IN IS.

Ya'll are acting like he's some small welterweight scrub. He's been building his body mass slow and steady down to a perfect science. He knew he would be up at middleweight one day so he's doing it perfectly. No mismatch. Thats just ridiculous boxing bull*****.

Spray_resistant
04-27-2011, 01:23 AM
Dude, Silva has no takedown defense and the only strength he has is the muai Thai clinch because the grip around the back of the neck. He would not overpower GSP in any way shape or form.

Maybe something else you prolly never heard about before is GSP is NOTORIOUS for taking down almost every single fighter in his camp. He takes Rashad Evans down on the daily. That's a big light heavyweight.

I would think if you went onto an MMA site and made a poll it'd be as close to 50/50 if anything. Everybody's been expecting GSP to move up to middleweight. This ain't ****in boxing. That's like saying Victor Ortiz should fight Marquez for the welterweight title because Ortiz is coming off a huge win like Jones.

Jones hasn't even defended the title yet. It is so ****in stupid to have that match until at least a year or 2. Like I said, have you watched MMA long enough to know URRAYBODY said Rampage was unstoppable then lost to Griffin. URRAYBODY said Rashad was unstoppable until Machida knocked him out. Then URRAYBODY said Shogun was unstoppable.

See what I'm saying? He hasn't done ***** to even make you think he'll still be champion by this time next year. GSP is arguably the great fighter in the world because on paper when it comes down to the most overall all around best fighter in the world.. HE ****IN IS.

Ya'll are acting like he's some small welterweight scrub. He's been building his body mass slow and steady down to a perfect science. He knew he would be up at middleweight one day so he's doing it perfectly. No mismatch. Thats just ridiculous boxing bull*****.

You have not explained in all of that how he would manage to beat Silva. I am just trying to envision how you or anyone is envisioning GSP physically manhandling Silva and even if he possibly can he may become hesitant to shoot because of Silva's strikes, the speed disadvantage he is at and how Silva could probably stay at range on his bike and operate from there.

This really has nothing to do with Jones at all but there is nothing wrong with pointing out that GSP has not beaten any MWs let alone a good one that would make someone say hey maybe he could beat Silva.

$BloodyNate$
04-27-2011, 01:35 AM
You have not explained in all of that how he would manage to beat Silva. I am just trying to envision how you or anyone is envisioning GSP physically manhandling Silva and even if he possibly can he may become hesitant to shoot because of Silva's strikes, the speed disadvantage he is at and how Silva could probably stay at range on his bike and operate from there.

This really has nothing to do with Jones at all but there is nothing wrong with pointing out that GSP has not beaten any MWs let alone a good one that would make someone say hey maybe he could beat Silva.

That again is ridiculous boxing nonsense. Marquez has done nothing to prove he could beat Khan or Bradley at 140. He most likely can't do because their too big and fast for him. Thats only one aspect of fighting though. In MMA for the most part SIZE DOESN'T matter. Because no matter what positiion your in on the ground or on the feet you are always only a punch or submission away from winning a fight even after taking a bad beating for a few rounds. Look back at the old UFC tournaments when Royce Gracie was submitting heavyweights. Gameplans and styles are what makes fights.

I told you GSP takes Rashad Evans down on the regular who is an amazing accomplished wrestler. Silva has ALWAYS done terrible against wrestlers. Hendo dominated him the 1st round of their fight with wrestling. Chonnen dominated him for 5 rounds with wrestling. *****, even Vitor Belfort ****in took him down in his last fight. He's trained with Canadian Olympic team wrestlers.

Jake Shields had success at middleweight and GSP is a much bigger, stronger, more well rounded fighter then him. Shields gets by on his wrestling/juijitsu alone where GSP is a better all around fighter.

He does olympic style workouts and like I said a killer insane diet thats making him a bigger badder fighter each and every time out there. Styles and game plans make fights. Not size.

Spray_resistant
04-27-2011, 01:40 AM
That again is ridiculous boxing nonsense. Marquez has done nothing to prove he could beat Khan or Bradley at 140. He most likely can't do because their too big and fast for him. Thats only one aspect of fighting though. In MMA for the most part SIZE DOESN'T matter. Because no matter what positiion your in on the ground or on the feet you are always only a punch or submission away from winning a fight even after taking a bad beating for a few rounds. Look back at the old UFC tournaments when Royce Gracie was submitting heavyweights. Gameplans and styles are what makes fights.

I told you GSP takes Rashad Evans down on the regular who is an amazing accomplished wrestler. Silva has ALWAYS done terrible against wrestlers. Hendo dominated him the 1st round of their fight with wrestling. Chonnen dominated him for 5 rounds with wrestling. *****, even Vitor Belfort ****in took him down in his last fight. He's trained with Canadian Olympic team wrestlers.

Jake Shields had success at middleweight and GSP is a much bigger, stronger, more well rounded fighter then him. Shields gets by on his wrestling/juijitsu alone where GSP is a better all around fighter.

He does olympic style workouts and like I said a killer insane diet thats making him a bigger badder fighter each and every time out there. Styles and game plans make fights. Not size.

Well then it seems we have a bet if this goes down, but I would feel more confident in GSP's chances if he had beaten a good MW before this takes place.

$BloodyNate$
04-27-2011, 01:44 AM
Well then it seems we have a bet if this goes down, but I would feel more confident in GSP's chances if he had beaten a good MW before this takes place.

hahaha you would think so but HELL NO. Believe it or not I hate GSP and think he's boring as **** his last few fights but I just think people are overjumping the gun a lot with Jones as with the last few light heavyweight champs since everybody is already starving acting like their gonna die if that fight don't happen.

No matter how much I don't like him, when you make a blueprint of what an MMA should like like and skills he should have. I don't think their's a better more overall well rounded fight then GSP who has absolutely no weakness. I feel like GSP is a favorite here because of his wrestling.

Anderson is one of my favorite fighters so I'm looking forward to Silva knocking him out. I just don't think it's a mismatch or a terrible fight at all. Like I said when this goes down it will without a doubt be the biggest fighter in MMA HISTORY with the 2 best fighters in the world P4P will be throwing down!

Spray_resistant
04-27-2011, 01:49 AM
hahaha you would think so but HELL NO. Believe it or not I hate GSP and think he's boring as **** his last few fights but I just think people are overjumping the gun a lot with Jones as with the last few light heavyweight champs since everybody is already starving acting like their gonna die if that fight don't happen.

No matter how much I don't like him, when you make a blueprint of what an MMA should like like and skills he should have. I don't think their's a better more overall well rounded fight then GSP who has absolutely no weakness. I feel like GSP is a favorite here because of his wrestling.

Anderson is one of my favorite fighters so I'm looking forward to Silva knocking him out. I just don't think it's a mismatch or a terrible fight at all. Like I said when this goes down it will without a doubt be the biggest fighter in MMA HISTORY with the 2 best fighters in the world P4P will be throwing down!

I agree on Jones needed a few more good wins under his belt, they could really build up a fight with him and Silva if Silva sticks around since he is getting older now.

Don't think its the most terrible fight GSP/Silva, just having a hard time envisioning GSP manhandling him and taking him down at will due to the natural size differential even if he is trying to put on an un-natural amount of muscle be he is a natural 185lb guy from what I understand. Him putting on weight will make him slower and could hurt his stamina if this goes late.

shinobi108
04-27-2011, 09:37 AM
Gsp would dominate silva to an easy UD

Big BRICKS
04-27-2011, 07:55 PM
You guys are getting too much into the politics. We're talking about a fight between two world class fighters, one has fought as a big 170, the other has fought at 185lbs and 205lbs. It answers itself really.

-Swizzy-
04-27-2011, 09:40 PM
this fight should be at 178 lbs with neither title on the line and the winner gets a big ass P4P King Trophy ceremonially presented to them after the fight, and then both fighters continue to defend their titles in their respective divisions.

$BloodyNate$
04-28-2011, 12:39 AM
this fight should be at 178 lbs with neither title on the line and the winner gets a big ass P4P King Trophy ceremonially presented to them after the fight, and then both fighters continue to defend their titles in their respective divisions.

That might be some Paciquao ***** though because I think he's pretty much done at 170. If Nick really wants go box then after Shields he has nobody else at 170 except BJ & Fitch who neither have really done much too prove the outcome would be any different and they both got dominated by GSP. GSP's last great fight was against Fitch ironically. That was a ****in war!

So anyway I think he goes for it all or nothing. Go up to 185 and keep enhancing your legacy because he's already beaten everybody at 170 and he's limiting himself by just competing at the same old level with no competition to help him mature as a fighter.

I think he could give Anderson, Jacare, Beltfort, and Okami fits. He's almost as big as Rashad when they spar. I don't doubt GSP's limitations at all.

Danny Gunz
04-29-2011, 01:05 PM
I agree with Nate on this one. People have been clamoring for GSP-Silva for years and now it is very close yet people now want Silva - Jones.

Jones hasnt even defended his belt once yet lets see how he does against the top LHW before we want a Silva - Jones ifght.

People saying Silva is stronger then GSP must be crazy. Yeah Silva fights at a higher weight, but GSP is a gym rat and fitness freak he at 170 is probably stronger then Silva at 185.

-Swizzy-
04-29-2011, 02:43 PM
That might be some Paciquao ***** though because I think he's pretty much done at 170. If Nick really wants go box then after Shields he has nobody else at 170 except BJ & Fitch who neither have really done much too prove the outcome would be any different and they both got dominated by GSP. GSP's last great fight was against Fitch ironically. That was a ****in war!

So anyway I think he goes for it all or nothing. Go up to 185 and keep enhancing your legacy because he's already beaten everybody at 170 and he's limiting himself by just competing at the same old level with no competition to help him mature as a fighter.

I think he could give Anderson, Jacare, Beltfort, and Okami fits. He's almost as big as Rashad when they spar. I don't doubt GSP's limitations at all.

not really. If the fight were at a catchweight of 178 for the MW title, THEN it would be a Pacquiao type stipulation. But I'm suggesting that this fight be simply for the P4P title and not their weight titles.

elgranluchadore
04-29-2011, 06:52 PM
the crowd really isnt demanding it like they demand pac vs mayweather
i doubt the ufc does it i also doubt about jones vs silva
it will all happen very slowly

F l i c k e r
04-30-2011, 06:19 AM
the crowd really isnt demanding it like they demand pac vs mayweather
i doubt the ufc does it i also doubt about jones vs silva
it will all happen very slowly

It probably would if they both win their next fights. Just look at the Penn moving up to fight Hughes/GSP so called 'super-fights'. UFC management has no qualms about sending to top dogs to fight each other.

But it won't happen because Okami will win the belt.