View Full Version : Nick Diaz sparring like a beast against Omar Henry

pbmike
04-25-2011, 05:20 PM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wrUB1_Xnb48" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:spankme:

Nick Fury
04-25-2011, 05:58 PM
Omar Henry gave him an ass whopppinnn

El_Forklift
04-25-2011, 06:03 PM
He is SLOWWWWWW!!!!

Clegg
04-25-2011, 06:12 PM
I think his pro career is going to go very badly if he does end up facing Jeff Lacy this year.

For all the **** people say about JL, there's a world of difference between someone who was good enough to fight in the Olympics and win a world title, and someone who looks as bad as that in sparring, even if they were having an off day or very tired.

Las Vegas,
04-25-2011, 06:22 PM
Why the hell is Diaz going to boxing? Why can't he just wait until Saturday night when his friends gets his ass beat. He can make HUGE money off a GSP fight. Diaz vs. GSP is a superfight that I wouldn't mind ordering at all. It's weird because I hate GSP and ever since UFC 111 I refused to order anymore of his crappy fights. The Diaz fight I'm willing to pay for.

$BloodyNate$
04-25-2011, 06:42 PM
He's got nothing but chin to bring into the boxing world. Bad idea from the start. He can get away with his striking in MMA but for boxing he has a terrible style for it. He gets hit way to often and it's only a matter of time before he get KO'd.

pbmike
04-25-2011, 08:02 PM
thats the so called best mma boxer just shows you mma = wrestling or very bad boxers

kaps
04-26-2011, 02:34 AM
thats the so called best mma boxer just shows you mma = wrestling or very bad boxers

I don't know anyone who calls him the best boxer in MMA....

crillz
04-26-2011, 03:33 AM
the video is private, how can I see it?

Naps
04-26-2011, 12:08 PM
Video private :(

New England
04-26-2011, 01:15 PM
;10434802']Why the hell is Diaz going to boxing? Why can't he just wait until Saturday night when his friends gets his ass beat. He can make HUGE money off a GSP fight. Diaz vs. GSP is a superfight that I wouldn't mind ordering at all. It's weird because I hate GSP and ever since UFC 111 I refused to order anymore of his crappy fights. The Diaz fight I'm willing to pay for.

mma fighters in "huge" fights are on a pay scale that is dwarfed by the pay scale of the top boxers on the planet

brock lesnar (whose popularity came from other sports) is the highest paid mma ahlete per number of fights ever

floyd mayweather could buy and sell him
he made more in his last two fights than the entire top ten in mma in GSP's division, or frankie edgars division (ww and lw respectively) in their entire careers

unlike running TR, or gbp, running hte UFC is expensive
those guys invest in the product and actually promote

they're also robbing their top guys, to a degree, if they are paying them in the six figures, and they are headlining ppv's that sell close to a million

theres 60 million dollars of gross generated if a 60 dollar ppv sells a million
and the UFC (or strikeforce, to a lesser degree) banks it

kaps
04-26-2011, 02:33 PM
Noons vs Henry
<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NZ3tcTVhxKE&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NZ3tcTVhxKE&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

kaps
04-26-2011, 04:02 PM
http://i54.tinypic.com/imkxzm.jpg

quique24
05-10-2011, 06:50 PM
Noons vs Henry
<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NZ3tcTVhxKE&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NZ3tcTVhxKE&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>
Kj is much better than Diaz.. KJ actually fights in boxing as well as MMA

'Sugar' Freddi
05-10-2011, 10:38 PM
Private video. :(

kaps
05-11-2011, 12:08 AM
Kj is much better than Diaz.. KJ actually fights in boxing as well as MMA

Apparently you haven't seen Diaz vs Noons 2...

punchDrUnK MONK
05-13-2011, 12:01 AM
yo diaz is a great boxer. he is really good with combinations. he isnt a crazy power puncher, doesnt have much defensive boxing like starpower.. but his combinations and handspeed are entertaining and definitely above average. he might do well in boxing..

Marchegiano
05-13-2011, 12:27 AM
Apparently you haven't seen Diaz vs Noons 2...

that only makes him 1-1 against Noons...plus Noons' victory over Nick was a stoppage while Nick's victory over Noons was a decision.

CiganoBoxer
05-13-2011, 05:37 AM
the video is private, how can I see it?

Video private :(

Private video. :(This video is private for me also :( :thinking:

Grapes
05-13-2011, 11:39 AM
http://steverattlesnake.cliquezone.com/2010/08/omar-henry-mma-isnt-a-sport-its-almost-something-like-a-freak-show/

this is what omar henry said about MMA last year ! now he's talking about an MMA pro debut soon wtffff

kaps
05-13-2011, 02:17 PM
that only makes him 1-1 against Noons...plus Noons' victory over Nick was a stoppage while Nick's victory over Noons was a decision.

Stopped because of a cut. If you think thats legit then you shouldn't be a fan of any combat sport....

Jack3d
05-13-2011, 02:22 PM
Stopped because of a cut. If you think thats legit then you shouldn't be a fan of any combat sport....

He wasn't mounting any significant offense in that fight whatsoever anyway. He was shooting in with crappy takedowns and eating knees to the face and getting lit up standing. It was only a matter of time before it was stopped.

kaps
05-13-2011, 03:00 PM
He wasn't mounting any significant offense in that fight whatsoever anyway. He was shooting in with crappy takedowns and eating knees to the face and getting lit up standing. It was only a matter of time before it was stopped.

I disagree, not that he wasn't getting his ass whooped, because he was, but that it would've been stopped without the cut.....

Marchegiano
05-14-2011, 02:42 AM
I don't see how, in any way, how your response negates my point.

kaps
05-14-2011, 01:01 PM
I don't see how, in any way, how your response negates my point.

Noons didn't stop Diaz. The NSAC did.....

Marchegiano
05-14-2011, 01:24 PM
How often do you hear the Diaz brothers *****ing about bs rulings? He knows as well as any other fighter the best way to not lose due to doctor stopage is to not get hurt. Not only did he get hurt he got cut. His face is ****ed up after the rematch as well.

I don't mean to argue that Noons is the better fighter just that they're pretty evenly matched, and to use Diaz Noons 2 as your whole bases of judging how these guys fair h2h is a little propagandist. Like it or not Noons beat Diaz, and was beating him before the fight was stopped.

kaps
05-14-2011, 01:28 PM
How often do you hear the Diaz brothers *****ing about bs rulings? He knows as well as any other fighter the best way to not lose due to doctor stopage is to not get hurt. Not only did he get hurt he got cut. His face is ****ed up after the rematch as well.

I don't mean to argue that Noons is the better fighter just that they're pretty evenly matched, and to use Diaz Noons 2 as your whole bases of judging how these guys fair h2h is a little propagandist. Like it or not Noons beat Diaz, and was beating him before the fight was stopped.

I never said he wasn't beating him, but you implied that Noons stopped Diaz, which he didn't. Cuts are not TKO's, if you want to see Diaz stopped watch the first Jeremy Jackson fight......

Marchegiano
05-14-2011, 01:51 PM
Diaz comes in fit to fight gets cut by Noons and became no longer fit to fight. Noons has a bit to do with it. doctor stoppage is probably the most anti-climatic way to stop a fight, and the truth is I've never seen a cut and thought awe man I hope they stop this ****...it's always just the opposite, but fighting is a game, read the sig, and it's got rules man. You can use them to your advantage. One certainly could work for cuts and ring side stoppages. I don't propose Noons is one of these guys, nor do I mean to suggest the Diaz stoppage was anything more than some nice shots and a bit of luck, but it seems like the natural flow of this convo is spilling into credit for the cutter. I disagree with the notion that because your fringing the stop on a man's judgment that one does cause the stoppage. The cutter is the cause the stoppage is the effect. I mean what if fighter a's whole game plan centers around getting cuts all over fighter b's face and ending the fight that way? Does the fact that a third man has to step in to call it finished negate effort put into doing the cutting? I agree cut are not TKO's but I do not segway that into the idea the cutter didn't end the fight.

Clegg
05-14-2011, 02:41 PM
Anyway, regardless of how you see the first fight, I think rematch shows that Diaz has improved quite a bit and is now a better striker than Noons.

kaps
05-14-2011, 10:50 PM
Anyway, regardless of how you see the first fight, I think rematch shows that Diaz has improved quite a bit and is now a better striker than Noons.

This +1........

Bacatit
05-15-2011, 01:51 AM
Diaz ain't pretty with the stand up but he definately created his own style of boxing fit for his ability and IT"S AFFECTIVE !!!

It's not the bomb that kills you it's the consistent nonrhythmic shots that throw people off !!!

G A M E
05-15-2011, 03:06 AM
a private video?