View Full Version : what is the best to get yourself ripped by training?

mundy96
04-25-2011, 04:06 PM
i want to no how to get myself ripped by training and i want to no the best way :D

Chinch
04-25-2011, 05:27 PM
i want to no how to get myself ripped by training and i want to no the best way :D

Number 6, and 7 are optional but definitly wont hurt.

1) Good diet

2) Cardio

3) Weight training

4) Lots of sleep

5) Protein

6) Creatine

7) Amino Acids- Glutamine\Lysine\Ornithine

paulsinghnl
04-25-2011, 07:09 PM
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/get_big_and_ripped_workout.htm

more reps, lighter weights is what they say.. but the link will show you the best actually. find the middle road, medium weights with medium reps, try to push ur limit and cardio for sure to burn the fat off, so ur muscles pop more.

Jack3d
04-25-2011, 07:26 PM
Diet and Cardio. Everything else is secondary. It won't matter what training routine you follow.

Diet and Cardio is what will determine how "ripped" you are.

mushahadeen
04-25-2011, 08:33 PM
lower body fat $% thru diet & exercise.

Yuricane
04-26-2011, 04:42 AM
1. get money
2. get a lipposuction
3.????
4. profit!!!!

Uturn
04-26-2011, 09:57 AM
Cardio, good diet, and low repetitions. If you have low BF then it shouldn't be to hard for you.

mundy96
04-26-2011, 05:07 PM
thanks everyone for your replys very helpfull

TKD1
04-26-2011, 05:18 PM
Cardio, good diet, and low repetitions. If you have low BF then it shouldn't be to hard for you.

LOW REPETITIONS, are you sure of it? What you mean is that I need to increase the weight and low the repetitions, am I right?

paulsinghnl
04-26-2011, 05:44 PM
short explanations:

if you want to get ripped, focusing on cardio will make you lean, not ripped, because you will also burn muscle mass along with body fat.

lifting heavier weights for lower reps will make your muscles grow big, but not burn fat easily, you won't get leaner.

so you need to burn fat as well as keeping your muscles strong. that's the easiest way to explain it, you can see it on the link i showed u.

Diet is really important. I can't tell you everything, but my friend told me that drinking plenty of water and green tea is the best thing for him, i do that too and it seems to work. proteins, moderate carbs and moderate fats are important.

Uturn
04-26-2011, 05:58 PM
LOW REPETITIONS, are you sure of it? What you mean is that I need to increase the weight and low the repetitions, am I right?

Apologies bro, I wasn't thinking when I was typing lol. You're right, high repetitions (12,14) with a low weight.

Jack3d
04-27-2011, 12:41 AM
High Reps and Low weight do not make you ripped, toned or make you drop bodyfat.

That is one of the most popular bro-science claims. It's a myth.

If you want to get ripped or "toned" as the women put it, you need to eat right and do cardio. Fat is burned at a low heart rate, not doing 1000 reps with 10lbs.

Steady pace cardio for 20-30 minutes and eat clean.

Spartacus Sully
04-27-2011, 01:08 AM
High Reps and Low weight do not make you ripped, toned or make you drop bodyfat.

That is one of the most popular bro-science claims. It's a myth.

If you want to get ripped or "toned" as the women put it, you need to eat right and do cardio. Fat is burned at a low heart rate, not doing 1000 reps with 10lbs.

Steady pace cardio for 20-30 minutes and eat clean.

1000 reps with 10 lbs would be low intensity(low heart rate).

as far as the OP i dont reccomend 1000 reps with 10 lbs youll burn some fat but it is by far the least efficient way to get where you want if your goals arnt to have massive endurance.

light cardio: elipictial, biking, walking, jogging and calistentics: push ups pull ups sit ups burpees jump squats body weight squats ect with a healthy diet will get you where you want to be.

you can mix the 2 though, i used to walk around for an hour with 10 lb ankle weights strapped to my arms while i walked i would do curls, lat raises, punch outs and any other arm exercises i could think of with well over 1000 reps in total and the fat would just melt off.