View Full Version : Who will be in the the P4P top 5 when Mayweather/Pac-man are done?

Stallone60
04-25-2011, 09:32 AM
Who will be in the P4P top 5 when mayweather and pac-man are done?

Sam Donald
04-25-2011, 09:35 AM
Amir Khan
Gamboa

Quarry
04-25-2011, 02:01 PM
Boxing will die unless we get a new PPV superstar

BigStereotype
04-25-2011, 02:23 PM

And I'm sure that'll never happen :rolleyes:

Also...maybe Gamboa, but he's not as young as people think. Sergio will be finished by then, too. Amir Khan? If his chin holds up, he's got the talent, but that's a big if the way he lunges around. Even if he was hurting his chin making weight, diving in to punches with your hands down is a good way to get KTFO.

studentofthegam
04-25-2011, 06:03 PM
I say Floyd if he has a onesided victory over Pacquiao and puts a whooping on Ortiz or Martinez.

Saddlebred
04-26-2011, 06:35 AM
I say Floyd if he has a onesided victory over Pacquiao and puts a whooping on Ortiz or Martinez.I think he means what will the top 5 p4p rankings look like in a couple years...but what predicting future p4p rankings has to do with the Boxing History section ::shrug::

mickey malone
04-26-2011, 09:29 AM
Who will be in the P4P top 5 when mayweather and pac-man are done?
Mayweather is (done) isn't he?

Andre Ward and Tim Bradley look like very capable prospects.

Prince Mongo
04-26-2011, 09:32 AM
Mayweather is (done) isn't he?

Andre Ward and Tim Bradley look like very capable prospects.

Mickey do you see Bradley beating Khan? I agree with you on Andre Ward but Bradley I am not so sure about.

New England
04-26-2011, 09:33 AM

good promoters invest in fighters and turn them into superstars

it has little to do with the fighters

the next superstar is the one that gbp and top rank create

nachorjj
04-26-2011, 09:48 AM
David Haye
Andre Ward
Ismayl Sillakh
Guillermo Rigondeaux
Gennady Golovkin/Odlanier Solis

mickey malone
04-26-2011, 10:33 AM
Mickey do you see Bradley beating Khan? I agree with you on Andre Ward but Bradley I am not so sure about.
Bradley was an alternative choice to Khan as i see them being pretty much even at this stage in their careers, but i don't think it'll be too long b4 we find out.
The Maidana fight has definitely cast aside a lot of the doubts about Khan's chin, but he still had to dig in very deep, especially during the later rounds. Amir also tends to rush in a bit, doesn't connect cleanly with a lot of his power shots and could come unstuck against a more patient fighter who sits on his punches. Bradley's shown signs of this, looks extremely well conditioned and could well be Khan's boogeyman. Just an observation, but tbh it's still too early to tell.

mickey malone
04-26-2011, 10:45 AM
David Haye
Andre Ward
Ismayl Sillakh
Guillermo Rigondeaux
Gennady Golovkin/Odlanier Solis
Solis???!!... Surely not! :nono:

Daruhon
04-26-2011, 11:38 AM
my bet

Gamboa
JM lopez
Chavez Jr.
Donaire
Amir Khan

BigStereotype
04-26-2011, 01:09 PM
my bet

Gamboa
JM lopez
Chavez Jr.
Donaire
Amir Khan

Please, ****ing God no.

SCtrojansbaby
04-26-2011, 05:08 PM
All of the following are 4 or 5 star talents

Ward
Vazquez
Dawson
Gamboa
Juanma
Donaire
Segura
Canelo
Khan
Rios

and that doesn't include prospects who aren't as far along like Zurdo Sanchez the most promising middle weight prospect Mexico has ever produced or Carlos Negron or Jack Culcay

chiguy91
04-26-2011, 05:21 PM
basically any younger fighter that's doing really good so far will be on top as soon as this older generation leaves (cotto,mayweather,pacquiao,marquez types)
why is this in the boxing history section though, shouldn't it be in nsb or something?

New England
04-27-2011, 06:01 PM
in no real order i'm going with :

donaire
ward
gamboa
segura

these guys are going to have opponents worthy of projecting them to p4p, without being likely to set them back. also, the ring has a tendency to keep you on the list once you get there, and ward, segura, and donaire are already entrants

and i dont see anybody else who jumps right at me
khan and bradley have eachother to deal with, or i might have put one of them on the list over the other. i do believe the winner has a shot of staying at the top
maravilla isnt going to fight forever
both klitschkos are due to retire soon
chad dawson had the talent, but certainly isn't the fighter i had hoped he was
likewise with dirrell

Mugwump
04-27-2011, 06:32 PM
A bit early perhaps but given the accelerated career of DeGale it might not be too long before he's knocking on the door.

Yes, he's yet to be tested (Groves - despite his defensive flaws - will certainly make him hurry). But there's just something about him that simply oozes quality. If his chin holds up (I've no reason to think it won't so far) he'll be a nightmare customer for anyone to face.

It's bad enough challenging someone who has exceptional speed and combinations. But throw in a defence that has Mayweather stamped all over it and you've got a star in the making.

If I were Oscar I'd be tying him up to a golden handcuffs deal.

studentofthegam
05-01-2011, 02:10 AM
gamboa
Donaire
Mares
Ward
Solomon