View Full Version : me shadowboxing

Juof
04-19-2011, 02:07 PM
i did a little video of me shadowboxing to try and find my flaws i found my chin wasn't tucked in, my back foot was flat footed also my hands shake alot before i throw punches it was just a quick mess around video but none the less id be happy if you could help point out some more flaws thanks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFtuSOwtK9U

Barn
04-19-2011, 02:11 PM
Embedded for all you lazy people

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yFtuSOwtK9U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Barn
04-19-2011, 02:14 PM
When throwing the jab step into it more and bend the front knee as you're doing so.

Swivel your hips furhter when throwing a straight right and with your back foot make a motion of squashing a cigarette. This creates power once again.

If your finding you can't swivel your hips any more maybe your body is too square. When boxing your left side should nearly be pointing forwards as it makes your stomach a smaller target and increases turning force.

Out of intrest do you visit a gym?

Juof
04-19-2011, 02:16 PM
yeah im going back today my record is pretty bad im 1 win - 2 losses but i enjoy it so ill continue to train, just from watching the ortiz berto fight it gave me motivation to go back to the gym

Barn
04-19-2011, 02:29 PM
yeah im going back today my record is pretty bad im 1 win - 2 losses but i enjoy it so ill continue to train, just from watching the ortiz berto fight it gave me motivation to go back to the gym
One thing you have to learn is in Amateur Boxing, records don't matter. I know someone with a losing record who is currently Scottish Champion.

qari
04-19-2011, 03:26 PM
Ur pretty quik buh u dont have any power is ur shots do what barnburner said and u will b much better

Juof
04-19-2011, 06:21 PM
thanks for the advice both of you, ill work on stepping with my punches and ill shadow box in a bigger space next time my bed was litterally next to me so i didnt have much space to move about

Cassius Liston
04-19-2011, 06:34 PM
When throwing the jab step into it more and bend the front knee as you're doing so.

Swivel your hips furhter when throwing a straight right and with your back foot make a motion of squashing a cigarette. This creates power once again.

If your finding you can't swivel your hips any more maybe your body is too square. When boxing your left side should nearly be pointing forwards as it makes your stomach a smaller target and increases turning force.

Out of intrest do you visit a gym?

Where abouts in Scotland are you? and thats ok advice.. but I think he's putting too much into his punches when he's shadow boxing.. he might do himself an injury.. I tend to not let my arms extend all the way as you might pullsomething without a solid target...The Stepping on a cigarette with your right foot is good advice for right hand power though...

Uturn
04-19-2011, 06:35 PM
make sure you extend your arm abit more when you throw the jab. looks like you have a decent reach and your jab could become very effective, possibly being your main weapon.

Holtol
04-19-2011, 06:53 PM
I would work on keeping a better fist at the end of your punches. I was not a boxer though, I competed at Karate and Judo. Still seems like a bad habit to me.

Yuricane
04-19-2011, 07:13 PM
is this video a joke... it made me lol :rofl: :rofl:

Barn
04-20-2011, 04:44 AM
is this video a joke... it made me lol :rofl: :rofl:
Post one of yourself then please.

mrboxer
04-20-2011, 10:27 AM
you seem to be throwing the same punches mix it up a bit try moving to your right then slip left uppercut back peddle jab one two jab jab one two left hook right cross:boxing: