View Full Version : Better fight? Pacquiao vs Azumah OR Izzy Vazquez vs Morales?

SCtrojansbaby
04-16-2011, 05:25 AM
By better I mean purely which one would YOU rather see

Azumah Nelson vs Manny Pacquiao @130

OR

Israel Vazquez vs Erik Morales @ 122

and if you want who would win those fights?

New England
04-16-2011, 11:33 AM
pacquiao was still fighting in a largely unrefined manner at 130

but his jumps in weight were certainly not out of total neccessity in terms of outgrowing them. he moved to WW for the money.

it would be a question of how much pacquiao could have improved on his boxing skills at said weight
the hatton fight is perhaps the closest we can get (10 lbs north) to seeing a prime pacquiao in terms of his boxing abilities meshing with his natural size and physical abilities at a more appropriate weight class

in other words, his best days in terms of his boxing skills in their prime have come at weights north of 130, where his physical gifts are diminished because of the size of his opponents

the current, in and out, two handed, cutting and slashing type pacquiao who somehow made 130 by the grace of god would beat nelson (i cant say that he would, but for the sake of argument.) i love the guy, but he'd get smashed. manny is a harder puncher by a huge stretch, faster, very durable, and today has developed real world class two fisted offense.

the real pacquiao at 130, however, would probably lose a decision. at that weight he was still a blunt instrument in terms of his development

on to morales and vasquez
no brainer : morales wasn't easy to hit
and vazquez was

vazquez wouldnt make it 12

if you like a bloody spectacle you might like this fight more than pacquiao and nelson. or if you're a morales fan
it's not going to be competitive

$BloodyNate$
04-16-2011, 12:16 PM
hahah Pac the best you got? Were talkin the mean ass warrior Morales here, legend, notorious for legendary fights. Vasquez is a banger himself, was world class in his day. That's an ATG fight right there. I mean that would be a classic war. Back and forth and *****. That'd be insane.

Pac-Azumah isn't gonna make me rather watch that then an all out rumble like Morales-Vaquez. You gotta give me a fantasy match up like Whitaker-Mosley @ lightweight or Trinidad-Duran exciting ***** like that haha.

SCtrojansbaby
04-16-2011, 01:15 PM
pacquiao was still fighting in a largely unrefined manner at 130

but his jumps in weight were certainly not out of total neccessity in terms of outgrowing them. he moved to WW for the money.

it would be a question of how much pacquiao could have improved on his boxing skills at said weight
the hatton fight is perhaps the closest we can get (10 lbs north) to seeing a prime pacquiao in terms of his boxing abilities meshing with his natural size and physical abilities at a more appropriate weight class

in other words, his best days in terms of his boxing skills in their prime have come at weights north of 130, where his physical gifts are diminished because of the size of his opponents

You have it all wrong, the whole 2 handed thing is a farce. Anybody can look 2 handed fighting guys who are shot. When he gets in a real fight though the only Pacquiao is the straight left throwing wreckless Pacquiao with an iron chin and ungodly stamina.

Pastrano
04-16-2011, 02:00 PM
I asked Israel, thru another guy, which fighter, alive or dead, he'd most like to fight and he said Wilfredo Bazooka Gomez.:boxing: That'd be a HELL of a fight for sure!

BigStereotype
04-16-2011, 02:15 PM
Vazquez vs. Morales. Those two are absolute warriors and you can always count on explosions when you get two Mexicans in the ring.

Wild Blue Yonda
04-16-2011, 06:54 PM
I immediately thought Morales-Vazquez, but really, Morales would just be plainly too classy. Id go with Pacquiao-Nelson.

BigStereotype
04-16-2011, 07:07 PM
I immediately thought Morales-Vazquez, but really, Morales would just be plainly too classy. Id go with Pacquiao-Nelson.

He was too classy for In-Jin Chi, Wayne McCullough and Paulie Ayala, too. Those were all solid fights.

Steak
04-16-2011, 07:13 PM
Pac vs Nelson. No offense to Izzy, but Morales could have dominated him if he wanted. Morales would probably make it a war just for the hell of it, but there is no doubt he would have won.

Nelson vs Pacquiao is more of a pick em fight, and I think there would be a lot of changes of momentum in the fight since Nelson would blast Pacquiao at close range and Pacquiao would unload at midrange.

bojangles1987
04-16-2011, 07:48 PM
Um, Morales-Vazquez is a crazy awesome fight for however long it takes Morales to stop Vazquez. Easily that.

Scott9945
04-16-2011, 08:56 PM
I asked Israel, thru another guy, which fighter, alive or dead, he'd most like to fight and he said Wilfredo Bazooka Gomez.:boxing: That'd be a HELL of a fight for sure!

That match wouldn't have gone well for Vazquez at all. Sure it would be action packed, but Gomez would have carved him up. I couldn't imagine Gomez going life/death against guys like Oscar Larios or Jhonny Gonzalez.

Wild Blue Yonda
04-16-2011, 10:59 PM
He was too classy for In-Jin Chi, Wayne McCullough and Paulie Ayala, too. Those were all solid fights.

As I see it, Pacquiao-Nelson is open-ended, but in all likelihood, Morales would dominate Vazquez. It may be the more violent clash, but I'll take an unpredictable fight over a brutal one here.

New England
04-17-2011, 09:07 AM
You have it all wrong, the whole 2 handed thing is a farce. Anybody can look 2 handed fighting guys who are shot. When he gets in a real fight though the only Pacquiao is the straight left throwing wreckless Pacquiao with an iron chin and ungodly stamina.

so you are saying manny hasn't improved his offensive craft since his days at 130 and below?

manny pacquiao made a living on mostly the one two and faster hands in exchanges
he had one punch knockout power

it's gone now

at first i thought you were asserting that he was always a two handed fighter, which is an idea i would have entertained as reasonable because of his work with the jab and in exchanges with both hands

but now that you're saying he's still a one handed fighter?

:dead1:

New England
04-17-2011, 09:10 AM
Um, Morales-Vazquez is a crazy awesome fight for however long it takes Morales to stop Vazquez. Easily that.

this sounds about right

i dont think it would be competitive enough to better nelson and pacquiao

but it would be fun