View Full Version : Anderson Silva: "I would never fight Jon Jones"

rainmaker89
04-16-2011, 12:15 AM
On fighting Jones:

"No chance, he***8217;s in a different weight class, we are friends and we won***8217;t fight each other."

On fighting GSP:

"There is a chance there, everything will depend on our results. It depends on him winning at UFC 129 and me winning in August (against Yushin Okami). And from there, who knows, this fight could take place.

Apparently they're "Friends" now...damn boi you SCURRED!

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/4/15/2114009/anderson-silva-says-he-would-never-fight-jon-jones

Ether
04-16-2011, 12:52 AM
He wouldn't fight Lyoto either.

Clegg
04-16-2011, 01:36 AM
I guess there's no point in hoping a great challenger appears at middleweight anytime soon. Anderson Silva would just becomes 'friends' with them as soon as they started to look like a threat, and that would be the end of it.

$BloodyNate$
04-16-2011, 05:06 AM
I don't think you can give him any ***** because the 205 ship has already sailed. I like what the author said. "We as fans shouldn't pressure fighters to take fights that are bad for them." Later stating we'll see Jones do some great things but ruining Anderson' legacy won't be one of them.

Seriously you guys. This would be like Chad Dawson at 175 right now fighting Angulo at 154. 20lbs weight difference. Anderson has fought at light heavyweight in the past but you can't expect him to be as dominate.

Las Vegas,
04-16-2011, 08:31 AM
Reminds me of freshmen trying to make friends with the senior bullies so they don't get beat up.

shinobi108
04-16-2011, 09:58 AM
I sense fear here

TKD1
04-16-2011, 08:56 PM
I smell p*u*s*s*y here, :spank::spank::spank:

the traveler
04-16-2011, 10:17 PM
Anderson had just recently, even before jones became champ, said that he did not want to move up to 205 anymore and is focused on middleweight. Add on to the fact that he is actually friends with jones and does not fight friends, I don't see why people would expect him to move up and fight jones.

I find it funny that people that only site behind their computer and post on messageboards are the ones calling the people that actually fight the *******.

the traveler
04-16-2011, 10:19 PM
I guess there's no point in hoping a great challenger appears at middleweight anytime soon. Anderson Silva would just becomes 'friends' with them as soon as they started to look like a threat, and that would be the end of it.

man, you guys gotta be kidding. I expected better from this site after seeing this same garbage posted on sherdog.

Bobby No Sex
04-16-2011, 10:31 PM
but GSP fighting Anderson is ok? fawk outta here. anderson and jones are on the same height. GSP is too small. fawk u ***gity anderson.

Clegg
04-16-2011, 10:47 PM
man, you guys gotta be kidding. I expected better from this site after seeing this same garbage posted on sherdog.

If you don't think the 'oh I can't fight him, we're friends' thing sounds stupid, so be it. But what is stupid is complaining about the standard of debate in this thread while simultaeneously offering nothing other than ad hominem arguments like 'you guys are just like sherdog'.

If he wants to stay at MW, that's up to him. But once you step up to 205 to face opponents chosen to make you look good, then of course there are going to be people wanting you to go back there and face the champion, especially when your own division isn't exactly full of top challengers.

If he doesn't want to go back up then fine. But the 'friends' thing was what I commented on and I think it's ridiculous.

The 'friends' thing was used as a reason not to face Machida. Ok, fine, they train together, that's 100% understandable. But using the same reason for Jones, who as far as I know he has never trained with regularly and has no real connection to? It wasn't that long ago that Silva apparently couldn't speak English, now he's magically learned the language and used it to befriend the only legit threat to him. How sweet, when is the movie of this charming bromance coming out?

Despite his flaws, I have to appreciate Rashad Evans: "Jon Jones is the kind of guy I want to be fighting, not on a team with". Now that's the kind of attitude people like to see, and whether or not someone on Sherdog agrees or disagrees doesn't change that.

Oh, and let's appreciate Hendo as well. Happy to fight the best at MW or LHW despite being smaller than Silva.

the traveler
04-16-2011, 11:09 PM
I did say that silva has said prior to jones becoming champ that he does not plan to move to lhw again and is focused on middleweight. I think that's more than anyone of you idiots have offered to this thread.

It's been said time and time again that silva is jones biggest idol as a fighter. Both have said that they have a developing friendship, but I guess you know more about their personal lives than they do.

Let's leave it up to people that have probably never fought in their life to make statements on what fighters loyalties should be.

Of course you think it's rediculous because you are not in that position. I'm sure there are plenty of values or things that you may not do under circumstances that I may find rediculous, like, say for example not using your brain when you post on here.

the traveler
04-16-2011, 11:13 PM

find it funny how your retarded ass wants to tell me that I offered nothing to the thread when this moronic statement was your first post in it. Yeah, because silva, who has been fighting for longer than you probably have been able to read, and has competed in over 30 fights in multiple organizations against top opponents just so happens to be scared to fight people.

The Realist
04-16-2011, 11:20 PM

He's done this before has he? :confused:

F l i c k e r
04-16-2011, 11:36 PM
All you dudes is acting like hoes on their cycle. Anderson hasn't made friends with anyone at Middleweight, so saying that is dumb. As for light heavyweight, he didn't want to fight Lyoto either. He apparently doesn't care for the belt at LHW.

Working the Pacquiao angle in here is dumb as shyt as well. Anderson didn't say shyt about him being big, he doesn't want to fight because Jon is his friend. He never said shyt about GSP being too small, Jones being too big. Get that donky finkle out of here.

Now, I think Jon would beat him. So I ain't savin a hoe, but to pull that NSB shyt in here getting you sliced.

And apparently there will be no GSP-Silva fight, because the Thunder from Japan is takin that belt. :boxing:

Clegg
04-16-2011, 11:37 PM
First of all, I think it's stupid that you've started bringing insults into things. I know it can hurt people like yourself to lose an argument, but don't start lashing out like a little girl on her period or something. To complain about the standard of debate and then resort to name-calling isn't a good way to do things.

Secondly, if you're going to go do things that way, choose your insults wisely. Calling someone an idiot and saying they don't use their brain, and then being unable to spell the word 'ridiculous' makes you look like a joke.

Aside from that, there aren't really many points in your post. Stuff like 'I think I've offered the most to the thread', WTF is that? Do you think everyone else who expresses an opinion is sitting there going 'wow, I really disagree with myself, my opinion is so wrong'? Of course not, everyone thinks they're in the right, so while you telling us your poorly-spelled, badly thought-out dumb **** opinions is merely unfortunate, you telling us how right they are is just redundant.

But hey, have fun wasting your time with the rest of the thread because I won't be.

Clegg
04-16-2011, 11:53 PM
Damn, I made a mistake. See, I thought I was replying to some new poster.

I don't usually get into arguments on here because I quickly realise who is worth talking to and who is worth ignoring. If I'd known that you recently changed your name and that you used to be Steelfist, I would've thought 'oh, that guy who made the Silva is a god (http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=375172) thread and the 'Like it or not, Anderson Silva has surpassed Fedor as the G.O.A.T' thread, he obviously is too insanely obsessed and in love with Anderson to be worth replying to'.

Changing your username to make people forget all the terrible posts associated with your account...nice, maybe you're smarter than I gave you credit for! Not really, you're still a retard :)

the traveler
04-16-2011, 11:56 PM
lol dudewhen exactly did I lose the argument? Infact, what exactly is your argument? That you are in a better position to say if silva is friends with jones than silva himself?

"lashing out like a little girl on her period" haha did you read your first post in this thread? You come across as a moron. Also, I think posting a statement like

-I guess there's no point in hoping a great challenger appears at middleweight anytime soon. Anderson Silva would just becomes 'friends' with them as soon as they started to look like a threat, and that would be the end of it. -

is more indicative of ones intelligence than mispelling a word on a messageboard.
Me saying I offered more than you did in the thread is not a point I was trying to make, it was in reply to you saying that I offered nothing to the thread when infact I offered more than you or anyone else did by pointing out that silva has stated before that he does not want to move up to lhw again. Thus, talks of him saying he doesn't want to fight jones because he is scared of him are off base.

Again, how is anything I said badly thought out or even yet how is anything you have said any better than what I said?

but, hey, I've leave it to you to make moronic statements and try to look cool when your posts are nothing more than pathetic.

If you choose to not post in this thread again it will be a good thing because you've offered nothing more than a 13 year old could do.

the traveler
04-16-2011, 11:58 PM
Damn, I made a mistake. See, I thought I was replying to some new poster.

I don't usually get into arguments on here because I quickly realise who is worth talking to and who is worth ignoring. If I'd known that you recently changed your name and that you used to be Steelfist, I would've thought 'oh, that guy who made the Silva is a god (http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=375172) thread and the 'Like it or not, Anderson Silva has surpassed Fedor as the G.O.A.T' thread, he obviously is too insanely obsessed and in love with Anderson to be worth replying to'.

Changing your username to make people forget all the terrible posts associated with your account...nice, maybe you're smarter than I gave you credit for! Not really, you're still a retard :)

I thought you were done posting in the thread? lol there you go again making statements for people. How the hell do you know why I changed my username? You are a joke lol

Also, how does me saying that silva is goat over fedor proof that I am obsessed with silva? Can someone merely believe something without being obsessed about it?

Calling me a retard isn't going to make you look any better. You are still a fool.

the traveler
04-17-2011, 12:00 AM
and lol at you looking through my post history. And you call me the obsessed one? funny.

Go kill yourself. You are worthless

Konstantin
04-17-2011, 02:20 AM
but GSP fighting Anderson is ok? fawk outta here. anderson and jones are on the same height. GSP is too small. fawk u ***gity anderson.

Yeah, that is weak-sauce.

AKATheMack
04-17-2011, 03:44 AM
Anderson gets his ass beat and he admits it, why the **** talking? Jones is a monster.

mic573
04-17-2011, 07:31 PM
That friends **** is just an excuse. I could understand if they train together daily but if you just talk to each other then I don't think that should stop anyone.

Look at Glen Johnson and Allen Green. They are very good friends and they wasted no time getting in the ring and Johnson didn't back off when he had Green hurt and went in and finished. Afterwards they still remained friends and gave each other respect.

Danny Gunz
04-18-2011, 01:10 AM
I hate this friends bull****.

Dana should include in the contract that we dont care if your friends with anyone if they are the challenger you should fight them.

-Swizzy-
04-18-2011, 10:56 PM
"No chance, he***8217;s in a different weight class" <--- so he doesn't fight guys in a different division....... unless its Irvin and Griffin of course.

GreatestIam
04-21-2011, 02:49 AM
Silva wanted to fight Jones Jr, but not Bones Jones, I smell *****!!!

Danny Gunz
04-21-2011, 10:51 PM
lol dudewhen exactly did I lose the argument? Infact, what exactly is your argument? That you are in a better position to say if silva is friends with jones than silva himself?

"lashing out like a little girl on her period" haha did you read your first post in this thread? You come across as a moron. Also, I think posting a statement like

-I guess there's no point in hoping a great challenger appears at middleweight anytime soon. Anderson Silva would just becomes 'friends' with them as soon as they started to look like a threat, and that would be the end of it. -

is more indicative of ones intelligence than mispelling a word on a messageboard.
Me saying I offered more than you did in the thread is not a point I was trying to make, it was in reply to you saying that I offered nothing to the thread when infact I offered more than you or anyone else did by pointing out that silva has stated before that he does not want to move up to lhw again. Thus, talks of him saying he doesn't want to fight jones because he is scared of him are off base.

Again, how is anything I said badly thought out or even yet how is anything you have said any better than what I said?

but, hey, I've leave it to you to make moronic statements and try to look cool when your posts are nothing more than pathetic.

If you choose to not post in this thread again it will be a good thing because you've offered nothing more than a 13 year old could do.

Who gives a **** if they are friends. They are in the UFC and the F doesn't stand for friends.

If you are a champion and one of the premiere fighters of the UFC you should face the other champions and threats to you regardless whether you are friends or not. Being friends is not an excuse not to fight.

These guys know what they are getting into and should know they are expected to face the best whether or not they develop friendships.

Naps
04-22-2011, 06:00 AM
I agree with everything Clegg has said in this thread. Including the parts where he started humiliating other posters for being simple.