View Full Version : 8% Body Fat, 11 Lbs in Ma body.

Manny_P
09-19-2005, 05:54 PM
That's ta result of that machine that calculates fat inside ma body. I dint ask qustions so Ima ask it here. Is that good? Shyt, 11 lbs? That means I can go back to featherweight if I lose all that fat.

Dyl-G
09-19-2005, 07:24 PM
you cant lose all that, you need fat on your body in order to bend and move.

phook
09-19-2005, 08:11 PM
whats the averge bf% for boxers?

Eric Persson
09-19-2005, 08:16 PM
Average for Elite athletes are 6-8% but i could be lower when you are as small as Manny_P, dont know..

Manny_P
09-19-2005, 10:17 PM
ya, I'm 135 right now. 133lbs in ta morning afta I wake up. I'm as tall as Pac, but I have betta body. nyahahahaha. Jest foolin.

ophqui
09-20-2005, 10:37 AM
Man dont be dumb. U need at the very least 4-4.5% body fat to have healthy organs, muscles and joints. Bare in mind that the fat around vital organs eg the liver and kidneys is especially improtant for boxers when hoping to not die from taking body shots. 8% body fat is perfectly reasonable for an athelete, andu defitaly shouldnt think about trying to lose it (which by the way, would be extremely difficult to do anyway)

spinksjinx
09-20-2005, 10:56 AM
At the championship level boxers usually have about 2-3% bodyfat unless you are a heavyweight.

My b/f percentage is like 2.6%....

jack_the_rippuh
09-20-2005, 12:04 PM
I don't know what mine is, but my abs are serious now.

kbpoetree
09-20-2005, 01:43 PM
yeah, between, 2-5% is good, i'm sitten at 5% weighing in at 147. Just keep on training, it will come off pretty easily unless u just eat like crap. REMEMBER: 70-80% of reaching a fitness goal relies in your nutrition

Pooch
09-20-2005, 03:14 PM
At the championship level boxers usually have about 2-3% bodyfat unless you are a heavyweight.

2.6%!!! man whats your weekly routine and what do you eat?

spinksjinx
09-20-2005, 04:45 PM
Anything I want really. But all I want is natural foods.

Fruits/Veggies/Whole grain wheat breads nothing enriched/white meat/eggs/peanut butter/water/orange juice/MRP/Protein shakes....Few others but those are off the top of my head.

My routine is pretty intense to an extent...

leff
09-20-2005, 05:39 PM

that doesnt sound healthy.

KidBlackie
09-20-2005, 07:50 PM
[[[--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Man dont be dumb. U need at the very least 4-4.5% body fat to have healthy organs, muscles and joints. Bare in mind that the fat around vital organs eg the liver and kidneys is especially improtant for boxers when hoping to not die from taking body shots. 8% body fat is perfectly reasonable for an athelete, andu defitaly shouldnt think about trying to lose it (which by the way, would be extremely difficult to do anyway)]]]
=====================

Some of you boys need to read and understand the above comments. The average NFL defensive back or track athlete has between 6-10% ratio of fat to bodyweight. Anorexics might have 2%. Keep in mind the most accurate way to measure body fat is immersion in water. Everything else is a guesstimate.

spinksjinx
09-20-2005, 10:30 PM
[[[--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Man dont be dumb. U need at the very least 4-4.5% body fat to have healthy organs, muscles and joints. Bare in mind that the fat around vital organs eg the liver and kidneys is especially improtant for boxers when hoping to not die from taking body shots. 8% body fat is perfectly reasonable for an athelete, andu defitaly shouldnt think about trying to lose it (which by the way, would be extremely difficult to do anyway)]]]
=====================

Some of you boys need to read and understand the above comments. The average NFL defensive back or track athlete has between 6-10% ratio of fat to bodyweight. Anorexics might have 2%. Keep in mind the most accurate way to measure body fat is immersion in water. Everything else is a guesstimate.

Hey Blackie, I would just like to point out that I am checked every other month by my doctor and I am in top physical condition with no worries and have no problems with hurting my body at my fighting weight and I have had no problems losing my weight and I do not drain myself either.

I would hate to tell you your NFL statement is false, a lot of players USE to be in the 2-4% bf range but now are more so than that...Everywhere you turn in NBA/NFL now their are a bunch of overweight ****s...

Also on a side note, I am measured in water for B/F.....

3-6% is a healthy range but as long as you keep your nutrition up and get in all of your needed vitamins you should be set...But at the same time carrying a lot of weight isnt good for you either.

Dyl-G
09-20-2005, 10:51 PM
what is this water method you speak of, cuz i wanna no what mine is but i got one of those electric scales and i know it aint accurate.

spinksjinx
09-20-2005, 10:56 PM
They put you in a harness and dip you into water, pretty simple...Your local YMCA or fitness center may have them or some doctors may.

KidBlackie
09-21-2005, 09:37 AM
[[[I would hate to tell you your NFL statement is false, a lot of players USE to be in the 2-4% bf range but now are more so than that...]]]
============================

I remember when the Cowboys measured Hershell Walker in his mid 20s and he had the lowest bodyweight they ever recorded which was 4%. Walker's workouts were legendary and he was a complete natural, no weights, no excessive nutrition. I stand by my statements.

Now if you have a doc who checks you out and gives you the thumbs up, well fine, but keep in mind that all docs ain't the same and some do some dangerous things with their patients. If you need to squeeze down into a division, water weight is the way to go since you'll have 36 hours usually to regain the weight from the weighin. You start messin' around with low bodyfat totals, then you enter into an anorexic mentality. If Hershell at 220 lbs of solid muscle tried to lower his body fat to 3%, well, he'd only drop to 218 which is a ridiculous result for such a dangerous practice.

spinksjinx
09-21-2005, 09:42 AM
[[[I would hate to tell you your NFL statement is false, a lot of players USE to be in the 2-4% bf range but now are more so than that...]]]
============================

I remember when the Cowboys measured Hershell Walker in his mid 20s and he had the lowest bodyweight they ever recorded which was 4%. Walker's workouts were legendary and he was a complete natural, no weights, no excessive nutrition. I stand by my statements.

Now if you have a doc who checks you out and gives you the thumbs up, well fine, but keep in mind that all docs ain't the same and some do some dangerous things with their patients. If you need to squeeze down into a division, water weight is the way to go since you'll have 36 hours usually to regain the weight from the weighin. You start messin' around with low bodyfat totals, then you enter into an anorexic mentality. If Hershell at 220 lbs of solid muscle tried to lower his body fat to 3%, well, he'd only drop to 218 which is a ridiculous result for such a dangerous practice.

You have every right to stand by your statements and believe in them, I wont hold that against you.

I have no problem with my weight draining is bad for you it breaks down your body overtime and when you drain you are also draining out the water that protects your brain which is why half of the boxers are winding up in hospital beds.

I dropped down with no struggle and I maintain it with no struggle and do my training and I am a garbage disposal. By anymeans I wouldnt say I am anorexic at all...

phook
09-21-2005, 12:00 PM
is it hard to maintain that low of bf%.. damn
anyway how long will it take me to get down to to %3-2 bf if im 11bf%
and HOW?

Pooch
09-21-2005, 02:51 PM
Anything I want really. But all I want is natural foods.

Fruits/Veggies/Whole grain wheat breads nothing enriched/white meat/eggs/peanut butter/water/orange juice/MRP/Protein shakes....Few others but those are off the top of my head.

My routine is pretty intense to an extent...
what is mrp?

spinks can you post your weekly routine and a sample day of what you eat i.e how many meals a day what time and what? coz im sure everyone here would like to know as well as me!

spinksjinx
09-21-2005, 05:39 PM
what is mrp?

spinks can you post your weekly routine and a sample day of what you eat i.e how many meals a day what time and what? coz im sure everyone here would like to know as well as me!

Meal Replacement like a bar or a shake.

I am constantly eating, I never starve myself. I eat probably about 10-12 times a day with snacking including. Usually the times I eat are

Throughout the day that is what times I normally eat...It varies what I eat as well but none of it is junk. My routine consistantly changes and I am pretty active...My trainer at my gym trains me on a whole other level...But I wouldnt recommend anyone to eat as frequently as I do unless you are active as hell (provided your goal is to be lean)....My trainer wants me to test the waters at around 126 in my next fight so I am eating a lot more meats and omega-3 fatty foods...Discipline, got to have it.

RastaSmoker
09-21-2005, 06:04 PM
That's ta result of that machine that calculates fat inside ma body. I dint ask qustions so Ima ask it here. Is that good? Shyt, 11 lbs? That means I can go back to featherweight if I lose all that fat.

its not that i dont believe you but this guy has 6 percent body fat during race season. http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a118/Rastasmoker/11.jpg

rocco1252
09-21-2005, 07:07 PM
For most of you I definately dont believe you if you say you have less than 10% especially considering it takes extreme measures to really drop below that. 8% is believable but once everyone else trys to say they are 8% or lower I tend to shy away from believing anyone at all just because without a total fitness fat burning diet and alot and I mean alot of working out and cardio work you will not make that and I promise you that.

I have been down to 4.50% body fat once in my life and I went down from 12% and it took me about 4 months to get there, I was 5'8'' and starting weight was 135lbs and I went down to 123lbs then up to 128lbs when I reached the 4.5% body fat.

I was in unbelievable shape but it took alot of work atleast 4 hours of working out on an average day. Running, full boxing routine and lifting weights (low weight, high reps). I was 15 when I did this and I am now back up to 14% and weigh 149lbs so for all of you who think you can get down in body fat easily and what not I really dont believe you unless you do what I was doing.

Another quick fact about this to probably prove most of you are liars is that Sylvester Stallone was 2.8% body fat in Rocky 4 and he weighed 173 lbs. Thats what you will look like (almost) if you have body fat lower than 5% so all of you who say your under 5% please post a picture I have to see this!

rocco1252
09-21-2005, 07:09 PM
Meal Replacement like a bar or a shake.

I am constantly eating, I never starve myself. I eat probably about 10-12 times a day with snacking including. Usually the times I eat are

Throughout the day that is what times I normally eat...It varies what I eat as well but none of it is junk. My routine consistantly changes and I am pretty active...My trainer at my gym trains me on a whole other level...But I wouldnt recommend anyone to eat as frequently as I do unless you are active as hell (provided your goal is to be lean)....My trainer wants me to test the waters at around 126 in my next fight so I am eating a lot more meats and omega-3 fatty foods...Discipline, got to have it.
once again sorry to call you a liar but I never knew someone with that low of a body fat level that eats that often especailly after 7pm which is the worst time to eat (after 7pm) because your body doesnt break down the food as your metabolism slows down.

spinksjinx
09-21-2005, 07:16 PM
once again sorry to call you a liar but I never knew someone with that low of a body fat level that eats that often especailly after 7pm which is the worst time to eat (after 7pm) because your body doesnt break down the food as your metabolism slows down.

Believe what you want but I dont put garbage into my body everything is natural...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/spinksjinx/DSCF0403.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/spinksjinx/DSCF0405.jpg

Feel free to believe what you want.

Dyl-G
09-21-2005, 07:34 PM
Believe what you want but I dont put garbage into my body everything is natural...

hell yeah dude, proof bro, hey spinks what are those meters that pinch your fat and measure ur bf % what are theycalled and are they accurate

spinksjinx
09-21-2005, 07:37 PM
hell yeah dude, proof bro, hey spinks what are those meters that pinch your fat and measure ur bf % what are theycalled and are they accurate

Those are fat calipers and those are more accurate than calculators and scales but water is the best but if used enough they will give you a pretty good estimate to guy by.

Manny_P
09-21-2005, 09:29 PM
damn, what division you in spinx?

spinksjinx
09-21-2005, 09:37 PM
damn, what division you in spinx?

Bantamweight.

RastaSmoker
09-21-2005, 11:00 PM
im the real deal lol http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a118/Rastasmoker/ggg.jpg

RastaSmoker
09-21-2005, 11:01 PM

damn boy,you would get thrown around in a street fight

spinksjinx
09-21-2005, 11:05 PM

I am not a street fighter and I dont go out looking to start trouble....Boxing is a hobby of mine and I appreciate the art and use it in the ring...Otherwise I am humble and could care less about beating anybody up outside of the ring...That isnt my game.

*Edit*

I must admit though, I got into a scrap Sunday with my girlfriends cousins boyfriend...He disrespected her and her family and just walked into her house threatening my g/f and her family...So I had to lay down the law...But that doesnt count.

phook
09-22-2005, 09:26 AM
do i have to go on a low carb diet to get down where u r, spinks?

spinksjinx
09-22-2005, 09:31 AM
do i have to go on a low carb diet to get down where u r, spinks?

Hell no, that is a horrible assumption....I adore my carbs. As long as they are good carbs though...I get them from my whole grain whole wheat breads and pastas...Carbs=energy

KidBlackie
09-22-2005, 11:41 AM
[[[You have every right to stand by your statements and believe in them, I wont hold that against you.

I have no problem with my weight draining is bad for you it breaks down your body overtime and when you drain you are also draining out the water that protects your brain which is why half of the boxers are winding up in hospital beds.

I dropped down with no struggle and I maintain it with no struggle and do my training and I am a garbage disposal. By anymeans I wouldnt say I am anorexic at all...]]]
======================

I think you missed all the points I made. I believe you said you're under 3% body fat. Did you know if you got sick and couldn't eat that your bodyfat could drop to fatal anorexic levels? If you weigh 125 and went to a 4% body fat level, you'd have a much healthier body fat minimum cushion and you'd only go to 126.5 lbs. This is serious stuff I am talking about.

As far as typical weighin losses and gains, you failed to note that the fighters have 36 hours to replenish their fluid levels and restore electrolyte balance. If you are not adhering to a minimum weight loss regiman in your class, it means you are fighting bigger guys than you need to because that's what they do which means you are taking harder punches and more punishment and assuming equal talent levels means you lose more than needed. The whole principle in weight classes is to match similar sized fighters.

I just hope you will consider what I've talked about. Boxing is a serious business and maximum training is also serious business and a lot of folks hurt themselves in the ring and even more hurt themselves overtraining every year and sometimes these things can be fatal.

Manny_P
09-22-2005, 01:42 PM

****in hater. I seen yer skinny ass body on yer avtar befo wearin a dirty ass wife beater needin sum bleach. **** outa here.

Pooch
09-22-2005, 02:40 PM

hey spinks your routine must be pretty intense could you give me a typical or simple routine that you may do? also do you do any form of weight training or plyometrics? long distance running or sprint intervals?

spinksjinx
09-22-2005, 02:51 PM
hey spinks your routine must be pretty intense could you give me a typical or simple routine that you may do? also do you do any form of weight training or plyometrics? long distance running or sprint intervals?

It consistantly changes but I do a wide variety of exercises ranging from plyometrics/weights/medicine balls/running...I do a combination of both...I consistantly change my routine each day so my body wont recognize it and it will help me gain better gains off of it. Doing the same workout over and over can burn you our physically and mentally...I owe a lot of my workout though towards sparring and the heavy/speed bag and the mitts and jump rope.

Want to get lean it really comes down to diet though...Also make your best friend your jump rope.

I do a lot of long distance running and uphill sprints as well.

Pooch
09-22-2005, 03:02 PM
It consistantly changes but I do a wide variety of exercises ranging from plyometrics/weights/medicine balls/running...I do a combination of both...I consistantly change my routine each day so my body wont recognize it and it will help me gain better gains off of it. Doing the same workout over and over can burn you our physically and mentally...I owe a lot of my workout though towards sparring and the heavy/speed bag and the mitts and jump rope.

Want to get lean it really comes down to diet though...Also make your best friend your jump rope.

I do a lot of long distance running and uphill sprints as well.
thanks mate appreciate your help. i know you change it all the time and it varies but could you give me a basic weights routine to follow please spinks?

Eric Persson
09-22-2005, 03:02 PM
Cant bodyfat be at lower levels when youre only around spinksjinx weight?
You dont carry much mass at 110-120 pounds, thats really nothing. Having 4% when you are 180-200 pounds i reckon could be dangerous in the long run but you should be fine if you are a small person.

Journeyman
09-23-2005, 07:10 AM
hey spinksjinx, you said make the jumprope your best friend. What kind of jumprope exercises would you recommend and what times throughout the day?

spinksjinx
09-23-2005, 08:55 AM
hey spinksjinx, you said make the jumprope your best friend. What kind of jumprope exercises would you recommend and what times throughout the day?

I do around 3-5 3 minute drills.

Hunna
09-23-2005, 11:07 AM
2.6%!!! man whats your weekly routine and what do you eat?

its a special diet called BS.

spinksjinx
09-23-2005, 11:11 AM
its a special diet called BS.

Yes sir, just served me up a sandwich of that this morning, would you like a bite?

There is nothing but a bunch of haters throughout this whole board anymore...Dont hate appreciate...Explain the benefit of lying on an internet messageboard?

I posted photos of my physique in this thread please look over and find a spot of fat on me....

puppy_dogg
09-23-2005, 11:17 AM
dont let the n00bs get to you spinks, all the oldschooler's know your the ali of the training section..

Hunna
09-23-2005, 11:22 AM
Yes sir, just served me up a sandwich of that this morning, would you like a bite?

There is nothing but a bunch of haters throughout this whole board anymore...Dont hate appreciate...Explain the benefit of lying on an internet messageboard?

I posted photos of my physique in this thread please look over and find a spot of fat on me....

wheres ya pics?

Hunna
09-23-2005, 11:28 AM
dont let the n00bs get to you spinks, all the oldschooler's know your the ali of the training section..

Ali of the training sectio? no-one in the forums deserves to have Ali to be in same sentence as their name. its an offence 2 Ali and brings down his credibility.

I just checked out spinkjinx pics, i man enough to admit that i was wrong and i eat my words, i just give some constructive criticim, why not put on some bulk?, i am a lean 6'2 light-heavy, but i do heavy weights and sprints every now and again, to increase brute strength.
When i get a hold of some sorta camera device, i will post my pics, i promise u they be up b4 RJJv. Tarver, hopefully 2morow! :o :boxing:

spinksjinx
09-23-2005, 11:35 AM
Ali of the training sectio? no-one in the forums deserves to have Ali to be in same sentence as their name. its an offence 2 Ali and brings down his credibility.

I just checked out spinkjinx pics, i man enough to admit that i was wrong and i eat my words, i just give some constructive criticim, why not put on some bulk?, i am a lean 6'2 light-heavy, but i do heavy weights and sprints every now and again, to increase brute strength.
When i get a hold of some sorta camera device, i will post my pics, i promise u they be up b4 RJJv. Tarver, hopefully 2morow! :o :boxing:

This is the training forum and everyone is amateurs and everyone should give nothing but positive energy...

To answer your question, I dont put on weight because I am more dominant at 112-117 where I box. I have no trouble making that weight and I am fast and powerful and I have an advantage over my opponents. Actually my trainer asked me if I was interested in trying the waters and coming in around 124-128 for a fight at one time and I agreed...Currently I am 123 still small compared to other peoples size but going from 113-123 in a 2 month period without being drained is a big achievment for me....If I continue to box (amateur of course no intention of turning pro) the highest I will go is 130...I am only 5'6....But I admit I am a gym rat and I am addicted to weightlifting and am a big fan of bodybuilding so bulking does appeal to me but not for boxing....

Also Hunna please do so, I am always interested in seeing actual progress and seeing people who are the real deal. We have a good bit of people on here who dont have any "real" amateur or pro fighting experience but bar brawling and street fighting it is good to have another amateur...Which is why 2k5 and a few others including myself are good to have a round....We can give knowledge to people who are interested and help them by being the real deal and have experienced what they will be when they step it up....I am all about helping out anybody in this forum.

Hunna
09-23-2005, 12:02 PM
This is the training forum and everyone is amateurs and everyone should give nothing but positive energy...

To answer your question, I dont put on weight because I am more dominant at 112-117 where I box. I have no trouble making that weight and I am fast and powerful and I have an advantage over my opponents. Actually my trainer asked me if I was interested in trying the waters and coming in around 124-128 for a fight at one time and I agreed...Currently I am 123 still small compared to other peoples size but going from 113-123 in a 2 month period without being drained is a big achievment for me....If I continue to box (amateur of course no intention of turning pro) the highest I will go is 130...I am only 5'6....But I admit I am a gym rat and I am addicted to weightlifting and am a big fan of bodybuilding so bulking does appeal to me but not for boxing....

Also Hunna please do so, I am always interested in seeing actual progress and seeing people who are the real deal. We have a good bit of people on here who dont have any "real" amateur or pro fighting experience but bar brawling and street fighting it is good to have another amateur...Which is why 2k5 and a few others including myself are good to have a round....We can give knowledge to people who are interested and help them by being the real deal and have experienced what they will be when they step it up....I am all about helping out anybody in this forum.

I am an amateur(exp) aswell, heres me in action, not a great shot, but best i can do for now. (red vest)

spinksjinx
09-23-2005, 12:28 PM
I am an amateur(exp) aswell, heres me in action, not a great shot, but best i can do for now. (red vest)

I believe you use to have that slipping photo in your avatar correct?...I look forward to your contributions, as I said it is good to always have people around with experience.

Hunna
09-23-2005, 12:30 PM
i just found those photos on my computer, its 1st time i have posted the pics. i been lookn 2 get pics of myself, and they were there all along. ( punchdrunk ,jj)

RastaSmoker
09-23-2005, 02:48 PM
****in hater. I seen yer skinny ass body on yer avtar befo wearin a dirty ass wife beater needin sum bleach. **** outa here.

if 6'1 210 is skinny then yeah i am, and as for the wife beater, clothes tend to get dirty when you work **** face. You wouldnt know that since you spend all day on here. or ma be you have been busy stickn foys wit ma nife. **** off and learn english

Manny_P
09-24-2005, 12:13 AM
if 6'1 210 is skinny then yeah i am, and as for the wife beater, clothes tend to get dirty when you work **** face. You wouldnt know that since you spend all day on here. or ma be you have been busy stickn foys wit ma nife. **** off and learn english

bleach yo dirty ass shirt *****!

haterade, go get mo haterade, LOL!

Pooch
09-25-2005, 06:42 AM

hey spinks could you give me a weights routine just bought myself a bench and some dumbells and would like a routine to get started and help my boxing. im 20, 5'8 and 150lbs. im of medium athletic build but obviously need to lose a bit of weight. iv sorted the diet side of it and the boxing just need some help in the weights department.

phook
09-25-2005, 06:48 AM
i also wanna know if i have to lift heavy weights and slowly to keep my muscle while cutting?