View Full Version : Any rib or pec injuries in sparring

alza1988
04-13-2011, 09:18 AM
I got 1 last week .Nurse said last night she think's it's just a bruised pec .1 week off but i've got a bad feeling it'll be longer and it's something to do with my ribs .Wondering if it could be s--t gloves i've been hit with :boxing: It feels akward .Painfull when i'm sleeping .

Rockin'
04-13-2011, 09:39 AM
you didn't sign up for golf man, it's just part of the game. Build a stronger core and your ribs will be less likely to get hurt.

The only way that I ever hurt a pec was when throwing a punch and catching a rope, tore it up pretty good. I don't know how else you could hurt that muscle unless your muscular and didn't stretch.......Rockin':boxing:

alza1988
04-13-2011, 09:47 AM
you didn't sign up for golf man, it's just part of the game. Build a stronger core and your ribs will be less likely to get hurt.

The only way that I ever hurt a pec was when throwing a punch and catching a rope, tore it up pretty good. I don't know how else you could hurt that muscle unless your muscular and didn't stretch.......Rockin':boxing:

No dramas man hopefully your right .I want back to training asap .Any advice on getting it to heal quicker .Were u out when u tore your pec and how long ?

Hard Chaw
04-14-2011, 06:46 AM
Try to sleep on your back if you can. Keeps your weight off it.

alza1988
04-14-2011, 09:50 AM
Try to sleep on your back if you can. Keeps your weight off it.

Thank's for advice man .This is going to be a b----d .

Crushedknee
04-14-2011, 05:30 PM
Advil Baby! It's the true Breakfast/nightcap of champions..Check you opponents gloves..the padding cap break down pretty fast..And Wraps, people sometimes throw some sort of unfair Knuckle protection in..

alza1988
04-14-2011, 06:31 PM
Advil Baby! It's the true Breakfast/nightcap of champions..Check you opponents gloves..the padding cap break down pretty fast..And Wraps, people sometimes throw some sort of unfair Knuckle protection in..

That's what I think's happened man , gloves .Thanks for advice .:boxing:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advil

alza1988
04-15-2011, 07:32 AM
When it gets better I think i'll get one of these .
http://www.ringside.com/Ringside-Sparring-Rib-Protector/productinfo/RBP/

Barn
04-15-2011, 08:00 AM
Is it sore to run?

When I did something nasty to my rib took 4 weeks to recover, probably because I trained on it though.

Running was a struggle lol.

alza1988
04-15-2011, 12:03 PM
Is it sore to run?

When I did something nasty to my rib took 4 weeks to recover, probably because I trained on it though.

Running was a struggle lol.

That's about all I can do mate is run .No i'm surprised .I'm just after a 6 mile run there mate and it's feeling alright .I can't do any conditioning drills though or go to boxing . Burpees , bagwork , any intense bodyweight training .The nurse said 1 week and think's it's a bruised pec but i've been a bit worried incase it's a rib cartlige they can take months .After that though mate i'm hoping for a few days but don't know .I don't think it was the pec it felt more like something behind it rib or cartlige but here's hoping .

alza1988
04-16-2011, 06:06 AM
Stretch arm across chest feels as if it's strengthing it .That's the good thing if it's really a pec bruise ( days ) If it's a cartlige month .Hoping for the best :boxing:

Hard Chaw
04-17-2011, 04:27 PM
Im guessing pec Injury. Ive done my ribs a few times and couldnt run on it.