View Full Version : old shadow boxing video

Boxer1590
04-07-2011, 03:53 PM
Video from a while back. I haven't been boxing for over a year and a half now. This was way before I even stopped. I'm gonna be getting back into it and I was just checkin out this video I had on my comp. Figured I'd share it lol why not. Feel free to critique.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/T_Yixxoqq9I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

bernardotelo
04-07-2011, 03:55 PM
sometimes you punch from your chest height you shouldnt do that because not everyone is smaller than you

Boxer1590
04-07-2011, 03:59 PM
sometimes you punch from your chest height you shouldnt do that because not everyone is smaller than you

100% right. Big problem I always had, that and keeping my hands down. Even when I would hold my hands up, I'd still bring them down before punching. I dunno why I feel more comfortable punching from that position. But that does need to be corrected no doubt.

Rockin'
04-07-2011, 04:02 PM
I'll guess that you've had 2 or 3 bouts at most. Honestly, nothing impressive to be seen here. While you were throwing fast punches alot of them were not even full punches and you had no weight in any of your shots. You jab in taking ground and then step right back out giving it back, why? Stick in there and dig abit, take a side and work some more. And quit trying to be so damned fast, you're moving your hands faster than your feet which gives you little balance and no power........Rockin':boxing:

Boxer1590
04-07-2011, 04:05 PM
I'll guess that you've had 2 or 3 bouts at most. Honestly, nothing impressive to be seen here. While you were throwing fast punches alot of them were not even full punches and you had no weight in any of your shots. You jab in taking ground and then step right back out giving it back, why? Stick in there and dig abit, take a side and work some more. And quit trying to be so damned fast, you're moving your hands faster than your feet which gives you little balance and no power........Rockin':boxing:

wrong, and I've done well.

It's just a shadow boxing video. Good points none the less, appreciate the insight.

TheHolyCross
04-07-2011, 05:35 PM
shadowboxing is cool an all, but unless you're willing too actually work during your shadowboxing(which means throwing with actual power and practicing what you would do in the ring) what's the point in sharing?

btw there is not enough torque in any of your punches

TouchyAndalou
04-07-2011, 06:05 PM
Video from a while back. I haven't been boxing for over a year and a half now. This was way before I even stopped. I'm gonna be getting back into it and I was just checkin out this video I had on my comp. Figured I'd share it lol why not. Feel free to critique.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/T_Yixxoqq9I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>Looks as if your roof could do with a bit of work.

Boxer1590
04-07-2011, 06:06 PM
shadowboxing is cool an all, but unless you're willing too actually work during your shadowboxing(which means throwing with actual power and practicing what you would do in the ring) what's the point in sharing?

btw there is not enough torque in any of your punches

Who throws power punches shadow boxing? Shadow boxing is a warm up.

TouchyAndalou
04-07-2011, 06:07 PM
As far as the shadow boxing goes, I really like the Bruce Lee noises you were making.

Boxer1590
04-07-2011, 06:10 PM
As far as the shadow boxing goes, I really like the Bruce Lee noises you were making.

lol thanks and it wasn't my basement. It's a tenement so it wa shsared with others and thr landlord owned it

TheHolyCross
04-07-2011, 06:49 PM
Who throws power punches shadow boxing? Shadow boxing is a warm up.

people who know how to box

and i dont mean ko punches and throwing your haymakers, staying in the realm of boxing basics and just putting steam behind the punches

Boxer1590
04-07-2011, 06:51 PM
people who know how to box

lol....

oh

TheHolyCross
04-07-2011, 06:54 PM
just keep at what you're doing, ignorance is bliss

ottoevans
04-07-2011, 06:58 PM
yeah man your focusing too much on going fast and lacking technique. You need to follow thru with your punches. I notice how your cross is really bad.

You need to go slower!!!! step in with your jab, turn your back foot and follow through with your cross. Its better that you practice going slow and get it right to get the whole Muscle memory thing down packed. Then when you do go fast your technique would be there.

Boxer1590
04-07-2011, 06:59 PM
just keep at what you're doing, ignorance is bliss

In the battle for survival the ignorant man has a considerable advantage